Yellow Mountain and Hongcun Village Tour
3-Day, Huangshan, Private Tour (ct-hs-1s)
Tailor-make Your Trip!
Want to make some changes on this itinerary? Just tell us your dates, your interests and your way. We can tailor-make a trip for you.
Day by Day Tour Itinerary
Arrive in Huangshan (Flight not included)
Destinations & activities: Huangshan arrival. Flight is not included. Airport Transfer.
You will meet your tour guide outside the luggage claim area at the airport and then you will be transferred to your hotel. Your guide will help you check-in. Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure.
Yellow Mountain Exploration
Destinations & activities: Yungu Cable Car, The Yellow Mountains
In the morning, you will be transferred from central Huangshan City to the foot of the Yellow Mountain. The ride takes about 1 hour. Then you will take a shuttle bus (a round-trip included) of the scenic area for 20 minutes to get to Yungu Cable Car. It takes about 10 minutes up the mountain. Your knowledgeable guide who spends over half a year on the mountain every year will customize the most suitable route for you. You will spend a night on the top of the Yellow Mountain.
- As a Huangshan tour insider, we recommend a less-explored trail from Back Hill to Front Hill.
- Get a light pack and leave your not-needed luggage to your private driver, which is a key to full enjoyment and exploration of Huangshan.
- Go to bed early and sleep tight if you'd like to catch the sunrise in the morning.
- Short cut: A monorail is available running between the main peak and the bottom of the West Sea Grand Canyon, stairs between which are very narrow and steep. It takes about only 5 minutes down to save you 1 hours and energy , and costs about US$13 (80 yuan).
- Route Tips:
- Beginners, children, and seniors' choice: After descending the cable car and walking for about 30 minutes via mostly down stairs to the hotel, you will firstly have a buffet lunch. You will see Black Tiger Pine and Dream Flower Pine along the way. The exploration of West Sea Grand Canyon begins after a short break. You can decide how long you would like to walk for: reaching the 1st ring and returning takes about two hours, reaching the 2nd ring and returning takes about 2 hours or take a monorail down. Enjoy the sunset at Cloud-dispelling Pavilion. Then take half an hour to go back to your hotel.
- Energetic hikers' choice: Getting off the cable car and walking about half an hour, you will arrive at hotel to have a buffet lunch. The 30 minutes walk is mostly down stairs and on the way you will see Umbrella Pine and Black Tiger Pine. Explore the West Sea Grand Canyon after a short break. The exploration hiking takes about 3 hours. You can always use the short-cut to save time and enery. If time and energy permit, you will see more when taking another 3 hours to further explore Flying-over Rock and watch the sunset at Bright Top. Getting back to the hotel from the Bright Top takes 1 hour.
Meals: Breakfast, Traditional Chinese Lunch
Huangshan Departure, Flight is not included
Destinations & activities: Yungu Cable Car, Hongcun Village, Tunxi Ancient Street and Transfer from Hotel to Huangshan airport
Rise up early to see the sunrise of the Yellow Mountain and take photos. After breakfast in the hotel, you will head to Beginning-to-Believe Peak. You will see the Dawn Pavillion, Black Tiger Pine and Harp Pine along the road. Then you will take cable car down the mountain and finish the Yellow Mountain Exploration. You will enjoy an authentic Hui style lunch in a local restaurant.
Then you will visit ancient Hongcun Village. The beautiful Hongcun Village is located in Yixian County, around 10 kilometers away from the northeast part. This ancient town stands leaning against the majestic Mount Huangshan, is engulfed in the fog of the mountain, making it look like a mountain and river picture. This ancient village enjoys a history of 800 years and is believed to the picture perfect rendition of a traditional Chinese Village. One of the interesting facts about the village is that it is distributed much like a cow, making it China’s World Culture Heritage site. The village has also been featured in the “Crouching Tiger” movie.
Next, you will be transferred to Tunxi Ancient Street to enjoy a leisure walk and see ancient buildings. You will then be transferred to the airport, bus station or railway station for your departure.
- Transportations between Shanghai and Huangshan are not included. There are flights, bullet trains, overnight trains between Shanghai and Huangshan, usually one flight, one bullet train and one overnight train every day. If you need, we can book tickets for you with the best-possible price. Please contact us.
- The tour listed above is just for reference. The tour is very flexible. You can alter the itinerary to suit your schedule, price and interest. If you need transfers in Shanghai, feel free to contact us. If want to book hotels on your own, we can always remove the hotel costs in your quotation.
Meals: Breakfast, Traditional Chinese Lunch
Terms & Conditions （More...）
- Entrance fees.
- Meals listed in the itinerary.
- Private transfers.
- Private English-speaking guide and driver.
- Hotels listed in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Taxes.
- China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses.
- Any meals that are not mentioned in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
- Price may change during some Chinese festivals.
- Price is subject to change based on exchange rate.
- We accept both on-line payment (by Paypal® and Moneybookers®) and wire transfer.
- A deposit of 10% ot the total cost is required when you confirm your booking.
- For Cancellation Refunds, please click here.
You May Also Like These Tours:
- Enjoy the Yellow Mountain' s beautiful natural scenery; Have a walk in quiet picturesque Hongcun Village
- Have tasty dishes on the Yellow Mountain
Travel Confidently with Us
10,000 Satisfied Customers
50 Years in China Travel Industry
Quick Response within 24 hours
Secured Online Payment
Group Tours with Solo Adventure
No Hidden Fees and No Traps