You are at : Home > 60th Anniversary of P.R.C
60th Anniversary of P.R.C
About China National Day
October 1st is the anniversary of the founding of the People's Republic of China in 1949 and celebrated as China’s National Holiday. An important occasion, the holiday is celebrated all of the People’s Republic of China. Since the National Party Plenum meeting in May 1999, Chinese people have been guaranteed a week off during the holiday, turning the holiday into both a patriotic and economic fixture of the Autumn season. In folk parlance, National Day is referred to as one of the “Golden Weeks”, of the year, the other one being the week during the Chinese Lunar New Year.
Symbols of China
- National Flag: The national flag of China is red and rectangular. The proportion between its length and height is 3:2. There are five yellow stars on the upper-left. The larger one is circled by the other four smaller ones on its right.
- National Anthem :The national anthem of China is March of the Volunteers.
- National Emblem :The national emblem of China comprises of Tiananmen Gatetower which is under five stars, encircled by ears of grain and with a gear wheel below.
- National Flower:Tree Peony is regarded as the national flower of China.
- National Treasure: Giant Panda is regarded as the national treasure of China.
Celebrations for The 60th Anniversary of P.R.C.
The 60th Anniversary of P.R.C. is a grand occasion for the Chinese nation and will be celebrated all over the country. There will be great celebrations in big cities such as Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong. In Beijing, there will be the Grand National Day Parade, followed by mass pageant and Firework Display. In Shanghai, the National Day Concert will present brilliant performance of China’s musical masterpieces. The sound and light extravaganza and firework will light up the sky above the Victoria Harbor, Hong Kong.
China Travel Essentials
When to go: Most parts of China are located in temperate zones. Areas in the south lie in tropical and sub-tropical zones, while those in the north are close to cold temperate zones.
Getting around: Be informed about China's standard transportation conditions. Find out how to take a taxi and the procedure for taking train in China.
China Shopping: Shopping in China can be an art to be learned.
China Airline Baggage Allowance: Details on Luggage allowance regulations for airlines.
Travel Insurance: We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance that will cover any overseas medical costs. Ensure that you insurance covers you for the whole time you will be away and confirm what is included in the policy.