5-Day Essence of Lhasa and Nakchi Tour
Tour Type: Private Tour
Tour Code: ct-xz-22s
Overview: This 5 day tour offers you the best of Lhasa along the beautiful natural scenery of Tibetan countryside.
Arrive in Lhasa, Flight not included
Destinations & activities: Airport to Hotel Transfer (Lhasa)
Destinations & activities: Sera Monastery, Norbulingka, Drepung Monastery
- Sera Monastery (3 hours): Founded by a disciple of Tsongkhapa in 1419, this monastery consists of four different structures and is home to the well known daily debates. The name of the monastery comes from the fact that it was once surrounded by fragrant wild roses.
Tips: Visitors can observe the debates everyday at 15:00 except Mondays.
- Norbulingka (2.5 hours): Built by the Seventh Dalai Lama, this former summer palace for Dalai Lama had also once been the center for government administration.
- Drepung Monastery (3.5 hours): Located under the Gambo Utse Mountain, this monastery has beautiful white buildings dating back to 1416. This is one of the largest of its kind in China’s Gelu Sect and had once been the home of Dalai Lama. Each year in August the monastery hosts the Shonton Festival.
- Kechu Hotel: This restaurant and hotel serves authentic Nepalese and Tibetan food in a beautiful garden.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Kechu Hotel
Destinations & activities: Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street
- Potala Palace (1 hour): This massive structure had once been Dalai Lama’s winter home and is richly decorated with priceless murals, antiques and statues. The Red Palace is where the pilgrims make their offerings of silk scarves, yak butter and coins.
- Jokhang Temple (2 hours): This is a smaller, golden roofed, 4 storey temple which showcases Tibetan Buddhism. This is a very busy temple and is a great place to learn more about the local religion and lifestyle.
- Barkhor Street (2 hours): Dating back 1,300 years, the street encircles the beautiful Jokhang Temple and is a great place to observe the pilgrims in their traditional dresses as they encircle the temple with their prayer wheels. Visit the local stores, tea houses and coffee shops.
- Steak House Restaurant: With a beautiful view, this restaurant specializes in Tibetan and Western cuisines in a gorgeous atmosphere.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Steak House Restaurant
Destinations & activities: Yangpachen, Lake Namtso
- Yangpachen: Spread over 150,000 hectares in a basin at Nyainqentanglha Mountain’s foot, this is a great place to enjoy hot springs as well as observe the semi-nomadic lives of the Tibetan herders that live here.
- Lake Namtso: This is China’s second largest saltwater lake. The beautiful lake has azure waters and has snow capped mountains in the background. The route includes a gravel road to the lake from Damxung, which can be very difficult during the months when it rains here.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
Depart Lhasa, Flight not included
Destinations & activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Lhasa)
Hotels and Accommodation
Dates and Prices
Terms & Conditions
- Entrance fees.
- Meals listed in the itinerary.
- Private transfers.
- Private English-speaking guide and driver.
- Hotels listed in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Taxes.
- China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses.
- Any meals that are not mentioned in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
- Price may change during some Chinese festivals.
- Price is subject to change based on exchange rate.
- We accept both on-line payment (by Paypal® and Moneybookers®) and wire transfer.
- A deposit of 10% ot the total cost is required when you confirm your booking.
- For Cancellation Refunds, please click here.
You may also like these tours
Not Satisfied with this tour? Why not make your own tour?
$ 879 Per Person
With Private Guide + Driver
Travel Confidently with Us
10,000 Satisfied Customers
50 Years in China Travel Industry
Quick Response within 24 hours
Secured Online Payment
Group Tours with Solo Adventure
No Hidden Fees and No Traps