11-Day Chinese Kungfu Experience Tour
Destinations: Beijing, Xian, Luoyang, Dengfeng, Zhengzhou, Shanghai
Tour Type: Private Tour
Tour Code: ct-kf-01s
Overview: Travel to Shaolin Temple to experience the mysterious world of Shaolin Kung Fu. See the grace and power combined in the demonstration of Shaolin Kung Fu art by a Master.
Arrive in Beijing (Flight not Included)
Destinations & activities: Airport to Hotel Transfer
Check in hotel upon arrival and enjoy some free time.
Destinations & activities: Temple of Heaven, Mutianyu Section of the Great Wall (with round way cable car), Shahe Cloisonné Factory
- Temple of Heaven (1.5 hours): Discover the group of Taoist buildings that had once drawn emperors of the Qing and Ming dynasties who visited for their annual ceremonies and prayers for good harvest. The Temple of Heaven means Altar of Heaven and this complex is located in the Chongwen District in central Beijing.
- Mutianyu Section of the Great Wall (with round way cable car) (2 hours): Among all the sections, Mutianyu Section is a less crowded part of the Great Wall. A cable car ride will take you to the wall where you can walk around and explore the beautiful view of mountains, hills and the watchtowers. Waterproof wear and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Shahe Cloisonné Factory :See how high quality and rare Cloisonne ware or wire inlaid and copper body enamel is created. This factory follows a very complicated and elaborate manufacturing process which includes hammering, enamel filling, filigree welding, gilding and surface polishing. This is also a rare opportunity to purchase high quality and special souvenirs.
Address: Dingfu huang zhuang North District Beijing
- Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant: Enjoy authentic taste of fresh salmon, sturgeon and rainbow trout at this garden restaurant that serves great farmhouse dishes near the Mutianyu Section of the Great Wall.
- Roasted Duck at Fangzhuang: Enjoy a meal at one of Beijing’s most popular restaurant for Beijing roast duck. The restaurant serves up more than 400 dishes featuring the Quanjude characteristic flavor with high quality and great technique.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant, Peking Duck Dinner at Fangzhuang Restaurant
Destinations & activities: Tiananmen Square, The Forbidden City, Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, Lizexiang Pearl Store
- Tiananmen Square (50 minutes): The largest public square in the world. Surrounded by important monuments and buildings like Chairman Mao’s Mausoleum, government buildings, museums and the Heavenly Gate, the Tiananmen Square is one of China’s greatest treasures. The square has played a major role in many important events throughout Chinese history and is of great cultural significance.
- The Forbidden City (2 hours): Explore the city within city with its temporary and permanent exhibitions, quarters, courtyards, gardens, side halls, gates and squares. The Forbidden City had once been home to many emperors from 1420 to 1911.
- Hutong Tour in Xicheng District (1 hour): Explore this fascinating historic district through a rickshaw ride as you explore its narrow alleys and traditional single storey courtyard houses, visit a local family and walk through the Silver Ingot Bridge.
- Lizexiang Pearl Store: Discover the world of the famous freshwater pearls from China. This is a great place to see how pearls are made from live mussels, purchase genuine, certified pearls and even learn how to spot fake pearls.
Address: No.7.Changqing Yuan,Congwen district,Beijign City.
- Courtyard 7 Restaurant: With its traditional, rustic and antique design, this popular restaurant serves modern French cuisine in a traditional environment. Enjoy a gourmet meal at this tranquil restaurant and take a break from the busy city.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Courtyard 7 Restaurant
Beijing to Xi'an (Flight NO.TBA)
Destinations & activities: Summer Palace with boat Cruise & the Garden of Virtue and Harmony, Beijing Olympic Green, Hotel to airport Transfer
- The Summer Palace (2 hours): Located 12 km from the center of the city, the Summer Palace is just as famous as Forbidden City. Known as the Garden of Nurtured Harmony, this is the largest and the best preserved imperial gardens of China and a top Beijing attraction. Visitors can opt for a 10 minute ferry ride on the lake.
- Beijing Olympic Green (1 hour): Spread over 1215 hectares in Beijing, the Olympic Green is home to Olympic competition avenues, the Olympic Village, an exhibition area and a National museum. Around 31 of these venues are used for Beijing Olympics such as the National Aquatics Center, Bird’s Nest and National Stadium.
