Tips for Tibetan medicine
Last updated by chinatravel at 2014/4/20
What kinds of diseases are Tibetan medicines fit for?
Tibetan medicine has its own systemic and complete theory and favorably endowed medicine resources. It is effective for numerous diseases, including stroke, hemiplegia, rheumatism, osseous trauma, gynecological diseases, cardiovascular, cerebrovascular diseases, stomach diseases, liver diseases, and gallbladder.
Taboos in Tibetan medicated bath treatmen
(1) The medicated bath treatment requires people to sweat after bath, which will increasingly lower one's strength, therefore, proper supporting treatments (such as energetic mixture and amino acids) should be applied according to different constitutions, which will improve the resistance and serve as a good cooperation to the bath treatment.
(2) During the process, nurses will provide you with professional service, controlling the water temperature to a proper degree (38℃－43℃) and bathing time to a reasonable level (7-15 minutes). Don't use your own judgments, such as prolonging the bathing time or increasing the water temperature at your discretion, which may bring about negative effects or even lead to some serious results such as shock.
(3) If you feel giddy, nauseated or fuggy in stomach, please call the medical workers immediately who will adopt corresponding measures, meanwhile, stop bathing and lie in bed to have a rest.
(4) Avoid sex during the process of the bath treatment.
(5) Women who are during the period of menstruation or pregnancy shouldn't take the bath treatment.
(6) Conduct your diet in accordance with the doctor's orders: eat more food that is rich in nutrition, protein, quantity of heat and vitamins. Also, you may choose the medical meals, which Tibetan doctors specially design for you.
(7) Don't touch cold water.
The purpose and usage of rare Tibetan medicine
Among the rare Tibetan medicine, aweto is used to strengthen the kidney, balance the male and female principle and improve the immunity, functioning as a tonic to human body; snowdrop can cure wounds in head, gynecological diseases, rheumatoid arthritis, stroke, altitude stress and turgescence by external application; saffron is the most ordinary Tibetan medicine, with the functions of activating blood circulation to dissipate blood stasis, freeing channels, removing pathogenic heat from blood and nourishing the blood.
While, instead of adopting single prescription, Tibetan medicines mainly apply complex prescription, which can contains more than 100 kinds of medicine materials at most and only 3-4 materials at lest, with the average number of 20. There is a basic remedy in each prescription, which plays the key role. Some medicines must be processed before their utilization to remove or reduce the toxicity and improve curative effect. Therefore, every sufferer should take notice that Tibet medicines should be taken according to professional physicians' advices, be careful not to take them as tonic at random.
Distinguish true from false
(1) Category: six types of medicines could be easily counterfeited, which have been considered as helpful to male genitals and kidneys, prostate diseases, diabetes, rheumatism, weight-losing, breasts-swelling, and such chronic diseases on intestines and enterons.
(2) Outer packing: medicines produced by national authorization mostly prefer simplicity instead of garishness or stimulation in the appearance styles, besides, their names will never be exaggerated. Those medicines, which are labeled with stimulating Chinese words such as "wang" (king), "ba" (domination), "shen" (spirit), "ke" (conquer) or "sha" (kill), are almost all bogus ones.
(3) Manners of distribution: generally speaking, medicines that need sales promotions such as symposiums, sodalities or recommendation are often bogus. Furthermore, the same thing happens when shoppes are set up in a drugstore, only empty boxes are put on the counter and medicines that are not what the customers originally want are provided. Also, those medicines, which are boasted as having wizardly efficacy, being outcome of the latest research and are recommended mightily to customers, must be bogus.
(4) Prices: the false medicines are extraordinarily expensive without any exception; whose price goes far beyond 70 or 80 Yuan per box. 90 percent of these medicines are not standard products, customers should be careful to be trapped by the common saying that "good things won't be cheap".
(5) Label: Products with no label of "guoyaozhunzi" (national medical authorization) cannot be medicines at all, which certainly have no curative effect. As for Tibetan medicines, those with labels of "Qingweiyingshizhunzi" and "Qingweixinshizhunzi" are absolutely bogus. In addition, if the address of the enterprise is not the same as that of the telephone on the label of the medicines, the medicines must be false, and so do the medicines that are marked without addresses of the producing enterprise but only the telephone numbers.
(6) According to the above-mentioned characteristics, official supervisory department reminds customers that they should stop to think over if necessary even if they are anxious for cure, buy Tibetan medicines from normal drugstores or hospitals through regular ways, and as for the doubtful medicines, they can query on internet, or turn to the local medical supervisor departments for investigation and information.
Most Recommended Topics
Visit Harbin, Yabuli
from USD $ 539
from USD $ 209
Visit Beijing, Shanghai
from USD $ 279
Travel Confidently with Us
10,000 Satisfied Customers
50 Years in China Travel Industry
Quick Response within 24 hours
Secured Online Payment
Group Tours with Solo Adventure
No Hidden Fees and No Traps