Yangtze River Experience with Xi'an and Beijing
10-Day, Hong Kong, Chongqing, Yangtze, Yichang, Xian, Beijing, Private Tour (ct-yz-04s)
Tailor-make Your Trip!
Want to make some changes on this itinerary? Just tell us your dates, your interests and your way. We can tailor-make a trip for you.
Use This Easter Coupon and Get Saved for $50 !
Book any China tour with total amount over 1,000 USD before 30th Apr., 2014 . You can use this provided Easter Coupon (Code: easter50) when submit your inquiry and you'll get saved for $50 USD . (Hotels and flights booking are not included.) >> more details
Day by Day Tour Itinerary
Hong Kong to Chongqing
Destinations & activities: Land transfer
Upon arrival, your Chongqing tour guide will pick you up and transfer you to the pier. Board on the cruise.
Destinations & activities: The Terracotta Warriors and Horses, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, Xian Imperial Fine Arts center
Shore excursion to The Three Gorges Dam Site. Arrive in Yichang at 1:00pm
-The Terracotta Warriors and Horses (2 hours): One of the top attractions of China, The Terracotta Warriors were accidentally discovered in 1974. Guarding the tomb of Emperor Qin since 210 BC, this is a group of more than 7000 chariots, horses, archers and soldiers. Extensive excavation and repair is still carried out in the three protected pits in huge hangars. The location is also home to a quality museum that showcases a film on the vaults’ history. Good walking shoes are recommended. Photos without flash are allowed.
-Big Wild Goose Pagoda (1 hour): This elegant and simple brick Pagoda is an important Buddhist site and is located on the grounds of beautiful Da Ci’en Temple. Built during the 7th century, the pagoda was created to house Buddhist materials brought back from India by Xuanzang on an epic journey. The complex of the temple is also home to many valuable Buddhist murals and statues.
-Xian Imperial Fine Arts center: This fine arts center manufactures lacquer ware and jade carvings. Here you can see how fine quality jade carvings are created.
-A Wa Shan Zhai Restaurant(Qinling Branch): This well known restaurant serves up Sichuan and Hunan cuisine and dishes created from Shanxi ingredients that are popular throughout China.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
Xian to Beijing
Destinations & activities: Xian to Beijing, Flight No. TBA. Shaanxi History Museum, Ancient City Wall, Hotel to airport Transfer (Xian), Airport to Hotel Transfer (Beijing)
-Shaanxi History Museum (1.5 hours): Shaanxi’s history is believed to be China’s history and is the best in China. The museum includes four large galleries that are housed in Tang style buildings. The collection is impressive and beautifully displayed with English labels on most items.
-Ancient City Wall (30 minutes): The Ancient City Wall includes watchtowers, gates, ramparts and walls from the most complete and oldest city defenses that exist today. The wall was originally built during the 13th century on the site of the Tang Forbidden City. Visitors can explore the location on foot, by renting a bike (CNY40/person), electric cart (CNY40/person) or rickshaw (CNY45/ person). The complete circuit is 14 km long and offers beautiful views on each side. If the weather is not ideal for city wall biking, we will substitute it with Bell Tower visit.
-Guohua Restaurant: This restaurant is well known for its Cantonese food and sea food dishes. This nicely decorated establishment has been popular since long with locals.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Guohua Restaurant
Destinations & activities: Temple of Heaven, The Mutianyu Great Wall (with round way cable car), Shahe Cloisonne Factory
-Temple of Heaven (1.5 hours): The Temple of Heaven is a complex in the Chongwen District of Central Beijing and includes several Taoist buildings. In the past, the complex was frequently visited by Emperors from the Qing and Ming Dynasties who came here to perform annual ceremonies to pray for good harvest.
-The Mutianyu Great Wall (with round way cable car) (2 hours): Explore the Great Wall in this less crowded part of the Great Wall 2.5 hours from downtown Beijing. Take a cable car ride up to the wall from where you can walk along and enjoy beautiful views of mountains and hills. Good weather protection clothes and walking shoes are recommended.
-Roasted Duck at Hepingmen: Located close to the Peace Gate, this excellent restaurant was established in the year 1979 and since then it has earned tremendous reputation in China for its excellent Beijing roast duck. The restaurant has its own unique technique and serves up an All-Duck banquet with more than 400 Quanjude dishes with its characteristic flavor.
-Shahe Cloisonne Factory: Learn how high quality and famous Cloisonne ware is created at this factory renowned for its wire inlaid and copper body enamel. The manufacturing process is complicated and elaborate, involving hammering, enamel filling, filigree welding, gliding and surface polishing. It is a great place to find rare, special souvenirs and observe the manufacturing process.
