Canton Fair Tips and FAQs
- 1. Should I get registered before visiting the Fair?
- 2. What documents are required for registration?
- 3. What is a "PVC" Bar-code Card?
- 4. Where are the Fair's Visitors' Registration Office for registration?
- 5. Can I attend the Canton Fair?
- 6. Can I apply an invitation online?
- 7. Could an overseas businessperson visit the Canton fair without an Invitation?
- 8. Do I need to get a China Visa if I am a invitation card holder?
- 9. Canton Fair Visiting Tips
1. Should I get registered before visiting the Fair?
The Canton Fair visitors should get registered before they visit the Fair, and have their Visitor Cards stamped and confirmed upon registration. Access to the Fair is granted only to those with confirmed Visitor Cards. Kindly note that Chinese exhibitors may refuse to negotiate with someone without a Visitor Card.
Documents Required for Invitation Card Holders
Documents Required for Holders of "PVC" Bar-code Card
- Personal "PVC" Bar-code Card and invitation card extended by the Fair.
- Personal papers (Overseas Passport, H.K./Macau I.D. Card or Residence Permit, Taiwan Compatriot Travel Certificate)
Documents Required for Non-holders of Invitation Card
- Personal Papers (Overseas Passport, H.K./Macau I.D. Card or Residence Permit, Taiwan Compatriot Travel Certificate, or a Chinese Passport with at least one year foreign visa)
- A Completed Registration Form filled in by Visitor
- A most recent passport photo (5CM×4CM)
Registration of Local Representatives
Local Representatives in foreign companies' representative office in China are requested to present the following documents at registration:
- Invitation Card (extended by the Fair)
- Valid Employee Certificate (extended by Administration for Industry & Commerce)
- The Employee's I.D. Card
- Business Card
- A most recent passport photo (5cm×4cm)
Visitors could apply to Solid Channel Co. (H.K.) for PVC Visitor Card in the period from September 3 to September 29.
Add: 3106-3107, OfficeTower, ConventionPlaza, 1 Harbour Rd., Wanchai, Hong Kong
Tel: 852-28771866, 28771318 Fax:852-28383169
This Card made of PVC material, with an identifying Card number, is valid for multiple Sessions. Access to the Fair is granted only to those with a new confirmation to this Card.
- This card is multiple and valid for different sessions.
- Dates of the Fair:
Spring Fair: April 15th~30th, Autumn Fair: Oct. 15th-30th
- Remember to bring along this card every time you visit the Fair, for it is required to have your registration upon your arrival.
- Not transferable, this card does not serve as an Identification of Exhibitor. Violations will cause the confiscation of this card. Kindly keep it safe.
Gate No.1 of the Fair
Complex,117LiuHua Rd., Guangzhou
The Garden Hotel
368 Huanshi Dong Rd., Guangzhou
Tel: 86-20-83338989 Ext. Registration Desk
New Mainland Hotel
108-122 Zhangqian Rd., Guangzhou
Tel: 86-20-86678638 Ext. Registration Desk
367 Huanshi Dong Rd.,Guangzhou
Tel:86-20-83333998 Ext. Registration Desk
Haizhu Square, Guangzhou
Tel:86-20-83338168 Ext. Registration Desk
White Swan Hotel
Shamian Island Guangzhou
Tel: 86-20-81886968 Ext. Registration Desk
Hotel Landmark Canton
8 Qiaoguang Road, Guangzhou
Tel:86-20-83355988 Ext. Registration Desk
Invitation is for the invited overseas business people only. One Invitation Card can be shared by three visitors from the same company. Invitation can be applied for to one of the following organizations before March 30 ( Spring Fair ) and September 30 (Autumn Fair).
1. The Economic & Commercial Counselor's Office of the Embassy (Consulate) of P.R.China
2. The Chinese foreign trade corporations (enterprises) with whom you are business-related
3. Solid Channel Co. (H.K.) CECF Invitation Office (for companies in H.K. recorded at the fair only)
Add: 3106-3107, OfficeTower, ConventionPlaza, 1Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Tel: 852-28771866, 28771318
4. China Travel Service (Hong Kong) Ltd. and its overseas branches (for those who used to get INVITATION CARDS from CTS or new visitors to CECF)
5. Macau Chamber of Commerce (for business people in Macau only)
Add: Rua de Xandai, 175, Edf. ACM., 5 andar, Macau
6. The Taipei Liaison Office of "The Chinese Commercial and Industrial Coordination Society" (for business people in Taiwan Region)
7. The Association for the Promotion of International Trade, Japan
Add: Toranomon, 10th Mori Bldg, 1-18-1 Toranomon, Minato-Ku, Tokyo, Japan
8. The Local Representative Offices of China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT)
Add, Tel & Fax No.: Please make inquiries locally.
