About Blue Whale
- Cruise Class: 5-star
- Maiden Voyage: 1995
- Last Renovated: 2010
- Accommodates: 208
- Length in m(ft): 96.5(300)
- Width in m(ft): 16.4(54)
Blue Whale cruise is a great choice to explore magnificent sceneries along the Yangtze River. As a 5-star vessel, it offers an extremely comfortable and luxurious journey from Chongqing to Yichang in Hubei Province, a trip which covers the essence of the Yangtze River.
Decorated luxuriously and elegantly, Blue Whale is a vessel of Yangtze Oversea Company. Renovated in 2010, it is one of the most luxurious and comfortable cruises among the Yangtze Cruises. All the cabins are air-conditioned with private balconies to offer a cozy journey.
Ship specification: The ship is 91.5 meters long and 16.5 meters wide. With 5 stories, it has a total of 106 cabins, consisting of Presidential Suite, Deluxe Suite and Standard Cabins. The vessel can accommodate a total of 212 passengers.
Due to its high-quality service, it has serviced the Chinese Leader and international important officials for many times. The ship is widely known as the “Ambassador Cruise”. Blue Whale’s tasty Western food and Chinese food such as Sichuan cuisine and Suzhou cuisine are highlights of the cruise.
Besides, Blue Whale is still suitable for business conferences and activities. Business Center with fax machines and the Executive Lobby are available on the ship. There isn’t Internet in the cabins, but guests can go to Internet cafes to surf on the Internet, which costs 60 CNY per hour.
The ship is well equipped with recreational facilities such as a beauty salon, bar, sauna room, library, gym, library and KTV. And passengers can also take part of numerous Chinese activities including studying traditional tai chi, making dumplings, learning Chinese paintings and hearing lectures about the Three Gorges and Chinese culture.
The ship provides passengers with a safe and convenient journey along the Yangtze River. Each cabin on Blue Whale has good entertainment media like satellite TV and radio systems of BBC and HBO.
A service charge on Blue Whale between Chongqing and Yichang is 24 USD/150 CNY per person. Passengers can pay for the service fee when boarding the ship. Alternatively, China Travel can deal with the payment and itemize it on your travel quotation.
- Service Desk with Safety Deposit
- Beauty Salon
- Health Clinic
- Children's Playroom
- Sun Deck
- Observation Decks - outside
- Observations Decks - enclosed
- Business Center: Internet, Fax, Coping, Printing, International Telecom
- Conference Hall
- Meeting Rooms
- Multipurpose Rooms
- Card Room
- Games Room
- Smoking Room
- Live entertainment
- Dancing / Disco
- Dining Rooms –Chinese and western
- Banquet Hall
- Bar / Cafe
- Central Air conditioning
- Balcony Cabin
Dates and Prices
Downstream: Chongqing > Yichang (4 days) Upstream: Yichang > Chongqing (5 days)
Terms & Conditions
- Transportation: Land excursions as listed in the itinerary.
- Luggage transfer: Luggage transfer between the cruise and terminal.
- Meals: Daily meals including breakfast, lunch and dinner on the ship.
- Accommodation: Morning cruise departures include one night’s accommodation before departure (Except for Victoria sailing from Chongqing to Shanghai). A berth in the cabin as specified in the itinerary.
- Service charges and government taxes.
- Transportation: Transportation between the terminal and the airport / hotel.
- Personal expenses: Laundry, fax, telephone calls, international access, food and drinks not included in the listed meals, optional land excursions and other expenses of a personal nature.
- Single room supplement.
- Yangtze River Cruise operators have different pricing standards based on passenger’s nationalities. Please ask our travel advisors for more price details if not specified in our price table.
- Cancellation received from 7 to 13 days before departure: We will charge the full cost of Yangtze River Cruise.
- Cancellation received from 14 to 30 days before the departure: We will refund the full cost of Yangtze River Cruise.
- No-show travelers will be charged 100% of the full cost of Yangtze River Cruise.
Top 5-star Cruises Recommendations:
Downstream (4-day): Chongqing - Yichang
Upstream (5-day): Yichang - Chongqing
Yangtze Cruise Travel Tips
Tipping Special Note:The Blue Whale have introduced a $23/RMB150 per person service charge for the passengers who come from Southeast Asia. The service charge is payable at the time of boarding. Passengers from other countries can choose to pay the service fee at the end of the cruise.Customer request a specific cabin need an additional fee (RMB100-RMB300) based on the floor of ship.
When is the best time to visit Yangtze?
Winter is a good season to travel because of its lower prices and it is less crowded. In addition, scenery at the Three Gorges (the most impressive section of the Yangtze River) is more breathtaking because of the much lower water level.
Tour Tailoring Suggestions:
1. Add a day tour in Beijing in day 6.
2. Extension your tour to Hong Kong.
If you need to make these changes just tell us in the form below:
Feel free to contact us via:
Phone: 86-773-2889566 ( Leon Long )
Fax: +86-773-2827424 or 2885308
Mail Address: Chinatravel.com/CITS Guilin, Binjiang Road No. 11, Guilin, P.R. China, 541002
Travel Confidently with Us
10,000 Satisfied Customers
50 Years in China Travel Industry
Quick Response within 24 hours
Secured Online Payment
Group Tours with Solo Adventure
No Hidden Fees and No Traps