Beijing Essence & Great Wall Hiking Tour
5-Day, Beijing, Private Tour (ct-bj-6s)
Tailor-make Your Trip!
Want to make some changes on this itinerary? Just tell us your dates, your interests and your way. We can tailor-make a trip for you.
Book this tour and get a Hongbao for the new year! !
Book this tour during 1st Dec, 2013 – 28th Feb, 2014. you'll get the chance to win Hongbao (Red Envelope) of RMB 10, 20, 50 or 100 when you book and confirm the tours. >> more details
Day by Day Tour Itinerary
Arrive in Beijing (Flight not included)
Destinations & activities: Airport to hotel transfer (Beijing Capital International Airport), upon arrival at Beijing Capital International Airport, you will be received and transferred to your hotel.
Destinations & activities: Tiananmen Square, The Forbidden City, Treasure Houses, Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, Lihengtang Pearl Store
- Tiananmen Square: The world's largest city square is an enduring symbol of China's national pride and a symbol of China all over the world. This immense square is located in the very heart of Beijing and is the key site for a number of significant events in China's history. Its name, Tiananmen (literally, Gate of Heavenly Peace), comes from a city of the same name located to its north, separating it from the Forbidden City. This grand site is surrounded by a number of imposing buildings both ancient and modern, including the Heavenly Gate (entry to the Forbidden City), various museums, government buildings, and Chairman Mao's Mausoleum.
- The Forbidden City: It can be said that the Forbidden City is one of China's most important and valued destinations due to its unparalleled role throughout history. The palace and temple complex was once home to 24 emperors between the years 1368 and 1911. So large is the property that its nickname is "the city within a city." Its significance has been recognized by the international UNESCO organization, who considered The Forbidden City a World Heritage Site. Indeed, the largest and the best preserved ancient imperial architecture complex in China if not the world--with a dominating square, intricate halls and gates, luscious gardens, courtyards, and quarters--is perhaps the country's most important ancient treasure. Today, a variety of cultural exhibitions, both permanent and temporary, showcase the glories and treasures of China's magnificent eras and dynasties.
- Treasure House Museum: Treasure House Museum is a premier site home to more than 440 precious relics from the Qing Dynasty (1644-1912) royalty. The museum is more than 220 square meters and has undergone more than 4 renovations in its time. About half of the current exhibitions available to the public today have never been shown before.
- Hutong tour in Xicheng District: A hutong is a set of historic maze-like alleyways, forming grand neighborhoods, often with many classic single story traditional courtyard houses dispersed within. In this 1 hour tour, take an exciting rickshaw ride through the dramatic narrow alleyways, visit a local family, and walk on the famous Silver Ingot Bridge (Yinding Bridge) to learn about the different thresholds of the courtyards.
- Lihengtang Pearl Store: Lihengtang Pearl Store is a state-run enterprise that specializes in the traditional technique and art of cultivating, processing, manufacturing, and of course selling all types of fresh water and sea pearls. China is the world’s largest freshwater pearl producer, and the country’s epicenters for these attractive beads are Jiangsu and Zhejiang provinces. The store offers a wide range of prices and qualities with full guarantees to cater to every budget and desire, including beautiful seawater pearls such as the Tahitian Black Pearl and Nanyang Golden Pearl. As part of China Travel, you will be able to watch the live planting of seeds inside a live mussel as well as how to differentiate between the quality and validity of pearls from real to fake, and there is no pressure to buy.
- Hotel Courtyard 7 restaurant: The Hotel Courtyard 7 can be found in the central area of the ancient Nan Luo Guo street, now a fun shopping street for seeking out the most delightful souvenirs. Housed in a 300 year old traditional Chinese courtyard, the property’s layout is beautifully rustic. The featured restaurant within serves both modern French dishes as well as fusion plates featuring Eastern and Western flavors at once. Take in the historical atmosphere in this city retreat while you enjoy your delicious lunch.
