8-Day Memories of Xinjiang Tour
Destinations: Urumqi, Turpan, Kashgar
Tour Type: Private Tour
Tour Code: ct-xj-2s
Overview: China's remote northwest is mysterious. These 8 days will allow you to explore Xingjiang and unlock the mysteries.
Arrive in Urumqi, Flight not included
Destinations & activities: Airport to Hotel Transfer (Urumqi), Guide delivers your CT cell phone. Pay no rental, call time only.
Your guide will deliver the free CT cell phone with 30 free minutes.
Destinations & activities: Boat for Cruise on the Heavenly Lake, Erdaoqiao Market, Heavenly Lake
- Boat for Cruise on the Heavenly Lake (40 minutes): Explore the lake in an enjoyable way.
- Erdaoqiao Market (1 hour): This bustling market is filled with carpets, knives, crafts, clothing and fruit. The old streets here are worth visiting and the specialty here is yugur traditional cosmetics.
- Heavenly Lake: This beautiful blue water mountain lake is surrounded by snow covered peaks, high meadows and forested hills.
- Jiamu Restaurant : Enjoy traditional Uygur cuisine and live performances at this beautiful restaurant.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Jiamu Restaurant
Urumqi to Turpan
Destinations & activities: The Xinjiang Museum, Souvenir Shop of the Great Hall of the People , Our guide and driver will escort you from Urumqi to Turpan.
- The Xinjiang Museum (2 hours): Explore the extensive collection of paintings, wooden articles, ceramics, coins, stone steles and silver artifacts. The biggest attraction here are the 4,000 year old preserved corpses from the Silk Road.
- Souvenir Shop of the Great Hall of the People: This is a great place to find jade sculptures, Xinjiang Heitian jade, jewelry and woven rugs.
Address: 45 North Youhao Road, Urumuqi, Xinjiang
- Qingzhen Fengwei Restaurant: Enjoy traditional Moslem dishes like mutton chop and fried rice.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Qingzhen Fengwei Restaurant
Destinations & activities: Astana Tombs, Tuyoq Village and Tuyugou Canyon, Suleiman Minaret, Local vineyard visit
- Astana Tombs (40 minutes): Located in the mysterious Gobi Desert, the ancient tombs have thousands of historical relics like ancient coins, wool, silk, cotton, silver ware, gold ware, iron ware, bronze, wood, pottery, stone, earthen figurines, paintings, inscriptions, and mummies.
- Tuyoq Village and Tuyugou Canyon (1.5 hours): Explore the majestic landscapes in this beautiful canyon. Tuyoq is a beautiful traditional village with old mudbrick houses, shady trees, irrigation channels, narrow streets, orchards and vineyards.
- Suleiman Minaret (40 minutes): This is Xinjiang’s largest ancient tower and the only Islamic minaret in China.
- Local vineyard visit (40 minutes): Visit a vineyard run by a local family to learn more about their lifestyle.
- Red Rose Restaurant: This traditional restaurant offers local Uygur dishes.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
Turpan to Urumqi to Kashgar, Flight No. TBA
Destinations & activities: The Karez Wells, The Ruins of the Ancient City of Jiaohe, Our guide and driver will escort you from Turpan to Urumqi, Airport Transfer (Urumqi), Airport to Hotel Transfer (Kashgar)
- The Karez Wells (40 minutes): Visit one of China’s three impressive ancient projects. The wells are connected by underground channels are still functioning and well maintained today. There is also a museum here on the construction and history of the wells.
- The Ruins of the Ancient City of Jiaohe (2 hours): Built by the Cheshi people during the Han and Qin dynasties, this is one of the best preserved, oldest and biggest ancient city the world.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
Destinations & activities: Lake Karakuli
- Lake Karakuli (2 hours): Located at the foot of Muztagata Mountains, this is a beautiful glacial lake with beautiful colored water and famous for its natural scenery.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
Kashgar to Urumqi, Flight No. TBA
Destinations & activities: Id Kah Mosque, Bazaar, Kashgar Old Town, Zhiren Street, Hotel to airport Transfer (Kashgar), Airport to Hotel Transfer (Urumqi)
- Id Kah Mosque (40 minutes): Visit China’s busiest and largest mosques from the 15th century. Stroll through the courtyards and observe the locals as they pray. The Main Hall has beautiful rugs, carvings and traditional pillars.
- Bazaar (2 hours): This highly popular market attracts merchants and locals from Kirghizstan, Pakistan and Xinjiang. The offerings here include souvenirs, locally made goods, scarves, carpets, rugs, textiles, leather, shoes, clothes and dried fruit.
- Kashgar Old Town (1 hour): Make your way through the narrow alleys of this ancient residential area. The houses here are very traditional and built on the natural slope. Talk to the local families to learn more about their traditional lifestyle, observe local embroidery, bakeries and pottery. The area is also home to a Folk Museum.
- Zhiren Street (1 hour): This old street offers a huge range of handmade goods ranging from unique musical instruments to cookware. Marvel at jewelry, woodwork, porcelain, metal and copper items made by hand.
- Orida Culture Restaurant: Dine at this traditional Uygur style restaurant serving Moslem food.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Orida Culture Restaurant
Depart Urumqi, Flight not included
Destinations & activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Urumqi)
Hotels and Accommodation
Dates and Prices
Terms & Conditions
- Entrance fees.
- Meals listed in the itinerary.
- Private transfers.
- Private English-speaking guide and driver.
- Hotels listed in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Taxes.
- China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses.
- Any meals that are not mentioned in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
- Price may change during some Chinese festivals.
- Price is subject to change based on exchange rate.
- We accept both on-line payment (by Paypal® and Moneybookers®) and wire transfer.
- A deposit of 10% ot the total cost is required when you confirm your booking.
- For Cancellation Refunds, please click here.
You may also like these tours
Not Satisfied with this tour? Why not make your own tour?
$ 1,819 Per Person
With Private Guide + Driver
Travel Confidently with Us
10,000 Satisfied Customers
50 Years in China Travel Industry
Quick Response within 24 hours
Secured Online Payment
Group Tours with Solo Adventure
No Hidden Fees and No Traps