Home > China Facts > China Travel Guide Book > China Visa

China Visa

Last updated by fabiowzgogo at 2016/1/13

Usually, foreigner travelers need Chinese visas when you travel or establish your business in the People's Republic of China. But Chinese nationals abroad can come back to visit their family and travel without visas.

China tourist visa also called L visa has several types depending on the number of entry including single entry, double entry and multiple entry for 6/12/24 months. Foreign travelers usually need Single-entry L Visas to travel in China. A foreign traveler with an L visa is not allowed to do other activities including employment and journalist interviews. You have to apply work visas or business visa to build business or a journalist visa to take part in the journalist interviews.

Chinese Single-entry L Visa
In general, Chinese Single-entry visas are valid for 90 days which begin at the issue date. If the holders of the visas don’t entry China in the valid duration, the visa will be null and void. And foreign travelers can stay 30 days started from the date of entry.

Chinese Double-entry L Visa
Chinese double-entry visas are valid for 180 day started from the date of issue. Foreign travelers need Chinese double-entry visas if they plan to return the mainland from Hong Kong and Macau SAR.

Tibet Travel Permit
Besides, foreign travelers have to get a Tibet Travel Permit if you plan to travel in Tibet. It is easier to obtain a permit by travelling with a foreign group. And tourists can also go to the Tibetan Tourism Bureau to get the permit.

Shenzhen Tourist Visa
People from most countries can get a special visa for Shenzhen Special Economic Zone which last 5 days except the USA, France, Indian, Philippine and Vietnam. The Shenzhen five-day visa is only issued at the Luohu border. Besides, The Shenzhen visa cannot be extended so foreign travelers have to leave Shenzhen when it is expired. During the stay in Shenzhen, travelers can’t go to other cities in the mainland as well.

Visa policy for the British to Hong Kong
When the passport is valid for more than six months, an Englishman is granted for six months in Hong Kong without a visa. When the passport is valid less than six months, a British citizen can only stay another one month after the scheduled stay with a valid passport.

Documents for visa
Passports must be valid for more than six month and also have two blank visa pages because the first empty page in the passport can’t be used in China. Applicants should prepared one recent photo of 2x2 square inches and a visa application form with true and right information of the applicants. Make sure the documents and information are correct, or the visa is easily to refuse.

Tibet Tour & Yangtze River Cruise

Where to apply a visa
Foreigner travelers can apply a visa in person in the visa office of the Chinese embassy or consulate in their own countries. Besides, a travel agent or a visa agent can also help you to deal with the visa in the Embassy or Consulate office.

More information about Visa is in Latest FAQs about China Visa