5-Day Essence of Beijing Tour
Tour Type: Private Tour
Tour Code: CT-BJ-2
Overview: Explore the ancient Beijing by visiting The Summer Palace, Yonghe Lamasery and The Temple of Heaven; experience the splendid Beijing by traveling to the Mutianyu Great Wall and enjoy the modern Beijing during the exterior visit of Beijing Olympic Stadiums.
Beijing Arrival (Flight not Included)
Destinations & activities: Airport - Hotel Transfer
Upon arrival in Beijing, your Beijing tour guide will escort you to hotel. The rest of the day is free on your own.
- Free time ideas: For your solo adventure, you can take a visit to the Ancient Observatory, just 2-stop away by Bus NO.29 from your hotel (Feitian Hotel Beijing). If you are traveling with kids, Beijing Amusement Park is a good choice (2 stops by Bus NO.829 )
* Note: Transfer, entrance fee and meals for your solo adventure will be on your own arrangement.
Destinations & activities: The Tian'anmen Square, Forbidden City, Beijing Zoo, Lizexiang Pearl Store
Meet up the rest of your group at hotel lobby before a visit to the largest public square that is the Tian'anmen Square. After that, we will enter the Forbidden City to reveal its historical charm. Have lunch in a Chinese restaurant.
In the afternoon, you will visit Beijing Zoo.Afterwards, you will have a chance to learn how to spot a fake pearl necklace at a time-honored pearl store. Have dinner on your own.
- Free time ideas: For dinner option, we would like to recommend Black Sesame Kitchen inside Heizhima Hutong near the Temple of Heaven, which is ranked NO.1 on TripAdvisor forums. At night, you may want to attend at a Kungfu Show, a highly-ranked activity on TripAdvisor.
* Note: Transfer, entrance fee and meal are on your own arrangement for the solo adventure.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Jing Mian Da Wang Restaurant
Destinations & activities: Mutianyu Section of the Great Wall, Bird's Nest and Water Cube, a cloisonné factory
Last night's good sleep gets a full charge for your tour to the Great Wall at Mutianyu Section. Among all the sections, Mutianyu is noted for better views and less crowds. You will enjoy a one-way cable car life at this section. On the way back, take an exciting sild-way ride downhill. Have lunch in a farmhouse restaurant before get back to downtown Beijing.
- Smart Tips:
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Xinshuangquan Restaurant
Destinations & activities: Summer Palace, Hutong Visit, Hotel - Airport Transfer
Today you will visit the Summer Palace. After a relaxing walk, let's get into the maze of Hutongs. Knock on a local family's door and introduce yourself, they will invite you for a cup of tea and chitchat. Have simple but nice Chinese lunch.
For your solo adventure in the afternoon, you can ask some tips from your Beijing tour guide. Here's what we suggest:
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Courtyard 7 Restaurant
Beijing Departure (Flight not Included)
Good time flies fast. Today your Beijing tour guide will see you off at the airport. Thanks for taking this China tour with China Travel. We hope to see you again soon!
Hotels and Accommodation
Dates and Prices
Terms & Conditions
- Entrance fees.
- Meals listed in the itinerary.
- Private transfers.
- Private English-speaking guide and driver.
- Hotels listed in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Taxes.
- China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses.
- Any meals that are not mentioned in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
- Price may change during some Chinese festivals.
- Price is subject to change based on exchange rate.
- We accept both on-line payment (by Paypal® and Moneybookers®) and wire transfer.
- A deposit of 10% ot the total cost is required when you confirm your booking.
- For Cancellation Refunds, please click here.
You may also like these tours
Not Satisfied with this tour? Why not make your own tour?
$ 499 Per Person
With Private Guide + Driver
Travel Confidently with Us
10,000 Satisfied Customers
50 Years in China Travel Industry
Quick Response within 24 hours
Secured Online Payment
Group Tours with Solo Adventure
No Hidden Fees and No Traps