5-Day Chengdu Panda Tour
Destinations: Chengdu, Emeishan
Tour Type: Private Tour
Tour Code: ct-cd-1s
Overview: The giant panda is unarguably the most recognized, beloved, and cutest symbol of China. The area around Chengdu city is the natural home of these endearing creatures, as well as the location of the world famous Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding. Why see just 1 or 2 pandas in a zoo when you can admire dozens at a time, as well as other amazing attractions?
Arrive in Chengdu. Flight not included
Destinations & activities: Airport to hotel transfer (Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport).
Upon arrival at Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport, you will be received and transferred to your hotel.
Destinations & activities: Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding, The People's Park, Kuan-zhai Lane
- Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding (2.5 hours): Found 6 miles north of Chengdu, this internationally celebrated home and research center for giant pandas, red pandas, and other endangered species will surely capture your heart. If seeing a grown panda is not enough, Be sure to visit the nursery were you can see baby pandas, results of the center’s successful breeding initiatives. Walk along the bamboo groves and shaded walkways, watching the pandas rest or play. The panda museum educates more about these lovable animals. The center also has a donation program where you may take a picture holding a baby panda for an additional price (about RMB 1300 Yuan); please be sure to bring enough cash if you are interested as credit card payments are not accepted. This program is only available based on the availability of pandas that day.
- The People's Park: The People’s Park is a welcome respite from the stuffiness and busyness of the city of Chengdu. Citizens of all ages come to enjoy the park’s natural elements, renewing their spirit and mind. The numerous bonsai gardens, artificial lakes, rockeries, historical monuments, and traditional tea houses are just some of the soothing visuals to enjoy on your walk through the park. There is also an annual chrysanthemum exhibition every autumn, a time when the vivid flower blossoms take over the People’s Park like a burst of fire.
- Kuan-zhai Lane: One of the best places to see the oldest original parts of the city is at Kuan-zhai Lane. The area has since been heavily restored and renovated to retain and enhance only the best of the Chengdu’s history. Experience the elements of a traditional lifestyle here, including appreciating the way that Western foods and drinks have come together, classic coffee, and art exhibits.
- Sanguyuan Restaurant: This restaurant serves up tasty meals that combine flavors from the culture of the Three Kingdoms. Historically, the Three Kingdoms period lasted from 220 to 280, of which Chengdu was a regional capital at the time. Each dish here delightfully bears a name related to the Three Kingdoms
Meals: Breakfast; lunch at Sanguyuan Restaurant
Transfer from Chengdu to Emeishan
Destinations & activities: Leshan Giant Buddha (including a cruise to an overlook)
- Leshan Giant Buddha (including a cruise to an overlook) (2 hours): Leshan Giant Buddha is the largest stone carved statue of Buddha in the world. This sitting representation of the deity is east of the city of Leshan in Sichauan Province. Its location is of very inspirational beauty, specifically on top of Lingyun Mountain where the Min River, Qingyi River, and Dadu River come together. A cruise along one of these rivers (40 minutes) allows for an even more enchanting visit to this stunning destination.
- Local restaurant: Because of the remote location of the Leshan Giant Buddha, there are limited dining options in the area. However, we will choose the best quality and delicious restaurant in the area for us to enjoy lunch together.
Meals: Breakfast; lunch at a local restaurant
Transfer from Emeishan to Chengdu
Destinations & activities: Emei Mountain, Monastery of Ten Thousand Years (including cable car ride up)
- Emei Mountain: Emei Mountain, the highest of the Four Sacred Buddhist Mountains of China, is the most famous peak on the western edge of Sichuan Province, about 120 kilometers (75 miles) from Chengu, the provincial capital. To the north about 38 kilometers (25 miles) away is the city of Leshan, known for its rich history and culture. The area around Emei Mountain is known as the Permian Emeishan Large Igneous Province. In 1998, UNESCO named the mountain a World Heritage Site. There are 76 Buddhist monasteries on Mount Emei, including the first Buddhist temple built in China in the 1st century AD.
- Monastery of Ten Thousand Years (including cable car ride up) (1 hour): This monastery, most recently reconstructed in the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644) after being burnt down a number of times throughout the centuries, is a grand brick structure set 1,043 meters above sea level. Originally built in the 4th century, the domed building with many small stupas and the largest of the 8 monasteries on Mount Emei is now best known for its large statue of a particular bodhisattva. The bodhisattva Puxian, famous for his preachings, is portrayed on a white elephant. The entire piece, here since the year 980, is 8.5 meters high, cast in copper and bronze, and weighs an estimated 62 tons. To get up to the Monastery of Ten Thousand Years, we will take a cable car (20 minutes).
- Local restaurant: Because of the remote location of Emei Mountain, there are limited dining options in the area. However, we will choose the best quality and delicious restaurant in the area for us to enjoy lunch together.
Meals: Breakfast; lunch at local restaurant
Depart Chengdu. Flight not included
Destinations & activities: Hotel to airport transfer (Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport)
Today, we will transfer you to the Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport in time for your flight home. Take all the memories of your beautiful trip with you!
Hotels and Accommodation
Dates and Prices
Terms & Conditions
- Entrance fees.
- Meals listed in the itinerary.
- Private transfers.
- Private English-speaking guide and driver.
- Hotels listed in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Taxes.
- China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses.
- Any meals that are not mentioned in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
- Price may change during some Chinese festivals.
- Price is subject to change based on exchange rate.
- We accept both on-line payment (by Paypal® and Moneybookers®) and wire transfer.
- A deposit of 10% ot the total cost is required when you confirm your booking.
- For Cancellation Refunds, please click here.
You may also like these tours
Not Satisfied with this tour? Why not make your own tour?
$ 809 Per Person
With Private Guide + Driver
Travel Confidently with Us
10,000 Satisfied Customers
50 Years in China Travel Industry
Quick Response within 24 hours
Secured Online Payment
Group Tours with Solo Adventure
No Hidden Fees and No Traps