Essence of Hong Kong and Beijing Tour
6-Day, Hong Kong, Beijing, Private Tour (ct-hk-9s)
Tailor-make Your Trip!
Want to make some changes on this itinerary? Just tell us your dates, your interests and your way. We can tailor-make a trip for you.
Day by Day Tour Itinerary
Arrive in Hong Kong (Flight not included)
Destinations & activities: Once you arrive in Hong Kong, you will be promptly transferred to your hotel. After resting, you will then be free to explore the city.
Destinations & activities: Half day Hong Kong Island Orientation Drive to Victoria Peak, Aberdeen, Repulse Bay(meals not included)
- Half-day Hong Kong Island tour: Your guide will pick you up from the hotel for this 5 hour tour. Hong Kong is known for its distinctive and unique culture and showcases the culmination of the West and East. This half day tour will start with Victoria Peak, the top tourist destination of Hong Kong with its Peak Tram that is 112 years old as well as The Peak Tower, the most unique building of the city. Visit Aberdeen Harbor where you can see the unique lifestyle of the people living on the fishing junks and enjoy a sampan ride for USD 10-12. The last stop is Repulse Bay, an exclusive and elite residential area of Hong Kong. (Meals not included)
Hong Kong Flight to Beijing (Flight included)
Destinations & activities: Today you will enjoy some free time before the flight to Beijing. Upon arrival in Beijing, you will be taken to hotel for check-in. Free time exploring this ancient yet vibrant capital..
Destinations & activities: The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car), Temple of Heaven, Shahe Cloisonné Factory.
- Mutianyu Section of the Great Wall (with round-way cable car ride) (2 hours): Located 2.5 hours away from downtown Beijing is a relatively quiet area of the Great Wall. Take a cable ride to reach a section of the Wall where you can walk along, explore numerovus towers and enjoy the world renowned views of the wall. Good walking shoes and appropriate clothing are recommended.
- Temple of Heaven (1.5 hours): Located in the Chongwen District in central Beijing is the Temple of Heaven which literally means Altar of Heaven. The temple is a complex of interesting Taoist buildings which was once visited by Qing and Ming dynasties’ Emperors for various annual ceremonies during which they prayed for good harvest.
- Shahe Cloisonné Factory : This factory is renowned for manufacturing Cloisonné ware. This high quality material is also known as copper wire and body inlaid Enamel which involves a complicated and elaborate manufacturing process that includes filigree welding, hammering, surface polishing, enamel filling and gliding. The factory is a great place for finding unique souvenirs as well as observe the manufacturing process.
- Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant: Visit this garden style and interesting restaurant located near the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall. The restaurant is renowned for its salmon, sturgeon and rainbow trout.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch (Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant)
Destinations & activities: The Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, Summer Palace with boat Cruise & the Garden of Virtue and Harmony
The Forbidden City (2 hours): One of the best known attractions in China, The Imperial Palace had once housed 24 Emperors from 1420 to 1911. The palace has magnificent halls, gates and squares which contrast with the amazing and intricate networks of quarters, courtyards, gardens and side halls. This is a city within city which includes temporary and permanent exhibitions.
- Tiananmen Square (50 minutes): Named after Tiananmen (Gate of Heavenly Peace) located at its north is the Tiananmen Square, Beijing’s largest square. The square is renowned for its cultural significance and has been the site of many important events in the history of China. It is an enduring symbol of the national pride of China and the largest city square in the world. Surrounding the square are many historic buildings like Chairman Mao Mausoleum, government buildings, museums and the Heavenly Gate.
- Hutong Tour in Xicheng District (1 hour): Explore the maze of alleyways in the historic Hutong which is known for its traditional single storey courtyard houses. This tour will give you the chance to ride a rickshaw through the district’s narrow alleys, visit a local family as well as walk on the Yinding Bridge or Silver Ingot Bridge.
- Summer Palace with boat Cruise and the Garden of Virtue and Harmony (2 hours): Known as Yiheyuan or Garden of the Nurtured Harmony, the Summer Palace stands equal to the Forbidden City in popularity. This is the largest and the best preserved gardens in the country and one of the main attractions in Beijing. Visitors can also take a 10 minute ferry to cruise the lake.
- Beijing Ba guo bu yi Restaurant: Enjoy a superb meal at the Ba Guo Bu Yi Restuarnt located at No. 68 Nanxiao Road, next to Beijing Youth Palace in Xizhimen. This highly popular restaurant serves the most authentic and heartiest Sichuan fare in Beijing. It is known for its traditional, charming Chinese decorations. Some of the favorite dishes here include twice cooked pork (huiguorou), Steamed fish with chili oil sauce, chicken smothered in chilies (lazi jiding) and dandan noodles served in a spicy garlic sesame peanut sauce.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch (Ba Guo Bu Yi Restaurant)
Beijing Departure (Flight not included)
Destinations & activities: Your guide will transfer you to the airport for departure. Thanks for taking this China tour with China Travel, hope to see you again soon!
Terms & Conditions （More...）
- Entrance fees.
- Meals listed in the itinerary.
- Private transfers.
- Private English-speaking guide and driver.
- Hotels listed in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Taxes.
- China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses.
- Any meals that are not mentioned in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
- Price may change during some Chinese festivals.
- Price is subject to change based on exchange rate.
- We accept both on-line payment (by Paypal® and Moneybookers®) and wire transfer.
- A deposit of 10% ot the total cost is required when you confirm your booking.
- For Cancellation Refunds, please click here.
You May Also Like These Tours:
- Visit hot attractions in Hong Kong including Victoria Peak and Repulse Bay
- Have a trip to the Mutianyu Great Wall and the Forbidden City
- Take a boat in the Summer Palace and explore local people' life in hutongs
Travel Confidently with Us
10,000 Satisfied Customers
50 Years in China Travel Industry
Quick Response within 24 hours
Secured Online Payment
Group Tours with Solo Adventure
No Hidden Fees and No Traps