Alshan Ski Resort
Last updated by wendysong at 2013-11-4
Alshan Ski Resort Overview
- Note: Famous for alpine and cross country trails.
- Season: November - April
- Location: On the border of Inner Mongolia (Province) in China and Mongolia itself, 3-4 hours by bus/train from Ulanhot.
- Skiing Market: Suitable for skiers of every level.
Alshan Skiing Resort surrounded by tree-clad mountains is one of the best ski resorts in China after the Yabuli and one of the training bases for the Chinese Olympic skiing team.
The ski resort contains two parts: the West Hill Ski Terrain for ski racing and training and East Hill Terrain for fun. The West Hill Terrain is built in accordance with the standard of international ski racing, suitable for competition and training. This part covers around 5.5 square kilometers with a great many alpine and cross country trails.
The East Hill Terrain has alpine drops, runs for middle-level skiers and beginners trails. It has something for every level of skier. Ski machines have been set up to help the novices to improve their skills and enjoy the excitement.
Alshan Skiing Resort has advanced facilities. There is one middle-level alpine lift, 800 meters in length with an average drop of 22 degree with the biggest drop of 22 degrees and 3 primary lifts average 6 meters in drop, totaling 1000 meters in length.
Alsha has abundant ice and snow resources with a 5 months snow coverage period.
Features of Alshan Ski Resort:
- Snow trails leading to downtown are the only one of the kind in China.
- Unsophisticated settings of glades, forest, various peaks help deliver an unpretentious, natural, mind-friendly experience.
- multitude of snowfall, long snow cover period make ski time last from Nov. to Apr.
- great variety of activities including appreciating snow, playing with snow, football on snow, adventure trip on snow fields, ski race, ski training.
- Combination of the authentic mongolian flavor with skiing. You may have watched horse-racing, wrestling, archery and hunting on a grassland. Alshan Skiing Resort will carry out these activities on the snow ground to give you a complete different spectacle and feeling.
Solo Adventure Tips:
On the border of Inner Mongolia (Province) in China and Mongolia itself, 3-4 hours by bus/train from Ulanhot.
How to Get There?
From Beijing by air to Ulanhot, 3-4 hours by bus/train tothe ski resort.
Openning Time: Nov. - Apr.
Nov. - Apr.
There are 0 comments on this topic
Top Things to Do in Alashan
A brief intro to the tourist attraction Guangzong Temple… >> details
Travel Confidently with Us
10,000 Satisfied Customers
50 Years in China Travel Industry
Quick Response within 24 hours
Secured Online Payment
Group Tours with Solo Adventure
No Hidden Fees and No Traps