Panda Keeper Program and Chengdu Highlights Tour
4-Day, Chengdu, Private Tour (ct-cd-7s)
Tailor-make Your Trip!
Want to make some changes on this itinerary? Just tell us your dates, your interests and your way. We can tailor-make a trip for you.
Day by Day Tour Itinerary
Arrive in Chengdu. Flight not included
Destinations & activities: Airport to hotel transfer (Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport).
Upon arrival at Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport, you will be received and transferred to your hotel.
Destinations & activities: JinLi Old Street, Wu Hou Temple, half day tour to Sanxingdui Ruins
- JinLi Street (1 hour): JinLi commercial street has been a mainstay in Chengdu ever since the establishment of the first Chinese dynasty, the Qin Dynasty (221-206 BC). It flourished in the Han Dynasty (206 BC-220 AD) and Three Kingdoms Periods (220–280) and is today still a popular place for locals to meet and shop at the countless teahouses, restaurants, bars, theaters, artisanal shops, and snack stands. JinLi Street has been fully restored in traditional Sichuan style with respect to its rich heritage.
- Wu Hou Temple (1.5 hours): This exquisite temple is named after the Marquis of Wu, Zhuge Liang (181-234). He was the exceptional military strategist immortalized in "The Romance of the Three Kingdoms." The many halls, rooms, statues, small museum, and famous Tang Dynasty (618-907) stele are all in impressively well-preserved condition, and the verdant gardens all around contribute to the overall atmosphere. There is also a hall dedicated to Zhuge Liang’s emperor, Liu Beijing, and even his royal highness’ tomb with a magnificent red wall leading to his final resting place.
- Sanxingdui Ruins: The ruined city of Sanxingdui which has a history dating back to over 3,000 years is a most curious site to discover. The on-site museum exhibits a fantastic collection of bronze, jade, and gold wares, as well as potteries and bones that help give clues to what life was like many centuries ago.
- Qin Shan Zhai Restaurant: Try something new right next to Wu Hou Temple at Qin Shan Zhai Restaurant, Chengdu’s most famous spot serving a large menu of health and medicinal dishes such as soups and hotpots. Each plate is meticulously prepared with only the best ingredients and attention, and the Sichuan flavors are undeniable. The property is also beautifully decorated in the traditional style with a fine courtyard, rockery, and small streams.
Meals: Breakfast; lunch at Qin Shan Zhai Restaurant
Destinations & activities: Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding, Panda Keeper for a day
- Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding (2.5 hours): Found 6 miles north of Chengdu, this internationally celebrated home and research center for giant pandas, red pandas, and other endangered species will surely capture your heart. If seeing a grown panda is not enough, be sure to visit the nursery were you can see baby pandas, results of the center’s successful breeding initiatives. Walk along the bamboo groves and shaded walkways, watching the pandas rest or play. The panda museum educates more about these lovable animals.
- Panda Keeper for a day: There is no other place in the world for visitors to act as a panda keeper for a day! Arriving at the giant panda center in the morning, you will have the chance to feed, bathe, and clean up after the beloved animals. Of course, you will be supported with all the assistance of the center’s expert staff. After lunch, continue exploring and helping with the world of pandas, learning about the fragile lifestyles of this endangered species.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to enter a panda enclosure why they are inside, so touching the animals is not allowed. However, the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding also has a donation program where you may take a picture holding a baby panda for an additional price (about RMB 1300 Yuan); please be sure to bring enough cash if you are interested as credit card payments are not accepted. This program is only available based on the availability of pandas that day. Please note that this exclusive program is completely arranged by the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding. As such, any program and activities changes may take occur without notice and are at the center’s sole discretion. Please contact us in advance to ensure the accuracy and any news of this program.
Meals: Breakfast; lunch
Depart Chengdu. Flight not included
Destinations & activities: Hotel to airport transfer (Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport)
Terms & Conditions （More...）
- Entrance fees.
- Meals listed in the itinerary.
- Private transfers.
- Private English-speaking guide and driver.
- Hotels listed in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Taxes.
- China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses.
- Any meals that are not mentioned in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
- Price may change during some Chinese festivals.
- Price is subject to change based on exchange rate.
- We accept both on-line payment (by Paypal® and Moneybookers®) and wire transfer.
- A deposit of 10% ot the total cost is required when you confirm your booking.
- For Cancellation Refunds, please click here.
You May Also Like These Tours:
- Get well known about cute Giant Panda in Chengdu Giant Panda Breeding Research Base
- Experience a relax and cozy life in Chengdu
- Visit historical attractions including Wu Hou Temple and Sanxindui Museum in Guanghan
Travel Confidently with Us
10,000 Satisfied Customers
50 Years in China Travel Industry
Quick Response within 24 hours
Secured Online Payment
Group Tours with Solo Adventure
No Hidden Fees and No Traps