7-Day Shanghai Sights & Yangtze Combo
Destinations: Shanghai, Chongqing, Yangtze, Yichang
Tour Type: Private Tour
Tour Code: ct-yz-01s
Overview: Rewarding trip in Shanghai plus a Yangtze River Cruise, reason to make your one week and money well spent.
Arrive in Shanghai, Flight not included
Destinations & activities: Airport Transfer
Check in hotel upon arrival and have some free time.
Destinations & activities: Yuyuan Garden, Shanghai Museum, The Bund, The Shanghai World Financial Center, Jiangnan Silk Shop and Workshop
- Yuyuan Garden (1 hour): Backing into Yu Gardens and located at a busy marketplace is Yuyuan Garden. In this complex of ancient, traditional style buildings you will be able to find everything ranging from souvenirs, antiques, crafts, local food to great restaurants, teahouses and Starbucks. The complex also includes a small Temple.
- Shanghai Museum (1.5 hours): Visit the best and the largest museum of Shanghai and China. The outstanding building houses many galleries that display excellent collections of minority groups’ ethnic artifacts, furniture, coins, jade, seals, calligraphy, paintings, porcelain, ceramics, sculptures and bronzes along with travelling temporary exhibitions from museums like Guggenheim.
- The Bund (40 minutes): The Bund had once been home to major banks and foreign traders. This embankment now has a whole new vitality. Explore European style old buildings, futuristic developments, bars, high end stores and chic restaurants.
- The Shanghai World Financial Center (40 minutes): The super tall skyscraper houses Shanghai World Financial Center. The building is a mixed used building consisting of shopping malls, observation deck, conference rooms, hotels and offices. The hotel Park Hyatt in the building has 175 rooms. In 2007, the building recorded a height of 492.3 meters to become the tallest in mainland China as well as the third tallest in the world after Burj Dubai and Taipei 101.
- Jiangnan Silk Shop and Workshop: This wonderful workshop and store will allow you to see the process of manufacturing silk from silk worm cocoons as well as how it is then turned into a beautiful fabric. The showroom offers large and small souvenirs along with valuable silk filled duvets.
Address: 289, Ao'men Road, Putuo District, Shanghai
- Old Shanghai Restaurant: This popular and old local restaurant serves traditional Shanghai cuisine as well as flavors from many other parts of the country.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Old Shanghai Restaurant
Shanghai to Chongqing to Yangtze, Flight No. TBA
Destinations & activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Shanghai), Airport Transfer (Chongqing), Panda Room in Chongqing Zoo, Ciqikou Old Town, Cruise pier Transfer (Chongqing), Board the ship from 5:00pm to 8:00pm and departs Chongqing at 9:00pm.(Dinner is not included)
- Panda Room in Chongqing Zoo (2 hours): The Congqing Zoo is located in the city’s western suburbs and covers 45 hectares area where it houses rare animals like South China Tigers and Golden hair monkeys. Watch great pandas along with their offspring in the Panda Room or join Tai Chi practice at the zoo during the morning hours.
- Ciqikou Old Town (1.5 hours): This partly restored and charming old town is a busy and authentic community that should not be missed. Explore the narrow alleyways and wooden houses or visit one of the souvenir and craft shops, local snacks and food, music and teahouses located close to the river.
- Yunyuan restaurant: This popular restaurant specializes in hot pot and Sichuan food.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Yunyuan restaurant
Destinations & activities: Welcoming Banquet, Dancing Party, Fengdu Ghost City(8:30-10:30)
- Explore the home of Tianzi- King of the Dead, Fengdu: According to ancient Chinese legends, Fengdu is home to the devil and where all evil spirits go to after their demise. Behind Fengdu is the towering Ming Shan Hill while inside this eerie town are empty banks, shops, tower blocks and deserted streets.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch, Chinese Dinner
Destinations & activities: Qutang Gorge, Wu Gorge, Shennong Stream(1:30pm-5:30pm), Crew's Performance
- Passes through the 1st gorge - Qutang Gorge.
Passes through the 2nd gorge - Wu Gorge.
Shore excursion to Shennong Stream(1:30pm-5:30pm). Optional White Emperor City visit (RMB260 per person).
Sails through the 5-steps Ship locks.
Enjoy views of karst caves, karst formations, ancient tombs, a suspended coffin on the cliff, an old plank path, rapids, springs, three colored springs, waterfalls, deep gorges, sheer cliffs and flocks of swallows as the Shennong Stream rushes past deep gorges. A tributary of Yangtze River, the Shennong Stream is known for its crystal clear and fast flowing waters.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch, Chinese Dinner
Yangtze to Yichang to Shanghai, Flight No. TBA
Destinations & activities: Cruise pier Transfer (Yichang), Airport Transfer (Yichang), Airport Transfer (Shanghai), Three Gorges Dam Site
- Shore excursion to The Three Gorges Dam Site: Arrive in Yichang at 1:00pm. Visit the Three Gorges Dam with a length of 2,335 meters, height of 185 meters, bottom width of 130 meters and top width of 18 meters. Tourists get access to visit the dam’s top to enjoy the beautiful views. This is one of the most ambitious water conservation project in the world and a project that the Chinese have been dreaming about for generations. The dam’s construction began formally in 1994. The construction of the dam was completed in 2009.
Depart Shanghai, Flight not included
Destinations & activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Shanghai)
Hotels and Accommodation
Dates and Prices
Terms & Conditions
- Entrance fees.
- Meals listed in the itinerary.
- Private transfers.
- Private English-speaking guide and driver.
- Hotels listed in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Taxes.
- China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses.
- Any meals that are not mentioned in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
- Price may change during some Chinese festivals.
- Price is subject to change based on exchange rate.
- We accept both on-line payment (by Paypal® and Moneybookers®) and wire transfer.
- A deposit of 10% ot the total cost is required when you confirm your booking.
- For Cancellation Refunds, please click here.
You may also like these tours
Not Satisfied with this tour? Why not make your own tour?
$ 1,529 Per Person
With Private Guide + Driver
Travel Confidently with Us
10,000 Satisfied Customers
50 Years in China Travel Industry
Quick Response within 24 hours
Secured Online Payment
Group Tours with Solo Adventure
No Hidden Fees and No Traps