Shanghai and Her Amazing Neighbours
8-Day, Shanghai, Suzhou, Huangshan, Hangzhou, Private Tour (ct-107s)
Tailor-make Your Trip!
Want to make some changes on this itinerary? Just tell us your dates, your interests and your way. We can tailor-make a trip for you.
Book this tour and get a Hongbao for the new year! !
Book this tour during 1st Dec, 2013 – 28th Feb, 2014. you'll get the chance to win Hongbao (Red Envelope) of RMB 10, 20, 50 or 100 when you book and confirm the tours. >> more details
Day by Day Tour Itinerary
Arrive in Shanghai, Flight not included
Destinations & activities: Airport Transfer (Shanghai), A Free CT cell phone package
- Detailed Itinerary: Arrive at the airport and transfer to the Hotel. Get your free CT cell phone with free 30 minutes and free rental from your guide.
Destinations & activities: Yuyuan Garden, The Bund, Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall, The Shanghai World Financial Center, Jiangnan Silk Shop and Workshop
- Yuyuan Garden (1 hour): Located at the heart of the old quarters in Shanghai, this private garden had been built in 1559 with a typical classic Chinese style and architecture. Covering 2 hectares, the garden has corridors, ponds, pavilions and rockeries. Surrounding the garden is a busy market where you will be able to find popular restaurants, souvenirs, antiques, handicrafts and local snacks.
- The Bund (40 minutes): Located on the Huangpu River, this embankment is home to the architecture gallery with 52 old European style well preserved building. This area had once been Shanghai’s commercial and trading center but it now has plenty of bars, high end stores, chic restaurants, futuristic developments and much more.
- Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall (1 hour): This fascinating exhibition hall is located only a short walk from Shanghai Museum and offers interesting insight into the future of Shanghai. The hall’s second floor is home to a large walk-around model of Shanghai. The other floors include displays, walkthroughs and interactive exhibitions.
- The Shanghai World Financial Center (40 minutes): At 492 meters of height, the Shanghai World Financial Center in Pudong District is an impressive landmark of Shanghai. The observation deck of the building is at a height of 474 meters and currently the highest in the world. It consists of shopping malls, observation decks, conference rooms, hotels and offices.
- Jiangnan Silk Shop and Workshop: Visit this excellent workshop to see how beautiful silk is created from silk worm cocoons. You will be able to find exceptional silk souvenirs here along with their valuable specialty- silk filled duvets.
Address: 289, Ao'men Road, Putuo District, Shanghai
- Home's Restaurant: Located close to Nanjing Road, Home’s Restaurant is well-known for serving Shanghai cuisine. The restaurant creates dishes with local ingredients and specializes in dishes like sticky rice, red jujube and smoked fish.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Home's Restaurant
Shanghai to Suzhou
Destinations & activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Shanghai to Suzhou, Tongli, Tongli Cruise
- Tongli: The town of Tongli has over 1000 years of history. The town has hundreds of Qing and Ming dynasty gardens, former residences of well known people, cartilages and temples. The town is divided in 7 islands connected by 49 historic bridges through the 15 rivers dividing the town.
- Tongli Cruise (30 minutes): The best way to explore this town is with a Tongli Cruise.
- Tongli Nanyuan Tea House: Built with the traditional bricks and with a wooden façade, this tea house is decorated in the style of Qing Dynasty. The tea house offers several types of excellent tea such as scented teas, green teas and black teas. It also serves refreshments, dried carrots and smoked green beans along with traditional performances for entertainment.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Tongli Nanyuan Tea House
Suzhou to Overnight train, Train No. K8418/K8419 (Suzhou Railway Station Railway Station - Huangshan Railway Station Railway Station) Dep 22:17 - Arr 09:00
Destinations & activities: Humble Administrators Garden, The Grand Canal(Cruising by Hand-operated Boat), Rickshaw ride, The No.1 Silk Factory, Hotel to Train station Transfer (Suzhou)
- Humble Administrators Garden (1.5 hours): One of the best examples of classical Chinese gardens, this garden had been built during the Ming Dynasty and has a central pond along with towers, chambers, terraces and pavilions. Among the 3 parts of the garden, the 5 hectares large sector is the most beautiful. The garden also has a Garden Museum.
- The Grand Canal(Cruising by Hand-operated Boat) (40 minutes): Known to be the greatest engineering achievement in China along with the Great Wall, the Grand Canal is the world’s longest artificial waterway. Cruise along the canal as you observe the life of the locals. Suzhou has many canals and lakes that link to the Grand Canal, offering you beautiful views along the cruise on the original Sea Silk Road.
- Rickshaw ride (1.5 hours): Enjoy a rickshaw ride through Suzhou’s Hutongs and old streets.
- The No.1 Silk Factory (1 hour): Famous for silk products, this factory is a great place to see how silk is created from the worms and to explore China’s silk history or to purchase beautiful silk souvenirs.
