5-Day Scenic Tour to Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong
Destinations: Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou
Tour Type: Private Tour
Tour Code: ct-cd-4s
Overview: On this scenic tour of Jiuzhaigou Valley and Huanglong scenic area, you will get to see why nature’s beauty has always been so valued to the Chinese people. Jiuzhaigou received its name from the valley’s 9 ancient Tibetan villages. The valley stretches more than 80 kilometers (480 miles) and covers about 720 square kilometers. The valley’s diverse attractions include Shuzheng Gully, Rize Gully, and Zechawa Gully, numerous crystal clear lakes, and peaks with altitude ranging from 1,980 to 4,800 meters above sea level. These points are so high that various forest ecosystems and landscapes, such as snow capped mountains, can be explored in the area. The Huanglong area provides even more captivating views on this exciting tour of China’s top sceneries.
Arrive in Chengdu. Flight not included
Destinations & activities: Airport to hotel transfer (Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport).
Airport to hotel transfer (Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport)
Destinations & activities: Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding, The People's Park, Huanglongxi Old Town
- Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding (2.5 hours): Found 6 miles north of Chengdu, this internationally celebrated home and research center for giant pandas, red pandas, and other endangered species will surely capture your heart. If seeing a grown panda is not enough, be sure to visit the nursery were you can see baby pandas, results of the center’s successful breeding initiatives. Walk along the bamboo groves and shaded walkways, watching the pandas rest or play. The panda museum educates more about these lovable animals. The center also has a donation program where you may take a picture holding a baby panda for an additional price (about RMB 1300 Yuan); please be sure to bring enough cash if you are interested as credit card payments are not accepted. This program is only available based on the availability of pandas that day.
- The People's Park: The People’s Park is a welcome respite from the stuffiness and busyness of the city of Chengdu. Citizens of all ages come to enjoy the park’s natural elements, renewing their spirit and mind. The numerous bonsai gardens, artificial lakes, rockeries, historical monuments, and traditional tea houses are just some of the soothing visuals to enjoy on your walk through the park. There is also an annual chrysanthemum exhibition every autumn, a time when the vivid flower blossoms take over the People’s Park like a burst of fire.
- Huanglongxi Old Town: For a town with a history of more than 1,700 years, Huanglongxi is still looking fine. Set right along the Huanglong river, the old town of Huanglongxi is known for its scenic views and rustic charm. Many of the buildings still retain their historical interface from the Qing Dynasty (1644-1912), the cobblestone alleyways are much alike how they’ve always been, and various wharfs and temples help to complete the picturesque panoramas. It is only a short 50 kilometers (30 miles) from Chengdu, and many movie producers have discovered the beautiful setting for their productions. On the 9th day of the 6th and 9th lunar months every year, joyous temple fairs recreate the lively activities of eras gone by.
- Sanguyuan Restaurant: This restaurant serves up tasty meals that combine flavors from the culture of the Three Kingdoms. Historically, the Three Kingdoms period lasted from 220 to 280, of which Chengdu was a regional capital at the time. Each dish here delightfully bears a name related to the Three Kingdoms.
Meals: Breakfast; lunch at Sanguyuan Restaurant
Flight Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou
Destinations & activities: Hotel to airport transfer (Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport), airport to hotel transfer (Jiuzhai Huanglong Airport). Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest Area
- Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest Area: Located in the southern part of the Minshan mountain range, the Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest is 150 kilometers (93 miles) northwest Chengdu, and its neighbor is Jiuzhaigou Valley. The scenic area is best known for its peculiar aquamarine pools created by calcite deposits especially in Yellow Dragon Gully, not to mention other geological rarities such as glacial revolution, dramatic waterfalls, and its world famous travertine landscape. In 1992, the area was named a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort restaurant: This hotel is part of the internationally respected Starwood Hotels & Resorts group, sure to provide the quality and service you expect on this package. The hotel’s restaurant has a comfortable atmosphere, and both Western and local favorites are available at the extensive buffet.
Meals: Breakfast; lunch at Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort
Destinations & activities: Shuzheng Valley, sight-seeing shuttle bus, Jiuzhaigou Valley Scenic and Historic Interest Area, Rize Valley, Zechawa Valley
- Jiuzhaigou Valley Scenic and Historic Interest Area: If you are looking for a destination in China in which to get away from the crowds, this is the place. Jiuzhaigou Valley Scenic and Historic Interest Area is relatively difficult to access, thus discouraging many people from visiting. This means that we will have the area relatively to ourselves, mainly sharing with just 9 other Tibetan villages nearby (the name Jiuzhaigou means “9 villages”). Found in the lower reaches of the Baishuijiang River and to the north of Naierna Peak (China Peak), the scenic area encompasses almost 150,000 acres measuring 59 kilometers (36 miles) north to south and 19 kilometers (12 miles) east to west. Come explore the varied vegetation and primitive natural landscapes in what is known as one of the most secluded and peaceful corners of China. We will also visit the delightful Shuzheng Valley, Rize Valley, and Zechawa Valley depending on time.
Meals: Breakfast; lunch
Flight Jiuzhaigou to Chengdu
Destinations & activities: Hotel to airport transfer (Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport)
Today, we will transfer you to the Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport in time for your flight home. Take all the memories of your beautiful trip with you!
Hotels and Accommodation
Dates and Prices
Terms & Conditions
- Entrance fees.
- Meals listed in the itinerary.
- Private transfers.
- Private English-speaking guide and driver.
- Hotels listed in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Taxes.
- China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses.
- Any meals that are not mentioned in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
- Price may change during some Chinese festivals.
- Price is subject to change based on exchange rate.
- We accept both on-line payment (by Paypal® and Moneybookers®) and wire transfer.
- A deposit of 10% ot the total cost is required when you confirm your booking.
- For Cancellation Refunds, please click here.
You may also like these tours
Not Satisfied with this tour? Why not make your own tour?
$ 2,049 Per Person
With Private Guide + Driver
Travel Confidently with Us
10,000 Satisfied Customers
50 Years in China Travel Industry
Quick Response within 24 hours
Secured Online Payment
Group Tours with Solo Adventure
No Hidden Fees and No Traps