About Yangzi Explorer
- Cruise Class: 5-star
- Maiden Voyage: 1994
- Last Renovated: 2008
- Accommodates: 124
- Length in m(ft): 91.5(300)
- Width in m(ft): 16.4(54)
As a great choice in the Yangtze cruises, Yangtze Explorer offers a comfortable and luxurious journey along the magnificent Yangtze River. The ship runs between Chongqing and Yichang in Hubei Province, which is a classic trip of the Yangtze River.
Renovated in 2008, the vessel is decorated luxuriously an elegantly. It is a member of Eastern Royal Tourism Company. With independent private balconies, the cabins in Yangtze Explorer are fully equipped with air conditions.
Ship specification: The vessel is 91.5 meters long and 16.4 meters wide. It has 62 cabins including 1 Emperor Suite, 1 Deluxe Suite, 38 Deluxe Veranda Cabins and 20 standard Cabins. With 5 decks, Yangtze Explorer can accommodate a total of 124 guests.
There are 121 well-trained staff including some multi-language workers on the ship. Different from other Yangtze River vessels, it boasts its spacious public area for passengers. In order to offer more space, the number of passengers isn’t more than 120.
There are well-equipped business facilities such as business center and the Executive Lobby. Fax machines are Internet access are available there. Yangtze Explorer is a good choice for business conferences and other commercial activities.
Besides, high quality workers provide passengers with excellent services. Local Chinese food and Western food are recommended on the Yangtze Explorer, especially the food in Yushan Hall made by the Austria chef. There isn’t wifi in all the cabins but passengers can go to Internet café with a charge of 80 CNY per hour. Each cabin has entertainment media including satellite TV, BBC and HBO. With advanced safety systems, it offers a safe and unforgettable journey on the Yangtze River.
Entertainment facilities consist of a beauty salon, massage room, library, bar, cinema room, gym and shops. A lot of recreational activities are held on the ship such as playing mahjong, making dumplings, exercising traditional Chinese tai chi and hearing some lectures about the Three Gorges and Chinese culture.
A service charge on Yangtze Explorer between Chongqing and Yichang is 24 USD/ 150 CNY per person. Passengers can pay for the service fee when boarding the ship. Alternatively, China Travel can help you to deal with the payment and itemize it on your travel quotation.
- Service Desk with Safety Deposit
- Beauty Salon
- Health Clinic
- Children's Playroom
- Observation Decks - outside
- Observations Decks - enclosed
- Conference Hall
- Meeting Rooms
- Multipurpose Rooms
- Card Room
- Games Room
- Smoking Room
- Live entertainment
- Dining Rooms –Chinese and western
- Banquet Hall
- Bar / Cafe
- Central Air conditioning
- Balcony Cabin
Dates and Prices
Downstream: Chongqing > Yichang (4 days) Upstream: Yichang > Chongqing (5 days)
Terms & Conditions
- Transportation: Land excursions as listed in the itinerary.
- Luggage transfer: Luggage transfer between the cruise and terminal.
- Meals: Daily meals including breakfast, lunch and dinner on the ship.
- Accommodation: Morning cruise departures include one night’s accommodation before departure (Except for Victoria sailing from Chongqing to Shanghai). A berth in the cabin as specified in the itinerary.
- Service charges and government taxes.
- Transportation: Transportation between the terminal and the airport / hotel.
- Personal expenses: Laundry, fax, telephone calls, international access, food and drinks not included in the listed meals, optional land excursions and other expenses of a personal nature.
- Single room supplement.
- Yangtze River Cruise operators have different pricing standards based on passenger’s nationalities. Please ask our travel advisors for more price details if not specified in our price table.
- Cancellation received from 7 to 13 days before departure: We will charge the full cost of Yangtze River Cruise.
- Cancellation received from 14 to 30 days before the departure: We will refund the full cost of Yangtze River Cruise.
- No-show travelers will be charged 100% of the full cost of Yangtze River Cruise.
Top 5-star Cruises Recommendations:
Yangtze Explorer boasts the largest standard cabins on the Yangtze River.Each identical deluxe cabin features floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors opening to a private exterior balcony.
>> View details for this cruise
Downstream (4-day): Chongqing - Yichang
Upstream (5-day): Yichang - Chongqing
Yangtze Cruise Travel Tips
Extra Service Fee: The Yangzi Explorer have introduced a 200 yuan (US$32) per person “extra service fee” last year, in response to rising costs. The service charge may be required at the time of boarding or may be optional (like a tip) at the end of the cruise. Customers are advised to prepare an extra 200 yuan in case it is required. This cost can not be included in the cruise price due to its variable implementation.
When is the best time to visit Yangtze?
Winter is a good season to travel because of its lower prices and it is less crowded. In addition, scenery at the Three Gorges (the most impressive section of the Yangtze River) is more breathtaking because of the much lower water level.
Tour Tailoring Suggestions:
1. Add a day tour in Beijing in day 6.
2. Extension your tour to Hong Kong.
If you need to make these changes just tell us in the form below:
Feel free to contact us via:
Phone: 86-773-2889566 ( Leon Long )
Fax: +86-773-2827424 or 2885308
Mail Address: Chinatravel.com/CITS Guilin, Binjiang Road No. 11, Guilin, P.R. China, 541002
Travel Confidently with Us
10,000 Satisfied Customers
50 Years in China Travel Industry
Quick Response within 24 hours
Secured Online Payment
Group Tours with Solo Adventure
No Hidden Fees and No Traps