3-Day Essense of Xi'an Tour
Tour Type: Private Tour
Tour Code: ct-xa-2s
Overview: Though Xian is mostly defined by the terracotta warriors, there are other places of interest that make the province even more breathtaking and memorable. Get a glimpse of some of the best in 3 days.
Xi'an Arrival (Flight not Included)
Destinations & activities: Airport - Hotel Transfer
Upon your arrival, your Xi'an tour guide will escort you to hotel for check-in.
Destinations & activities: Terracotta Warriors and Horses, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, Imperial Fine Arts Center
- Terracotta Warriors and Horses (2 hours): It makes perfect sense to begin the Xian tour in the famous Terracotta Warriors and Horses. Although it has been discovered only less than 30 years ago, it has already made the province a household name because of the landmark’s historical and religious value.
The warriors and their horses are housed on a huge tomb covering several kilometers of land. They are created for the then-emperor Qin, who wanted the mausoleum built several years before he died. It was in the belief he will still have warriors in the afterlife. It also displayed the defense systems of ancient China, as the location was not far from the emperor’s estates.
A lot of elements made the tomb spectacular. One is the uniqueness of every lifelike structure; not one is ever similar. Some may share the same hairstyle and uniform, but the facial expressions are very different. The tomb also boasts of four huge chariots. The materials used to build them were sourced out from Mount Li, and several artisans, laborers, and craftsmen worked on them for more than 10 years.
There is also a museum that displays some of the important artifacts excavated from the site. These include weapons, ranging from knives to shields. Some of them are in mint condition.
- Big Wild Goose Pagoda (1 hour): There are many temples and pagodas all around China, a testament of their benevolence to the Buddha. One of the most popular is found at Xian. It’s called the Giant or the Big Wild Goose Pagoda. It has derived its name from an ancient legend.
The pagoda is more than 200 feet in height and composed of various levels. It was constructed around the Tang Dynasty, but the original look had been altered after receiving major repairs and facelifts. There is a much smaller version of it, aptly called the Small Wild Goose Pagoda. A very interesting feature of it is it is somewhat leaning toward the west. It also holds a huge collection of Indian items brought by Tripitaka or Xuanzang to China.
The pagoda is found within a temple complex referred to as the Temple of the Great Maternal Grace (or Kindness) or the Da Ci'en Temple. Around the area are many murals depicting the Buddha, a bridge that gives you a good view of the temple, and large structures such as the Bell Tower.
- Imperial Fine Arts Center: If you’re looking for the best and authentic jade stones, then the Imperial Fine Arts Center in Xian is it. The stones are also sold with unique carvings in them. You also have the option to learn more about the stone or the trade from the craftsmen. Moreover, you can attend a short workshop on how the carvings are made.
- A Wa Shan Zhai Restaurant: Even if the restaurant has officially opened only in 2004, many locals and tourists flock the area, making it a household name. It’s a go-to dining location for those who like cuisines of Sichuan and Hunan. From here, you can also easily travel back to the Terracotta Warriors Museum.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at A Wa Shan Zhai Restaurant
Xi'an Departure (Flight not Included)
Destinations & activities: Shaanxi History Museum, Ancient City Wall, Hotel - Airport Transfer
- Shaanxi History Museum (1.5 hours): There are many different museums in China, and one of the visited ones is the Shaanxi History Museum in China. It is often considered as the ultimate window to the country’s very long history. Constructed since 1983, the edifice, which covers more than 10,000 square meters, contains several halls of varying themes. On the first floor you can find the article that went back to the Qin Dynasty or way earlier than that. You can then proceed to the second floor, where you can see a chamber of items that remind you of the previous dynasties that rose in both the north and south regions. There are also many articles that came from the Han Dynasty, Some of the items to watch out for are the lotus-pattern-adorned bowls made from gold. There are also a number of murals representing the Tang Dynasty.
- Ancient City Wall (1 hour): On board a bicycle, you can take a tour around the city walls of Xian, one of the longest-lasting defense systems in the country. The ramparts, a moat, many gates, and watchtowers are further proof of the strategic defense plan of the administrators of the city several years ago. Aside from the wall, the guests may also venture into a Bell Tower situated close to one of the gates.
As a complex, the city wall is surrounded by gardens and parks like the Pine Garden, where you can find a pavilion, and a park where the moat is located. The northern and western areas have gardens as well.
- Qianzhou Restaurant: The Chinese cuisine served in the restaurant is chiefly inspired by the Tang Dynasty and the Qian County, allowing the guests to experience a different kind of Chinese meal while in Xian.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Qianzhou Restaurant
Hotels and Accommodation
Dates and Prices
Terms & Conditions
- Entrance fees.
- Meals listed in the itinerary.
- Private transfers.
- Private English-speaking guide and driver.
- Hotels listed in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Taxes.
- China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses.
- Any meals that are not mentioned in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
- Price may change during some Chinese festivals.
- Price is subject to change based on exchange rate.
- We accept both on-line payment (by Paypal® and Moneybookers®) and wire transfer.
- A deposit of 10% ot the total cost is required when you confirm your booking.
- For Cancellation Refunds, please click here.
You may also like these tours
Not Satisfied with this tour? Why not make your own tour?
$ 299 Per Person
With Private Guide + Driver
Travel Confidently with Us
10,000 Satisfied Customers
50 Years in China Travel Industry
Quick Response within 24 hours
Secured Online Payment
Group Tours with Solo Adventure
No Hidden Fees and No Traps