- Pine and Crane Restaurant: Located in Zhouzhang, this restaurant had once been the former residence of Shen Manzo and a very popular attraction. The restaurant is decorated in the traditional, simple southern cultural style.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Pine and Crane Restaurant
Overnight train to Huangshan
Destinations & activities: Train station Transfer (Huangshan), The Yellow Mountains, Yungu Cable Car, Huizhou Culture Museum
- The Yellow Mountains (6 hours): Spread over an area of 1,200 sq km in Anhui Province, the Yellow Mountains are known to be China’s loveliest mountains due to its magnificent scenery throughout the year. The area boasts of 1500 different plant species, beautiful outlooks, waterfalls, hot springs, gnarled trees, rocks in strange shapes and granite peaks. The area is only accessible on foot or by cable car.
- Yungu Cable Car (10 minutes): Enjoy the beautiful scenery of the Yellow Mountains by a cable car.
- Huizhou Culture Museum: Spread over 1.4 hectares architectural area and 10.4 hectares land area, this museum showcases over 100000 relics ranging from pottery and ceramics to documents, old books, jade, bronze, wood, brick, stone carvings, calligraphy, paintings and Huizhou ink stick.
Meals: Chinese Lunch
Huangshan to Hangzhou
Destinations & activities: Yungu Cable Car, Hongcun Village, Xidi Village, Hotel to bus station Transfer (Huangshan), Express bus station transfer (Hangzhou)
- Yungu Cable Car (10 minutes): Enjoy the beautiful scenery of the Yellow Mountains by a cable car.
- Hongcun Village (1.5 hours): This 800 year old ancient village leans against Mount Huangshan and is covered by the mountain’s fog, making it look like a natural painting. This village had been the site of the famous movie “Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon”.
The village is surrounded by a beautiful moat and bridges as well as a pond. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is laid out in the form of a buffalo. Hongcun Village is one of the loveliest locations in China and it still has traditional houses and streets, an old school and many halls.
- Xidi Village (1.5 hours): This World Cultural Heritage Site at Mount Huangshan’s foot was built during the Song Dynasty before 900 years. The village has well preserved traditional architecture. The street patterns and buildings here reflect that period’s social economic structure and is particularly known for its memorial archway.
- Leigang villa: This restaurant is located on top of a hill and serves local Chinese food in a gorgeous environment with beautiful scenery. All around the restaurant are peach and bamboo trees.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Leigang villa
Hangzhou to Shanghai, Train No. G7326 (Hangzhou Railway Station Railway Station) Dep 19:00 - Arr 20:01
Destinations & activities: Lingyin Temple, The West Lake(including the Island on the lake), Meijiawu Tea Plantation and Tea Shop, Hotel to Train station Transfer (Hangzhou), Train station Transfer (Shanghai)
- Lingyin Temple (2 hours): One of China’s 10 most well known Buddhist temples, the Lingyin Temple is home to Buddhist treasures and literature. The temple is also known for over 470 stone carvings dating back to the 10th-14th centuries.
- The West Lake(including the Island on the lake) (1 hour): Covering an area of 5.6 sq km, the West Lake is the symbol of tranquility. Visit the Fairy Island for the Three Pools Mirroring the Moon, one of the best views of the lake. The tree lined walkways, hills, verdant islands, arched bridges and pagodas add to the exceptional beauty of the area.
- Louwailou Resturant: This popular West Lake restaurant has a history of over 150 years. It specializes in Hangzhou cuisine and dishes like Braised Dongpo Pork and vinegar fish.
- Meijiawu Tea Plantation and Tea Shop: This Tea Village has over 600 years of history and is located in a natural, rustic scenic spot among green hills. Experience China’s tea culture by observing how tea is picked and processed. The store also has a huge range of tea products such as Wulong tea, Black tea, Green tea, Dragon Well tea and Jasmine tea.
Address: No.1 South Meiling Road
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Louwailou Resturant
Depart Shanghai, Flight not included
Destinations & activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Shanghai)
Early Bird Promo for China Tours 2014 - Save 10%!
Book this tour before Dec. 31. 2013. and depart in 2014, you'll get 10% discount of the total cost. Like us on Facebook and you'll get our free CT Phone Kit (includes 30 free minutes). Just provide your Facebook ID in the inquiry form. >> more details
Terms & Conditions （More...）
- Entrance fees.
- Meals listed in the itinerary.
- Private transfers.
- Private English-speaking guide and driver.
- Hotels listed in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Taxes.
- China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses.
- Any meals that are not mentioned in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
- Price may change during some Chinese festivals.
- Price is subject to change based on exchange rate.
- We accept both on-line payment (by Paypal® and Moneybookers®) and wire transfer.
- A deposit of 10% ot the total cost is required when you confirm your booking.
- For Cancellation Refunds, please click here.
You May Also Like These Tours:
- Easy get-around in Suzhou and Hangzhou from Shanghai
- Fly to Huangshan
- Ancient village in Huangshan
- Different tastes of local flavor meals
Travel Confidently with Us
10,000 Satisfied Customers
50 Years in China Travel Industry
Quick Response within 24 hours
Secured Online Payment
Group Tours with Solo Adventure
No Hidden Fees and No Traps