Last updated by david at 2014-3-23
What kinds of diseases are Tibetan medicines fit for?
Tibetan medicine has its own systemic and complete theory and favorably renowned medicinal resources. Its treatments are effective for numerous diseases, including stroke, hemiplegia, rheumatism, osseous trauma, gynecological diseases, cardiovascular, cerebrovascular diseases, stomach diseases, liver diseases, and gallbladder inflictions.
How to have a successful Tibetan medicated bath treatment
(1) Medicated bath treatments require people to sweat after bathing, which subsequently slowly lower one's strength. Therefore, proper support treatments (such as energy mixtures and amino acids) should be applied accordingly to different parts of the body, which will improve resistance to weakness and serve as a good complementary to the bath treatment.
(2) During the process, nurses provide the patient with professional services, controlling the water temperature to a proper degree (38℃－43℃) and bathing time to a reasonable level (7-15 minutes). Patients should not use their own judgments, such as prolonging the bathing time or increasing the water temperature, if not well versed in the medical background of Tibetan bath treatments. Otherwise, negative effects may result or lead to serious consequences such as shock.
(3) If a patient feels giddy, nauseated, or unsettled in the stomach, immediately call for the medical workers who will then take appropriate measures. In the meantime, stop bathing and lie in bed to have a rest.
(4) Avoid having sex during the process of the bath treatment.
(5) Tibetan bath treatments are not suitable for women who are on their period of menstruation or pregnant.
(6) Conduct your diet in accordance with the doctor's orders: eat more food that is rich in nutrition, protein, and vitamins. Also, patients may choose from a selection of medical meals which Tibetan doctors specially design for their clientele.
(7) Do not touch cold water.
The purpose and usage of rare Tibetan resources
Among the rarest Tibetan medicines, “aweto,” a type of curative fungus, is used to strengthen the kidney, balance the male and female principle, and improve the immune system. It functions as a strong tonic for the human body; just a small drop is said to help with or even cure head wounds, gynecological diseases, rheumatoid arthritis, stroke, altitude stress, and swelling by external application.
Saffron, an elusive spice extracted from a flower, is the most ordinary Tibetan medicine resource. It can be used to address functions related to activating blood circulation, dissipate blood stasis, freeing channels, removing pathogenic heat from blood, and nourishing the blood.
One characteristic, however, is true for the majority of Tibetan medicines: they are typically complex and may consist of 3-4 elements at a minimum up to more than 100 kinds of medicinal materials, with an average of 20 elements. In each prescription, there is a basic core remedy which plays the key role of that medicine. Some medicines must be processed before their utilization to remove or reduce the toxicity and improve curative effects. Therefore, one should be careful to take notice of professional physicians' advice and not simply take tonics at random.
How to distinguish authentic Tibetan medicines from false ones
(1) The most common types of counterfeits: There are 6 types of Tibetan medicines in particular that are commonly and easily faked. They are considered helpful for male genitals and kidneys, prostate diseases, diabetes, rheumatism, weight loss, breast swelling, and such chronic diseases of intestines and intestinal inflictions.
(2) Wild packaging and names: Medicines produced by national authorization mostly have simple casings and appearances rather than distracting colors or packages. Also, their names are never exaggerated. Therefore, those medicines which are labeled with exciting Chinese words such as "wang" (king), "ba" (domination), "shen" (spirit), "ke" (conquer) or "sha" (kill), are almost all sham copies.
(3) Overselling: Generally speaking, medicines that need sales promotions such as symposiums, presentations, or recommendation are often bogus. True medicines sell themselves on the basis of the effectiveness. Furthermore, a similar thing happens when presentation cases are set up in a drugstore, except then only empty boxes are put on the counter and substitutes that are not what customers originally wanted are offered. Finally, those medicines which are boasted as having wizardly efficacy as the outcome of the latest research and are too enthusiastically recommended must be bogus.
(4) Extreme pricing: False medicines are extraordinarily expensive without any exception, going far beyond 70 or 80 Yuan per box. It can be said that 90% of counterfeits are not standard products, and customers should also be wary of items that are too cheap to be true.
(5) Deceiving or inaccurate labels: Products with no label stating "guoyaozhunzi" (national medical authorization) cannot be medicines at all and certainly have no curative effect. As for Tibetan medicines, those with labels of "qingweiyingshizhunzi" and "qingweixinshizhunzi" are absolutely bogus. In addition, false medicines can be spotted if the address of the enterprise is not the same as that of the telephone on the label. Also, be wary of those that are marked without addresses of the producing enterprise but only vague telephone numbers.
(6) Double check: According to the above-mentioned characteristics, official supervisory departments highly suggest that customers take a moment to consider if that type of medicine is necessary. If they are anxious for a cure, buy medicines from normal and reputable drugstores or hospitals to be sure of their authenticity. As for the doubtful medicines, query their characteristics and qualities on the Internet, or turn to a local medical supervisor department for investigation and information.
Topics on Tibetan Medicine:
There are 0 comments on this topic
Most Recommended Topics
Visit Harbin, Yabuli
from USD $ 539
Visit Beijing, Luoyang, Xian, Tianshui, Jiayuguan, Dunhuang, Turpan, Urumqi
from USD $ 2,499
from USD $ 209
Travel Confidently with Us
10,000 Satisfied Customers
50 Years in China Travel Industry
Quick Response within 24 hours
Secured Online Payment
Group Tours with Solo Adventure
No Hidden Fees and No Traps