Meals: Breakfast; lunch at the Hotel Courtyard 7 restaurant; dinner at Quanjude Roast Duck Restaurant (Hepingmen branch)
Destinations & activities: hiking from the Jinshanling Great Wall to the Simatai Great Wall
- Hiking from the Jinshanling Great Wall to the Simatai Great Wall (4 hours): Your day will begin at the Jinshanling Great Wall section, a fantastic starting point for hiking enthusiasts to challenge themselves against the steep gradients of northern China. The landscape is nothing short of breathtaking, especially broken up by the ancient Great Wall. The distance between the Jinshanling and Simatai sections is about 10 kilometers. Only parts of the wall along this route have been restored, allowing glimpses into the original constructions that date back centuries. The tranquility of this less-visited area of the wall means you will be allowed a more intimate experience with China’s pride and glory. A zipline (option) at the end of the hike allowing for spectacular views over the valley and reservoir is available to take hikers back to the bottom. Comfortable shoes and weather-appropriate clothing and accessories are a necessity for this excursion.
- Si Ma Tai Restaurant: This restaurant can be found at the foot of the Simatai Great Wall, offering beautiful sunrise and sunset views as you enjoy your delicious Chinese meal and relax from your hike. Various delicacies and favorites are offered, giving you a chance to dine as the locals do.
Meals: Breakfast; lunch at Si Ma Tai Restaurant
Destinations & activities: Temple of Heaven, exterior visit of Beijing Olympic Stadium (Bird's Nest and Water Cube), Summer Palace (aka Garden of Virtue and Harmony, with boat cruise)
- Temple of Heaven: This outstanding complex of Taoist buildings was the main palace of the Ming (1368-1644) and Qing (1644-1912) Dynasties. Built in 1420 during the Ming Dynasty, various Ming and Qing emperors have since visited for annual ceremonies in order to pray for good harvests and more. Located in the south of Central Beijing, the Temple of Heaven covers more than 675 acres, and in 1998, the UNESCO foundation recognized the location as a World Heritage Site.
- Exterior visit of Beijing Olympic Stadium (Bird's Nest and Water Cube): These 2 structures from the 2008 Summer Olympics were perhaps the most photographed of them all by the media and visitors alike. Their imposing and visually impressive structures are certainly eye-catching. Both are located in the north of the city’s central axis. The entire Beijing Olympic Stadium covers more than 3,000 acres and includes the National Museum, wide exhibition area, Olympic Village, and 31 Olympic competition avenues including the Bird's Nest and Water Cube (aka Beijing National Aquatics Center). We will not enter any of the venues.
- Summer Palace (aka Garden of Virtue and Harmony, with boat cruise): The Summer Palace, with its well preserved and largest imperial garden in China, is considered by many throughout history and visitors as one of the most stunning architectural complexes in the country. Is it located about 12 kilometers northwest of the city center and is just as significant as the Forbidden City. This premier Beijing attraction is not to be missed. It is also possible to cruise on the scenic lake, a 10 minute journey by ferry boat.- Jing Mian Da Wang Restaurant (Chong Wen Men branch): Jing Mian Da Wang is famous for its antiquated atmosphere, flush with decorations of the old city such as red lanterns and bridal sedan chairs. The dishes served by the expert and experienced chefs fuse flavors from different regions throughout China, making your meal an adventure in and of itself.
Meals: Breakfast; lunch at Jing Mian Da Wang Restaurant (Chong Wen Men branch)
Depart Beijing (Flight not included)
Destinations & activities: Hotel to airport transfer (Beijing Capital International Airport).
Today, we will transfer you to the Beijing Capital International Airport in time for your flight home. Take all the memories of the glorious Chinese capital city with you!
Terms & Conditions （More...）
- Entrance fees.
- Meals listed in the itinerary.
- Private transfers.
- Private English-speaking guide and driver.
- Hotels listed in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Taxes.
- China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses.
- Any meals that are not mentioned in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
- Price may change during some Chinese festivals.
- Price is subject to change based on exchange rate.
- We accept both on-line payment (by Paypal® and Moneybookers®) and wire transfer.
- A deposit of 10% ot the total cost is required when you confirm your booking.
- For Cancellation Refunds, please click here.
You May Also Like These Tours:
- Experience an old capital journey by visiting Summer Palace and the Forbidden City
- Take part in a hiking to the Great Wall
- Visit hutongs to experience local people's daily life
- Get around in Beijing Olympic Green
Travel Confidently with Us
10,000 Satisfied Customers
50 Years in China Travel Industry
Quick Response within 24 hours
Secured Online Payment
Group Tours with Solo Adventure
No Hidden Fees and No Traps