Address: Dingfu huang zhuang North District Beijing
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
Destinations & activities: Tiananmen Square, The Forbidden City, Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, Lizexiang Pearl Store
-Tiananmen Square (50 minutes): Visit the largest city square in the world- Tiananmen Square. Named after the Gate of Heavenly Peace or Tiananmen at its north, this square is of tremendous cultural significance and has been a part of many important events in the history of China. It is a symbol of the national pride and is surrounded by several imposing buildings like Chairman Mao’s Mausoleum, government buildings, Museums and the Heavenly Gate.
-The Forbidden City (2 hours): One of the premier attractions of China, The Forbidden City had housed 24 Emperors from 1420 to 1911. This city within city includes majestic squares, halls, quarters, courtyards, gardens and side halls along with temporary and permanent exhibitions.
-Hutong Tour in Xicheng District (1 hour): Hop in a rickshaw as you explore this maze of narrow alleyways with its traditional single storey courtyard houses. Visit a local family, learn more about different courtyard thresholds and walk along the Silver Ingot Bridge.
-Lizexiang Pearl Store: The freshwater pearls of China are popular throughout the world. Visit this Pearl Store to explore how the pearls are produced with latest technology and learn how to spot fake pearls. The outlet sells a huge range of pearl oyster and pearl items. Watch how the seeds are planted in live mussels. You will have a unique opportunity to purchase genuine pearls with a guarantee.
Address: Address: No.7.Changqing Yuan,Congwen district, Beijign City.
-Traditional Mongolian Restaurant: Located close to the Forbidden City, this authentic restaurant serves northern Chinese dishes inspired by Mongolian cuisine. The third floor has an authentic Mongolian tent or yurt that can be reserved in advanced with an applicable surcharge. Live Mongolian music is sometimes performed.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
Destinations & activities: Summer Palace with boat Cruise & the Garden of Virtue and Harmony, Beijing Olympic Green
- Summer Palace with boat Cruise & the Garden of Virtue and Harmony (2 hours): Located 12 km from the center of the city, the Summer Palace is just as famous as Forbidden City. Known as the Garden of Nurtured Harmony, this is the largest and the best preserved imperial gardens of China and a top Beijing attraction. Visitors can opt for a 10 minute ferry ride on the lake.
- Beijing Olympic Green (1 hour): The Beijing Olympic Green is spread over an area of a massive 1215 hectares and includes Olympic competition avenues, the Olympic Village, exhibition area and National Museum. 31 venues in the location are currently used for Beijing Olympics such as the National Aquatics Center, Bird’s Nest and National Stadium. Visit includes the park but not the Water Cube and Bird’s Nest.
- Beijing Olympic Green (1 hour):
- Beijing Ba guo bu yi Restaurant: The restaurant is located close to Beijing Youth Palace in Xizhimen and is renowned for serving the most authentic and heartiest Sichuan fare in Beijing. The restaurant has traditional Chinese decorations. Some of the dishes served here include twice cooked pork (huiguorou), steamed fish with chili oil sauce, chicken covered with chilies (lazi jiding) and dandan noodles served in a spicy garlic sesame and peanut sauce.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
Destinations & activities: Hotel to The Beijing Olympic Green is spread over an area of a massive 1215 hectares and includes Olympic competition avenues, the Olympic Village, exhibition area and National Museum. 31 venues in the location are currently used for Beijing Olympics such as the National Aquatics Center, Bird’s Nest and National Stadium. Visit includes the park but not the Water Cube and Bird’s Nest. airport Transfer (Beijing)
Terms & Conditions （More...）
- Entrance fees.
- Meals listed in the itinerary.
- Private transfers.
- Private English-speaking guide and driver.
- Hotels listed in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Taxes.
- China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses.
- Any meals that are not mentioned in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
- Price may change during some Chinese festivals.
- Price is subject to change based on exchange rate.
- We accept both on-line payment (by Paypal® and Moneybookers®) and wire transfer.
- A deposit of 10% ot the total cost is required when you confirm your booking.
- For Cancellation Refunds, please click here.
You May Also Like These Tours:
- A comfortable and wonderful journey along the Yangtze River
- See must-visit Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses and Great Wild Goose Pagoda
- A classical historical journey in Beijing including the Great Wall and the Forbidden City
- Have tasty dishes during Sichuan face-changing performances
Feel free to contact us via:
Phone: 86-773-2889566 ( Leon Long )
Fax: +86-773-2827424 or 2885308
Mail Address: Chinatravel.com/CITS Guilin, Binjiang Road No. 11, Guilin, P.R. China, 541002
Travel Confidently with Us
10,000 Satisfied Customers
50 Years in China Travel Industry
Quick Response within 24 hours
Secured Online Payment
Group Tours with Solo Adventure
No Hidden Fees and No Traps