3-Day Huangshan Highlights Tour
Destinations: Shanghai, Huangshan
Tour Type: Private Tour
Tour Code: ct-sh-7s
Overview: China still remains one of the most ideal destinations for travelers who need to feel rejuvenated and much close to nature. The 3-day tour to Huangshan takes tourists across the majestic Yellow Mountains, dense forests and pine overgrowth, clear skies, and peaceful countryside villages.
Shanghai to Huangshan
Destinations & activities: Shanghai airport toHuangshan airport
Destinations & activities: Yungu Cable Car, Yellow Mountains
- Yungu Cable Car (less than 15 minutes): No regular transport can take you directly to the Yellow Mountain, and sometimes if you are lucky, you can get a taxi, which can cost you expensively. The best way therefore to travel toward the mountain is through the cable car called Yungu. The first cable car was built during the middle of the 1980s, and it connected visitors to the Mountain of White Goose from the Temple of Cloud Valley. Another cable car was added around 7 to 8 years later. The first cable, known as Cableway 1, measures close to 2,900 meters in an altitude of more than 770 meters. The newest one takes less than 10 minutes in one trip and accommodates up to 8 people.
- Yellow Mountains (360 minutes): The Yellow Mountains is often crowned as the most beautiful mountain in the country, or perhaps in Asia. It has been added to the list of World Heritage Sites by UNESCO as early as 1990. Located in Anhui Province, the mountain covers more than 1,000 square kilometers. The land form is greatly defined by the towering granite formations, many of which are already touching the clouds. Many scenic areas are known for their compactness, which means you get to see a lot of the region even in only a few minutes of walking. Guests can also choose to follow the various trails, though expertise from a guide may be needed in some areas.
There are many popular areas in the mountain including the Hook Bridge Nunnery and the White Clouds of the Mystery Valley, which can be reached by climbing more than 7 kilometers of stairs, Hot Spring, Jade Screen (with its various rock formations), and Beihai. Many also prefer to visit the area during sunset or sundown to enjoy the halo effect or the Buddha’s Light.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch (Chinese menu)
Huangshan to Shanghai
Destinations & activities: Yungu Cable Car, Hongcun Village, Hotel, airport in Huangshan, airport in Shanghai
- Yungu Cable Car (less than 15 minutes): There is no regular public transport that brings you to the essence of the mountain directly. There are some tourists who preferred to take a taxi, but it cost them a lot of money, and a taxi can only go up to certain areas. Thus, to get into the mountain, the best and economical way is through a cable car. Though the original has been built a couple of years ago, it still remains durable and reliable. There’s also another cable car that is a lot faster and has more space, which is ideal for those who are in a group tour.
- Hongcun Village (90 minutes): One of the most iconic villages in China, Hongcun Village, like the Yellow Mountains, has been promoted as part of UNESCO’s World Heritage Site. It is more than 800 years old and covers more than 15 hectares. It is interesting for two things: one is its intricate water management system, where the waters of the ponds are redirected to every house through small streams, so people had constant supply of clean water. The other is its shape, which is that of a cow. It was designed by a feng shui master to specifically appear as such, though only an expert guide can show you which parts of the cow are found in the village.
- Leigang Villa: Leigang Villa is a restaurant that gives you the best of Huangshan in one sitting. It has one of the best views of the Hongcun Village and is surrounded by the Leigang Hill, offering guests a very scenic and relaxing atmosphere. It also serves sumptuous Chinese meals.
Meals: Breakfast, Leigang Villa lunch
Hotels and Accommodation
Dates and Prices
Terms & Conditions
- Entrance fees.
- Meals listed in the itinerary.
- Private transfers.
- Private English-speaking guide and driver.
- Hotels listed in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Taxes.
- China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses.
- Any meals that are not mentioned in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
- Price may change during some Chinese festivals.
- Price is subject to change based on exchange rate.
- We accept both on-line payment (by Paypal® and Moneybookers®) and wire transfer.
- A deposit of 10% ot the total cost is required when you confirm your booking.
- For Cancellation Refunds, please click here.
You may also like these tours
Not Satisfied with this tour? Why not make your own tour?
$ 839 Per Person
With Private Guide + Driver
Travel Confidently with Us
10,000 Satisfied Customers
50 Years in China Travel Industry
Quick Response within 24 hours
Secured Online Payment
Group Tours with Solo Adventure
No Hidden Fees and No Traps