Essence of Lhasa and Nakchi Tour
5-Day, Lhasa, Private Tour (ct-xz-22s)
Tailor-make Your Trip!
Want to make some changes on this itinerary? Just tell us your dates, your interests and your way. We can tailor-make a trip for you.
Book this tour and get a Hongbao for the new year! !
Book this tour during 1st Dec, 2013 – 28th Feb, 2014. you'll get the chance to win Hongbao (Red Envelope) of RMB 10, 20, 50 or 100 when you book and confirm the tours. >> more details
Day by Day Tour Itinerary
Arrive in Lhasa (Flight not included)
Destinations & activities: Airport to Hotel Transfer (Lhasa)
Upon arrival, you will be taken to hotel for check-in.
- Smart Tips:
Destinations & activities: Sera Monastery, Norbulingka, Drepung Monastery
- Sera Monastery (3 hours): Founded by a disciple of Tsongkhapa in 1419, this monastery consists of four different structures and is home to the well known daily debates. The name of the monastery comes from the fact that it was once surrounded by fragrant wild roses.
Tips: Visitors can observe the debates everyday at 15:00 except Mondays.
- Norbulingka (2.5 hours): Built by the Seventh Dalai Lama, this former summer palace for Dalai Lama had also once been the center for government administration.
- Drepung Monastery (3.5 hours): Located under the Gambo Utse Mountain, this monastery has beautiful white buildings dating back to 1416. This is one of the largest of its kind in China’s Gelu Sect and had once been the home of Dalai Lama. Each year in August the monastery hosts the Shonton Festival.
- Kechu Hotel: This restaurant and hotel serves authentic Nepalese and Tibetan food in a beautiful garden.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Kechu Hotel
Destinations & activities: Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street
- Potala Palace (1 hour): This massive structure had once been Dalai Lama’s winter home and is richly decorated with priceless murals, antiques and statues. The Red Palace is where the pilgrims make their offerings of silk scarves, yak butter and coins.
- Jokhang Temple (2 hours): This is a smaller, golden roofed, 4 storey temple which showcases Tibetan Buddhism. This is a very busy temple and is a great place to learn more about the local religion and lifestyle.
- Barkhor Street (2 hours): Dating back 1,300 years, the street encircles the beautiful Jokhang Temple and is a great place to observe the pilgrims in their traditional dresses as they encircle the temple with their prayer wheels. Visit the local stores, tea houses and coffee shops.
- Steak House Restaurant: With a beautiful view, this restaurant specializes in Tibetan and Western cuisines in a gorgeous atmosphere.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Steak House Restaurant
Destinations & activities: Yangpachen, Lake Namtso
- Yangpachen: Spread over 150,000 hectares in a basin at Nyainqentanglha Mountain’s foot, this is a great place to enjoy hot springs as well as observe the semi-nomadic lives of the Tibetan herders that live here.
- Lake Namtso: This is China’s second largest saltwater lake. The beautiful lake has azure waters and has snow capped mountains in the background. The route includes a gravel road to the lake from Damxung, which can be very difficult during the months when it rains here.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
Depart Lhasa, Flight not included
Destinations & activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Lhasa)
Terms & Conditions （More...）
Note: A Tibet Travel Permit is required to enter Tibet in addition to a China Visa. The Tibet Tourism Administration has recently indicated that they will tighten the regulations which control the issuance of Tibet Travel Permits. Besides now having to enter Tibet in a group of five people or more of the same nationality, the permit will be issued just 4-5 days before arriving in Lhasa. This means that we are unable to guarantee that a permit to travel will be approved. Also the permit will need to be sent to the place of departure in China for Lhasa by express courier. The additional cost will be 300–400 CNY. Your travel advisor will provide additional information. We apologize for this extra cost. However, it is out of our control.
You May Also Like These Tours:
- All the essence of Lhasa
- The Potala Palace
- Local pilgrimages in a close touch
- Escort to the Lake Namtso
It needs 20 days to process Tibet Travel Permit. China Travel kindly suggests you confirm your tour at least 30 days ahead of time.
Feel free to contact us via:
Phone: 86-773-2889566 ( Leon Long )
Fax: +86-773-2827424 or 2885308
Mail Address: Chinatravel.com/CITS Guilin, Binjiang Road No. 11, Guilin, P.R. China, 541002
Travel Confidently with Us
10,000 Satisfied Customers
50 Years in China Travel Industry
Quick Response within 24 hours
Secured Online Payment
Group Tours with Solo Adventure
No Hidden Fees and No Traps