8-Day Beijing Sights & Yangtze Combo
Destinations: Beijing, Chongqing, Yangtze, Yichang
Tour Type: Private Tour
Tour Code: ct-yz-02s
Overview: Since the ancient times, Beijing has been at the center of China’s culture, government and history. Yangtze is China’s life blood and the cradle for its history. Get amazing insight into China in 8 days with this great tour of both.
Arrive in Beijing, Flight not included
Destinations & activities: Airport Transfer (Beijing), Free CT cell phone package
- A CTcell phone will be delivered by your guide. Only pay call time, no rental: Your CT cell phone free package will include free rental for your SIM card and cell phone along with 30 free minutes, collection and delivery in China. On departure, return the cell phone to the guide. If all your free minutes get used, a standard rate recharge is available. Please Note: The rental phones don’t work in Hong Kong. Free minutes will vary based on call destination.
Note: The advertisement or weather information Chinese text messages on the cell phone cannot be turned off.
Destinations & activities: Tiananmen Square, The Forbidden City, Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, Lizexiang Pearl Store
- Tiananmen Square (50 minutes): Named after Tiananmen, the Gate of Heavenly Peace, located to the north, the Tiananmen Square is the largest city square in the world and the symbol of the country’s national pride. Tiananmen Square has been an icon of cultural significance and an important part of many important events in the history of China. Around the square are various imposing buildings like Chairman Mao’s Mausoleum, government buildings, museums and Heavenly Gate.
- The Forbidden City (2 hours): Visit the beautiful collection of temporary and permanent exhibitions, quarters, courtyards, gardens, side halls, halls and squares in the Imperial Palace which had once housed 24 Emperors from 1420 to 1911.
- Hutong Tour in Xicheng District (1 hour): Explore the unique attraction of Hutong and its narrow alleyways from a rickshaw as you explore the historic alleyways, traditional single storey courtyard houses, visit a local family and walk along the Yinding Bridge.
- Courtyard 7 Restaurant: Located in Nan Luo Guo’s central area, this restaurant features traditional Chinese design with a rustic and antique layout. The restaurant features modern French dishes and allows visitors to explore the unique fusion of western and eastern culture. Take a break from the busy city and enjoy gourmet food in a tranquil haven.
- Lizexiang Pearl Store: Explore the world of freshwater pearls of China, celebrated around the world. You have the unique opportunity to see who the pearls are made, how the seeds are planted in live mussels and how you can spot fake pearls. This outlet is a great place to see a wide variety of items created from pearl oysters and pearls and where you can purchase certified genuine pearls.
Address: No.7.Changqing Yuan,Congwen district,Beijign City.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Courtyard 7 Restaurant
Destinations & activities: The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car), Temple of Heaven, Shahe Cloisonne Factory
- The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car) (2 hours): Get away from the crowds and enjoy the majestic site of the Great Wall from this relatively quiet section located only 2.5 hours from downtown Beijing. Take the cable car to the top of the wall, walk along to see the watch towers and beautiful views of the mountains and hills. Weatherproof clothes and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Temple of Heaven (1.5 hours): Often known as the Altar of Heaven, the Temple of Heaven is a group of Taoist buildings in the Chongwen District of central Beijing. The Temple had been the site of annual ceremonies for Emperors of Qing and Ming Dynasties that visited the location to pray for good harvest.
- Shahe Cloisonne Factory: Visit this exceptional factory to see how the Cloisonne ware or wire inlaid and copper body enamel is created. Visitors will get the chance to observe this elaborate manufacturing process that includes hammering, enamel filling, filigree welding, gliding and surface polishing. This is a great place to find high quality, rare souvenirs.
Address: Dingfu huang zhuang North District Beijing
- Qianmen Quanjude Roast Duck Restaurant: Get a taste of authentic Peking Duck at this legendary restaurant which is the most renowned in Beijing and throughout China. Dating back to the year 1864, this is one of Beijing’s oldest restaurants.
- Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant: Located near the Mutianyu Great Wall, this garden restaurant specializes in salmon, sturgeon, rainbow trout and other farmhouse dishes.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant, Chinese Dinner at Qianmen Quanjude Roast Duck Restaurant
Beijing to Chongqing to Yangtze, Flight No. TBA
Destinations & activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Beijing), Airport Transfer (Chongqing), Goose Neck Park, Ciqikou Old Town, Light Rail Transit Experience, Chongqing Eling Park Three Gorges Museum , Cruise pier Transfer (Chongqing), Board the ship from 5:00pm to 8:00pm and departs Chongqing at 9:00pm.(Dinner is not included)
- Goose Neck Park (1 hour): Relax at this popular local garden where locals come to make music, play Mahjong or enjoy the beautiful views of Chongqing and the river. The park is home to a large range of attractions like a Yangtze painting, former embassies and interesting buildings.
- Ciqikou Old Town (1.5 hours): Explore this partially restored, busy and authentic old area with its narrow streets and old wooden houses. Close to the river you will find a range of establishments, souvenir and craft shops, local snacks and food, music and teahouses.
- Light Rail Transit Experience (1 hour): Experience the fancy and unique travel alternative by travelling through the light rail transit. During the trip you will be able to enjoy beautiful views of Chongqing, the Mountain City and Jialing River.
- Chongqing Eling Park Three Gorges Museum: Located in Eling Park, the Three Gorges Museum focuses on Chinese crafts and paintings. The museum has been a popular place with people from abroad looking for quality, authentic products.
Address: In the Eling Park
- Cai Xiang Yuan Restaurant(Yangjiaping Branch): The restaurant is located near Chongqing Zoo and serves dishes cooked with local ingredients and flavors. It also serves Cantonese dishes.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
Destinations & activities: Welcoming Banquet, Dancing Party, Fengdu Ghost City(8:30-10:30)
- Explore the eerie town of Fengdu, the home of Tianzi- King of Dead and the home of devil according to the ancient Chinese legends. Overlooked by the Ming Shan Hill, this town comprises of empty banks, shops, tower blocks and deserted streets.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch, Chinese Dinner
Destinations & activities: Qutang Gorge, Wu Gorge, Shennong Stream(1:30pm-5:30pm), Crew's Performance
Passes through the 1st gorge--Qutang Gorge.
Passes through the 2cd gorge---Wu Gorge.
Shore excursion to Shennong Stream(1:30pm-5:30pm). Optional White Emperor City visit (RMB260 per person).
Sails through the 5-steps Ship locks.
Enjoy the beautiful views of a Yangtze River tributary, Shennong Stream, with its clear and fast flowing waters as it rushes through various deep gorges. Along the way you will be able to enjoy beautiful views of karst caves, karst formations, ancient tombs, a suspended coffin on the cliff, an old plank path, rapids, springs, three colored springs, waterfalls, deep gorges, sheer cliffs and flocks of swallows.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch, Chinese Dinner
Yangtze to Yichang to Beijing, Flight No. TBA
Destinations & activities: Cruise pier Transfer (Yichang), Airport Transfer (Yichang), Airport Transfer (Beijing), Three Gorges Dam Site
- Shore excursion to The Three Gorges Dam Site:. Arrive in Yichang at 1:00pm. Visit one of the most ambitious water conservation project in the world and a project that the Chinese have been dreaming about for generations. The dam’s construction began formally in 1994. The construction of the dam was completed in 2009 with a length of 2,335 meters, height of 185 meters, bottom width of 130 meters and top width of 18 meters. Tourists get access to visit the dam’s top to enjoy the beautiful views.
Depart Beijing, Flight not included
Destinations & activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Beijing)
Hotels and Accommodation
Dates and Prices
Terms & Conditions
- Entrance fees.
- Meals listed in the itinerary.
- Private transfers.
- Private English-speaking guide and driver.
- Hotels listed in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Taxes.
- China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses.
- Any meals that are not mentioned in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
- Price may change during some Chinese festivals.
- Price is subject to change based on exchange rate.
- We accept both on-line payment (by Paypal® and Moneybookers®) and wire transfer.
- A deposit of 10% ot the total cost is required when you confirm your booking.
- For Cancellation Refunds, please click here.
You may also like these tours
Not Satisfied with this tour? Why not make your own tour?
$ 1,709 Per Person
With Private Guide + Driver
Travel Confidently with Us
10,000 Satisfied Customers
50 Years in China Travel Industry
Quick Response within 24 hours
Secured Online Payment
Group Tours with Solo Adventure
No Hidden Fees and No Traps