Bayan Gol Travel Guide
Bayan gol, also called Bazhou in abbreviation, is the biggest autonomous prefecture of area level, with the most length of over 800 square kilometers vertically and horizontally. The area of administrative division of district covers 48.27 square kilometers, which occupies one fourth of the total area of Xinjiang and is the prefecture with the biggest administrative area among 30 autonomous prefectures of national minority in our country, thus got the name “No. 1 Prefecture of Hua Xia (an ancient name for China)”, which has jurisdiction over 8 counties and one city, i.e. Luntai, Weili, Ruoqiang，Qiemo, Yanqi, Hejing, Heshuo, Bohu counties and Ku’erle city. The capital of prefecture was set in Ku’erle city. It is multinational community governed mainly by Mongolian, including 37 nationalities like Mongolian, Wei, Han, Hui, and so on, with the total population of 100 million, among which minorities are 443,800 people.
Bayan gol is also a historical picture scroll with most changeable vicissitudes, with the middle and southern routes of ancient Silk Road passing through from here; there were 36 nations at the beginning of Han Dynasty (206 B.C.-220) in western region of China, among which 11 located here. It is here that Zhang Qian went to the western region on a diplomatic mission and it is also here that Ban Chao showed his heroic posture by riding on a horse and holding his sword, and Tang monk trudged to Western Paradise to go on a pilgrimage for Buddhist scriptures. Many relics of Han and Tang Dynasties (206 B.C.-220, 618-907), such as Loulan Ancient City and Haitou relics, which have “slept” for thousands of years in the desert, just telling people about the development as well as rise and fall of ancient Silk Road; grand Manhan King’s Palace and magnificent Yellow Temple always remind people to hold the magnificent feat in mind that Wo Baxi led the army to return to the east.
Vast and beautiful Bayan gol has numerous resources and abundant products. Yanqi horse is well-known at home and abroad, and the same is true to Ku’erle fragrant pear. Talimu oil field has very promising future. Being involved in the Nadamu grand meeting of vast prairie, you can listen to beautiful and pleasant Jiangge’er singing with your legs crossed by the bonfire. At that moment, you can heartily feel the colorful national features of Bayan gol.
Area Code: 0996
Traveling Suit Tel: 0996-26121705
You have to pay attention to the following points when you travel around the desert of Ku’erle:
1. Contact the related travel agency beforehand and make a good arrangement of the route and transport. In addition, it would be better to travel with companions.
2. Bring enough drinking water, fruit, solid food, clothes and quilt for keeping out cold, as well as skin care product, the eye drops, the mouthpiece and goggles against wind.
3. Camera and video camera should be put into the bag for preventing them from sand and dirt.
4. You’d better choose autumn as the traveling time, since at this time the desert is relatively peaceful.
5. If you plan to go to the deep of the desert, such as Loulan, Niya site, Luobu Lake, the Altun Nature Preserve, and some other places, you have to make sure to bring plenty of provisions and facilities; in addition, some airplane for contingency should also be available. Only a bicycle and several companions are not safe enough.
6. Do not destroy the diversiform-leaved poplar tree, for this kind of precious species of trees has very beautiful shade. It is said that it can grow for 1000 years without getting wizened, can keep standing without falling down when it is dead, and can keep fresh without getting rotten when it falls down. It plays a very important role in the maintenance of the ecological environment in the desert.
Top Things To Do in Bayan Gol
The Altun Mountain Nature Preserve locates within the boundaries of Ruoqiang County and in the center of Altun Mountain which lies in the border of Xinjiang and Tibet. With an elevation of about 4,0... [ View Details ]
Bositeng Hu, or Lake Bositeng, located in the Bayangol Mongolian Autonomous Prefecture (Bazhou, for short) of Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region (Xinjiang), has so many names that it is almost absurd... [ View Details ]