- Jing Mian Da Wang Restaurant (Di'anmen Branch):This typical and refined Chinese restaurant has an Old Peking style and serves up traditional food. The waiters here are dressed traditionally. Try the tasty noodles here with the thick soy and sesame based sauce to get the real taste of Old Beijing.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Jing Mian Da Wang Restaurant
Destinations & activities: The Terracotta Warriors and Horses, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, Xian Imperial Fine Arts Center
-The Terracotta Warriors and Horses (2 hours): Explore one of the most popular attractions of China, the Terracotta Warriors and Horses. This impressive army of more than 7000 chariots, horses, archers and soldiers were accidentally discovered in 1974 guarding over the tomb of Emperor Qin since 210 BC. Every figure in the army is unique and painstaking excavation and repair still continues today in three protected pits. There's also a great museum. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Big Wild Goose Pagoda (1 hour): The simple yet elegant brick pagoda is an important Buddhist site. Located on the site of UNESCO World Heritage Site Da Ci’en Temple, the pagoda had been built for housing Buddhist materials brought from India by Xuanzang in the 7th century. The complex is home to many Buddhist murals, statues and large halls.
- Xian Imperial Fine Arts center: Find out how Chinese jade carvings are created at this fine arts center which manufactures lacquer ware and jade carvings.
- Reallove Restaurant: Located close to the Small Wild Goose Pagoda, this fine restaurant is among the finest in the city. The restaurant is popular for its excellent service, elegant environment and Shaanxi cuisine.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Reallove Restaurant
Xi'an to Luoyang (By High Speed Train No. G2008)
Destinations & activities: The Shaanxi History Museum, Ancient City Wall, Hotel to Train station Transfer
- Shaanxi History Museum (1.5 hours): Shaanxi’s history is believed to be China’s history and is the best in China. The museum includes four large galleries that are housed in Tang style buildings. The collection is impressive and beautifully displayed with English labels on most items.
- Ancient City Wall (30 minutes): The Ancient City Wall includes watchtowers, gates, ramparts and walls from the most complete and oldest city defenses that exist today. The wall was originally built during the 13th century on the site of the Tang Forbidden City. Visitors can explore the location on foot, by renting a bike (CNY40/person), electric cart (CNY40/person) or rickshaw (CNY45/ person). The complete circuit is 14 km long and offers beautiful views on each side. If the weather is not ideal for city wall biking, we will substitute it with Bell Tower visit.
- Hantangtianxia Dumpling Restaurant: Dine at this auditorium style, world class restaurant that serves up an authentic dumpling banquet with a huge range of tasty dumplings
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Hantangtianxia Dumpling Restaurant
Destinations & activities: Longmen Grottoes, White Horse Temple
- Longmen Grottoes (2.5 hours): Listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 2000, the Longmen Grottoes is among the 4 largest in China. The area offers serpentine rivers, green mountains and many cultural relics. The Longmen Grottoes had been listed as a national cultural relic protection unit in 1961 by the central government of China and it is also a National Park today.
- White Horse Temple (30 minutes): The White Horse Temple faces the Luohe River with the Mangshan Mountain in the background in Henan Province. The temple has been regarded as Buddhism’s cradle in China. Highly accomplished monks from every part of china and even from abroad visited the White Horse Temple throughout history to pursue Buddhism wisdom and inspirations. It was also known as Court for Ancestors and Home of Sakyamuni.
- Zhenbutong Water Banquet: First built a century ago during the Qing Dynasty, this building has five floors. The second floor serves up the famous Banquet fried dishes.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Zhenbutong Water Banquet Restaurant
Luoyang to Dengfeng
Destinations & activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Luoyang to Dengfeng, Shaolin Temple & Pagoda Forest (including Shaolin Kungfu Show)
- Shaolin Temple and Pagoda Forest (Including a Shaolin Kungfu Show) (3 hours): Shrouded in mystery and legend, the Shaolin Temple is where Kung Fu and martial arts originated as well as the mysterious Shaolin monks. This temple is perhaps the most popular in China not just because of Wushu or its martial arts but also because of its long role and history in Chinese Buddhism. The location has a theater where the Kungfu show is performed. The theater only has 200 seats so arriving early is recommended.
- Yongtaisi Shaolin Vegetarian: The Yontai Nunnery is located near the Shaolin Temple is serves only vegetarian food.
