5-Day Essence of Shanghai and Hangzhou Tour
Destinations: Shanghai, Hangzhou
Tour Type: Private Tour
Tour Code: ct-sh-11s
Overview: Join us as we travel to Hangzhou, a charming and beautiful old water town, and Shanghai- a city that showcases modern China’s vigor.
Arrive in Shanghai, Flight not included
Destinations & activities: Airport Transfer (Shanghai)
Destinations & activities: Yuyuan Garden, Yuyuan Market, Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall, The Shanghai World Financial Center, The Bund, Shanghai Hua Ling Silk Exhibition Hall
- Yuyuan Garden (1 hour): Located in the old quarters of Shanghai, this private garden was originally built in 1559. This is a classic Chinese garden with a complex that has many corridors, ponds, pavilions and rockeries. The garden is also surrounded by a very busy market.
- Yuyuan Market (30 minutes): Also known as the City God Temple, this monument is a Taoist Temple built in the 15th century. The temple is home to many beautiful halls and is an influential part in the lives of locals. The temple is also the venue for many religious festivals.
- Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall (1 hour): Explore the future of Shanghai with interactive exhibitions, walkthroughs and displays at this fascinating museum.
- The Shanghai World Financial Center (40 minutes): At 492 meters, this skyscraper is Shanghai’s prosperous new landmark. The building is the tallest in China and the 3rd tallest in the world and consists of observation decks, offices, shopping malls, restaurants and hotels.
- The Bund (40 minutes): This architecture gallery on the Huangpu River bank is home to European style well preserved old buildings. This vital new area is also home to chic restaurants and futuristic developments.
- Shanghai Hua Ling Silk Exhibition Hall: Explore a wide variety of silk clothing and silk bedding products at this fascinating shopping mall.
Address: No.191, Songyuan Road, Shanghai
- Home's Restaurant: This highly popular and reputed restaurant specializes in typical Shanghai dishes like sticky rice with red jujube and smoked fish.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Home's Restaurant
Shanghai to Hangzhou
Destinations & activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Shanghai to Hangzhou, Lingyin Temple, The West Lake(including the Island on the lake), Meijiawu Tea Plantation and Tea Shop
- Lingyin Temple (2 hours): The Lingyin Temple is one of the wealthiest and the most important Buddhist temples in the country with many grottoes and pagodas.
Built in 328 AD, the original building had 1,300 dormitory rooms, 72 halls, 8 pavilions and 9 buildings. In front of the temple is Feilai Feng, a beautiful grotto site with many engraved Buddha images. Some of the other attractions here include Hall of Five Hundred Arhats, Sutra Library, Hall of Medicine Buddha, Grand Hall of Great Sage and many more.
- The West Lake(including the Island on the lake) (1 hour): Spread over 5.6 sq km, this lake is Hangzhou’s symbol. The Fairy Island is one of the biggest attractions here along with the many hills, islands, tree lined paths, bridges and pagodas.
- Zhang Sheng Ji Restaurant: This popular old restaurant specializes in creating simple but delicious dishes like vinegar fish and duck casserole.
- Meijiawu Tea Plantation and Tea Shop: Located in a rustic, beautiful spot, this village has over 600 years of history. Experience the tea culture of China by observing tea picking as well as processing. The village also showcases a huge range of tea products.
Address: No.1 South Meiling Road
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Zhang Sheng Ji Restaurant
Hangzhou to Shanghai
Destinations & activities: Ancient Village Wuzhen, Wu Zhen boat cruise, Our guide and driver will escort you from Hangzhou to Shanghai
- Ancient Village Wuzhen (1 hour): Located on the beautiful Grand Canal and completely surrounded by two rivers, Wuzhen is a typical water town.
- Wu Zhen boat cruise (1.5 hours): Take a wooden boat to cruise around the town for 20 minutes. Experience the traditional culture of the town, its ancient features that are well preserved and enjoy beautiful water views and colorful customs and traditions.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
Depart Shanghai, Flight not included
Destinations & activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Shanghai)
Hotels and Accommodation
Dates and Prices
Terms & Conditions
- Entrance fees.
- Meals listed in the itinerary.
- Private transfers.
- Private English-speaking guide and driver.
- Hotels listed in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Taxes.
- China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses.
- Any meals that are not mentioned in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
- Price may change during some Chinese festivals.
- Price is subject to change based on exchange rate.
- We accept both on-line payment (by Paypal® and Moneybookers®) and wire transfer.
- A deposit of 10% ot the total cost is required when you confirm your booking.
- For Cancellation Refunds, please click here.
You may also like these tours
Not Satisfied with this tour? Why not make your own tour?
$ 799 Per Person
With Private Guide + Driver
Travel Confidently with Us
10,000 Satisfied Customers
50 Years in China Travel Industry
Quick Response within 24 hours
Secured Online Payment
Group Tours with Solo Adventure
No Hidden Fees and No Traps