Suzhou's Exquisite Gardens Tour
2-Day, Shanghai, Suzhou, Private Tour (ct-sz-1s)
Tailor-make Your Trip!
Want to make some changes on this itinerary? Just tell us your dates, your interests and your way. We can tailor-make a trip for you.
Use This Easter Coupon and Get Saved for $50 !
Book any China tour with total amount over 1,000 USD before 30th Apr., 2014 . You can use this provided Easter Coupon (Code: easter50) when submit your inquiry and you'll get saved for $50 USD . (Hotels and flights booking are not included.) >> more details
Day by Day Tour Itinerary
Shanghai to Suzhou (By Train NO.G7256)
Destinations & activities: Hotel - Railway Station Transfer, Humble Administrators Garden, Grand Canal (Motor Boat Ride), Lingering Garden, The No.1 Silk Factory
- Humble Administrators Garden (1.5 hours): This is one of the best examples of classic Chinese gardens. Built during the Ming Dynasty, this garden is centered around a pond and has towers, chambers, terraces and pavilions. The garden has been divided in three parts and it offers something for everyone. The garden museum is also worth a visit.
- The Grand Canal (Motor Boat Ride) (40 minutes): Like the Great Wall, the Grand Canal is one of China’s biggest engineering achievements. It is the world’s longest manmade waterway. Spend some time cruising the canal and get an insight into the life of the locals. Suzhou has a network of beautiful canals and lakes, small and large, linking to this Grand Canal. Enjoy the view of smaller boats and the impressive traffic while you cruise the canal.
- Lingering Garden (1 hour): Known for its beautiful gardens, Suzhou is home to the Lingering Garden. This particular elaborate garden is actually a succession of smaller gardens. The Lingering Garden is well known because of its unique art and architecture. It has beautifully landscaped and picturesque gardens, pavilions, pavements and pools. There are many viewpoints to enjoy as you walk through covered walkways, doorways and carved corridors.
- The No.1 Silk Factory (1 hour): This silk factory is the best place to learn more about the silk products of Suzhou, the silk history and how the fabric is created from the silk worms. This showroom also has a huge range of silk products to purchase.
- Pine and Crane Restaurant: Dating back to the year 1780, this historic restaurant has undergone various changes. It still boasts of its rick and tasty Su-style Cuisine and is a great place to feast your eyes as well as taste buds.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Pine and Crane Restaurant
Suzhou to Shanghai (By Train NO.G7063)
Destinations & activities: Hotel - Railway Station Transfer, Garden of the Master of Nets, Rickshaw Ride
- The Garden of the Master of Nets (1 hour): This is Suzhou’s smallest garden spread over an area of 5000 sq meters. However, this small garden is very charming and it includes all the elements that make a classic Chinese garden.
- Rickshaw Ride (1.5 hours): Get an insight into the life of locals as you ride a rickshaw through Suzhou’s Hutongs and old streets.
- Yangyang Dumpling Restaurant: Once a dumpling factory, Yangyang Dumpling Restaurant is an exceptional restaurant highly popular today for serving western style food alongside traditional delicacies such as Chinese dumplings.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Yangyang Dumpling Restaurant
Terms & Conditions （More...）
- Entrance fees.
- Meals listed in the itinerary.
- Private transfers.
- Private English-speaking guide and driver.
- Hotels listed in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Taxes.
- China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses.
- Any meals that are not mentioned in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
- Price may change during some Chinese festivals.
- Price is subject to change based on exchange rate.
- We accept both on-line payment (by Paypal® and Moneybookers®) and wire transfer.
- A deposit of 10% ot the total cost is required when you confirm your booking.
- For Cancellation Refunds, please click here.
You May Also Like These Tours:
- Short stays in Suzhou's finer hotels
- Suzhou's graceful gardens
- Rickshaw ride through the city
Travel Confidently with Us
10,000 Satisfied Customers
50 Years in China Travel Industry
Quick Response within 24 hours
Secured Online Payment
Group Tours with Solo Adventure
No Hidden Fees and No Traps