Meals: Breakfast, Vegetarian Lunch at Yongtaisi Shaolin Vegetarian Restaurant
Dengfeng to Zhengzhou, Zhengzhou to Shanghai (MU5382 Dep 10:10am - Arr 11:35am)
Destinations & activities: Transfer from Dengfeng to Zhengzhou, Airport - Hotel Transfer, The Bund, Nanjing Raod, Jiangnan Silk Shop and Workshop
- The Bund (40 minutes): Explore this magical and lively area with its bars, high end stores, chic restaurants, futuristic developments and European style old buildings. The area had once been home to large banks and foreign traders.
- Nanjing Road (40 minutes): Discover one of the world’s most popular shopping streets with local goods, international brands, specialist boutiques and large shopping centers. This glittery, busy street is very lively at night.
- Jiangnan Silk Shop and Workshop: Learn how the beautiful silk fabric is created from silk worm cocoons. The showroom has small and large items and souvenirs and it specializes in silk filled duvets which are highly valuable.
Address: 289, Ao'men Road, Putuo District, Shanghai
- Home's Restaurant: Located close to Nanjing Road, this restaurant has always enjoyed great reputation throughout China. The restaurant specializes in creating Shanghai cuisine with local ingredients and dishes like sticky rice with red jujube and smoked fish.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Home's Restaurant
Destinations & activities: Shanghai World Financial Center, Jade Buddha Temple, Yuyuan Market, Yuyuan Garden, Jiangnan Silk Shop and Workshop
- Shanghai Museum (1.5 hours): Shanghai Museum is the best and the largest in China. The outstanding building has galleries with collections of ethnic artifacts of minority groups, furniture, coins, jade, seals, calligraphy, paintings, porcelain, ceramics, sculptures, bronzes and even travelling exhibitions that come from museums like the Guggenheim.
- Shanghai World Financial Center (40 minutes): Located in the Pudong District, the building is 492 meters high and a landmark of Shanghai. When the construction of the building was completed, it was the 2nd tallest building in the world. The observation deck of the building is at a height of 474 meters- the tallest in the world. The skyscraper is home to observation decks, offices, shopping malls, restaurants, apartments and hotels.
- Jade Buddha Temple (40 minutes): The Jade Buddha Temple was built in the year 1918 and is an important Buddhist temple for the locals. The main attractions here are the two Buddha statues that had been imported by sea from Burma. The statues are carved from single rare blocks of white jade and are then decorated with precious stones.
- Yuyuan Market (30 minutes): Also known as the City God Temple, the market is located close to the Yuyuan Garden. The temple had been built during the Ming Dynasty in the 15th century. This is a Taoist temple which includes several different halls like the Star Gods Hall, Bedroom Palace, Middle Hall and Grand Hall. The temple is also home to many religious festivals and has a huge influence on Shanghai residents.
- Yuyuan Garden (1 hour): Yuyuan Garden is located in a complex of traditional buildings in a busy marketplace. Visitors will be able to find anything over here including great restaurants, teahouses, Starbucks, souvenirs, antiques, crafts, local food and snacks along with a small Temple.
- Seagull Palace: The seagull shaped building is an important signature building of Shanghai and located along Huangpu River. The palace is decorated in western style and serves Shanghai style cuisine.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Seagull Palace Restaurant
Shanghai Departure (Flight Not Included)
Destinations & activities: Hotel to Airport Transfer
Your tour guide will escort you to the airport for departure flight. Thank you for taking this China tour with China Travel, hope to see you again soon!
Hotels and Accommodation
Dates and Prices
Terms & Conditions
- Entrance fees.
- Meals listed in the itinerary.
- Private transfers.
- Private English-speaking guide and driver.
- Hotels listed in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Taxes.
- China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses.
- Any meals that are not mentioned in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
- Price may change during some Chinese festivals.
- Price is subject to change based on exchange rate.
- We accept both on-line payment (by Paypal® and Moneybookers®) and wire transfer.
- A deposit of 10% ot the total cost is required when you confirm your booking.
- For Cancellation Refunds, please click here.
You may also like these tours
Not Satisfied with this tour? Why not make your own tour?
$ 2,099 Per Person
With Private Guide + Driver
Travel Confidently with Us
10,000 Satisfied Customers
50 Years in China Travel Industry
Quick Response within 24 hours
Secured Online Payment
Group Tours with Solo Adventure
No Hidden Fees and No Traps