Xishuangbanna Virgin Forest Park
The Xishuangbanna Virgin Forest Park is located in Xishuangbanna, Yunnan, China. This virgin forest park is protected by the government, and contains beautiful landscape that is a sight to behold.
The park consists of about ten zones and fifty areas of significant sites. There are also several dwelling areas that show the cultural living patterns of several native groups in the area. Aside from these, there are areas where peacocks and monkeys are bred.
Here’s a list of several important areas to see during the visit:
• Peacock Reproduction Site - Peacocks are bred on this site and here you can spend time viewing them. You can also visit the Peacock Park of Great China where you can see the peacock dance performed by the local Dai people.
• Monkey Domestication Site - Here you can see monkeys, which have been domesticated, and witness their daily lives.
• Garden Of Ethnic Cultures - Another attraction in the area is the Garden Of Ethnic Cultures; this is a good representation of the different ethnic cultures in this area. There are about ten minor tribes represented – Dai, Hani, Bulang, Jinuo, Lahu, Wa, and Yao. The Dai people are said to compose the largest group.
• Native Dwellings - You can also visit the native dwellings in the area. Here, you get to witness the daily activities of each native group. You see the typical habitats of these natives as well as the different utensils and implements unique to each native group.
• Natural Place - You can also view the natural places in the area. Included in these are several places that have been named by the people who have lived here. You are also given the chance to witness national traditions and customs that are re-enacted on specific days.
• Variety of Indigenous Species - The most astounding feature of the whole park is the presence of different animals and animal species indigenous to the area. Aside from peacocks and monkeys, you can see several other species such as pangolins, lizards, black bears, and pythons.
• Variety of Indigenous Plants - The Park also contains many different indigenous plants of the area, which will captivate the attention of any biologist.
Visiting the park will give you an idea of how life is in that specific area of China. By visiting here, you can get an idea of what life is like for the typical native Chinese people. You can see the various customs and traditions, considered national treasures that are deeply ingrained in the consciousness of both the ancient and the modern-day Chinese people. Not only that; the park also gives you an idea of the different flora and fauna that are part of the treasures of China.
If you want to visit Xishuangbanna Virgin Forest Park, China Travel can tailor-make a tour including Xishuangbanna Virgin Forest Park , which can save your time, money, and trouble. Please feel free to tell us your tour ideas!