Kristine's Feedback on 10 Days Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Hong Kong Tour
Contribute by Kristine from Australia; Tour date: 8/19/2012
- What was the most memorable attraction(s) on the itinerary? Walking the Great Wall at Mutianyu (including the cable car and tobaggan ride) / Seeing a panda at Beijing Zoo / Tiananmen Square / Guangzhou Fish Market & street markets with fish/reptiles/birds / Jade Buddha temple Shanghai.
- Who was the most outstanding tour guide? Why? Arthur - in Beijing. Arthur was a friendly, funny and well informed guide. Arthur chose to swap days around on our itinerary as he predicted that our 2nd day in Beijing would prove to have beautiful weather for our walk on the Great Wall - and he was right. Arthur went above and beyond the call of duty. He spent a huge amount of overtime ensuring we got the most out of our 3 days in Beijing so we did not miss a thing. If we wanted to do anything it wasn't any trouble - he secured us tickets for evening shows and was always there to make sure we were seated and then he met us after the shows to take us back to the hotel. He also assisted us with our meal choices and made sure everything with the restaurants ran smoothly. He was always suggesting the best photo opportunities as well - he has a real skill in getting fabulous shots. Overall my husband and I thought he was outstanding - probably one of the best guides we have ever had. Well done Arthur!!
- Did the drivers provide a safe, comfortable experience? Yes - most of the time. I would suggest that the tour guides introduce the drivers to us on first meeting though so we can greet them by name. I would also suggest that all of the drivers always have regular provisions of water. Both the drivers in Beijing and Hong Kong did this but the other drivers/guides not so much.
- Were the hotels & meals up to standard? Which did you enjoy most? Yes. They were all similarly comfortable. We had a problem with our laundry in Shanghai at The Bund Hotel but that was sorted out. The breakfast at the Sunworld Hotel Beijing was probably the best with most variety. My other suggestion would be that the hotels in Guangzhou and Hong Kong should replenish the free bottles of water when the rooms are serviced each day. From a location perspective all of the hotels were quite good. Beijing was probably the best situated to do some walking and sight seeing followed by Hong Kong & Shanghai. The regular bus service from the Harbour Plaza at the Metropolis to Nathan Road shops is excellent.
- Were the food, service and ships' facilities on the Yangtze River cruise satisfactory? Do you have any suggestions for the passengers in the future? Did not do this cruise.
- We are trying to add extra WOW factor to our tours. Was there anything on you tour (big or small) that made you go “WOW!”? First impressions count so pretty much everything in Beijing had a WOW factor on Days 1, 2 & 3. The acrobatic show in Beijing is also quite impressive. And the busy traffic pedestrian and vehicles is a real eye opener.
- Do you have any comments about your time in China, and do you have any special suggestions you'd like to pass on to other travelers?
- Would you recommend our company to your friends? Absolutely
- Was the Mobile or Wi-Fi rental convenient? How can it improve? We did not use the mobile but it was nice to know it was there as a security option.
- Can we publish your reviews online to benefit other travellers? Yes
Only your first name & nationality is shown. E.g. Bob from USA
- Do you have any nice photos we could consider publishing? Yes. I will send them in a separate email.
Is this feedback helpful for you?
Kristine's Tour Reviews
Attitude & Services: Arthur has exceeded our expectations as a tour guide.He was fantastic nothing has been too much trouble.
Service: clothing damaged by laundry did not tell us
Room Comfort: more soap needed inrooms tea bags more toilet paper
Room Comfort: hair dryer did not work.
Travel Advisor of This Tour
" Hi, this is Sammi from China Travel. I had been working as a travel advisor for over 3 years now. During this period, I had traveled a lot in China. It is really a pleasure to give out suggestions to my clients and help to make their trip to China a better experience... "
- 10 Days Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Hong Kong Tour
- Tracking Code: SA120709005
- Customers: Mr. Kristine
- Group Size: 2 people
- Nationality: Australia
- Duration: 10 days
- Tour Date: 8/19/2012
Travel Confidently with Us
10,000 Satisfied Customers
50 Years in China Travel Industry
Quick Response within 24 hours
Secured Online Payment
Group Tours with Solo Adventure
No Hidden Fees and No Traps