9. China Machinery & Electronic Products Exhibition Center in U.A.E.
10. Hang Fang Fair & Trade Co., Ltd. in Canada
Add: 1212-409 Granville Street, Vancouver, B. C. V6C 1 T2, Canada
Overseas visitors could receive the Invitation Card for Canton Fair online.
Chinese Representatives in foreign companies' representative offices in China are requested to apply to Foreign Liaison Department of the China Foreign Trade Center for Invitation Card by presenting such documents as Business Certificate, Employee Certificate and ID Card before August 15. One Invitation is valid for only one employee.
Yes, but the person has to pay RMB110 or HKD100 service charge when you arrive in Guangzhou, which is valid for 12 days.
Entry visa to Guangzhou is granted against the Invitation Card extended by the Trade Fair. For this purpose, kindly approach the Embassy of P.R. China with the Invitation Card. Here are four more options:
- In case of the absence of a Chinese Embassy in your country, kindly approach the Embassy of P. R. China in a neighboring country.
- Visa Section , Office of the Commissioner of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of PRC in the Hong Kong SAR.
Add: 7th Floor, Lower Block, China Resources Building, 26 Harbour Road, Wanchai District, Hong Kong SAR
Tel: 852-3413 2424
Fax: 852-3413 2312
- Fair visitors can also entrust the visa application to China Travel Service (Hong Kong) Ltd.
Add: 1/F., Alpha House, 27-33 Nathan Rd., Kowloon, Hong Kong
Tel: 852-2315 7150
Fax: 852-2315 7292
- During the Fair, visitors who leave Mainland China and want to come back to Guangzhou may apply for re-entry visa to the Visa Section for Aliens of the Commissioner mentioned in Item 2 or Division of Aliens and Exit-Entry Administration of Guangzhou Municipal Public Security Bureau (Add: No.155 Jie Fang Nan Road, Guangzhou.)
Directory of Chinese Export Commodities Fair's Exhibitors
Visitors may receive a free Directory of Chinese Export Commodities Fair's Exhibitors with the invitation card at Pearl Promenade opposite to Hall 25, CECF (Pazhou) Complex.
The Canton Fair provides interpreters of different languages including English, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Russian and Arabic. For interpretation service, kindly contact our Registration Office during the Fair or contact Foreign Liaison Department in advance.
E-commerce Centers provide Internet service at:
Canton Fair (Pazhou) Complex: Counter 1-2 on Pearl Promenade of Hall 23, Counter 3-4 on Pearl Promenade of Hall 23, E-Commerce Center of Hall 21, E-Commerce Center of Hall 23, E-Commerce Center of Hall 25, E-Commerce Center of Hall 27, E-Commerce Center on the Second Floor of Hall 24.
Visitors could find the exhibitors' information by SCAN, Directory of Chinese Export Commodities Fair's Exhibitors, Chinese Export Commodities Fair CD-Rom, or Canton Fair Website.
Tips for Security
No smoking in exhibition halls. The Canton Fair set up several smoking areas for you.
Please take good care of your property. If you lose something, please get contact with Security Section of CECF Security Office. Your cooperation is appreciated.
Location: Room 05, 1/F, Hall 23, CECF Pazhou Complex.
If any problems about security, please refer to CECF Security Office for help.
Pazhou Complex: 86-20-89131203
Tailor-make a Guangzhou Trip for You
Wanna take a trip to Guangzhou and its around? China Travel can tailor-make a Guangzhou tour for you based on your needs and requirements which can save your time, money, and trouble. Please feel free to tell us your tour ideas! >> Tailor-make Now!
Recommended Guangzhou and China Tours:
6-Day Tibet Discovery Tour from Hong Kong
from USD $ 1,359
13-Day Kungfu Discovery Tour
from USD $ 499
8-Day Essence of China Group Tour
from USD $ 1,259