Being one of the top destinations, Beijing has plenty of accommodation. Where is the best place to stay in Beijing? The vast majority of the hotels in Beijing are in 10 neighborhoods, from which you can choose the most suitable one to stay for sightseeing, families, nightlife, shopping, business, budget, and layovers.
For Different Types of Travelers
Everyone has his or her own needs when choosing a place to stay. Here is a simple list of recommendations for different types of travelers to stay in Beijing:
||Where to Stay
||City center around Tiananmen Square
||Easy access to Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, Jingshan Park, Qianmen Street, and Wangfujing Street
|Families with Children
||Hutongs area, Chaoyang Park, Olympic Park, Zhongguancun area
||More green space and better air quality
||China World Trade Center and business hotels
|Revelers & Night Owls
||Sanlitun, Houhai area in the hutongs
||Bars for nightlife
||Capital Airport area
||The best for stopover and transit travelers
||Nearby the railway stations
||Cheap costs, convenient for traveling by train
||Near the Great Wall
||Avoiding the crowds and hassle of getting there
- Feel free to contact us if you have other needs. Our trip advisors will help you find out the perfect place.
1. Central Area around Tiananmen Square
The area around Tiananmen Square is the central location of the city. It is the most popular neighborhood especially for first-time visitors. Staying here makes it easy to visit Tiananmen Square, National Museum of China, the Forbidden City, or Jingshan Parkm, as well as go shopping at Wangfujing Street and Qianmen Street.
Recommended Hotels around Tiananmen Square:
- The Peninsula Beijing and Hilton Beijing Wangfujing (5-star, 130-210 USD)
- Holiday Inn Express and Novotel Beijing Peace (3-4 stars, 60-100 USD)
- Budget guesthouse (≤2 stars, 30-50 USD)
2. Hutongs Area
Hutongs are narrow alleys of old Beijing. associated with traditional courtyard dwellings, the hutongs area comprises dozens of history-filled residential neighborhoods. So it is the perfect place for culture lovers who would love to explore folk history and experience local life of Beijing.
Since the courtyard hostels cost less, it is also a good place to stay for people on a budget. What’s more, it provides easy accesses to Houhai Bar Street, where you can enjoy late nightlife.
Recommended Hotels in the Hutongs Area
- Beijing Ruyuan Courtyard (5-star, 100-170 USD)
- Jingshan Garden Hotel (3-4 stars, 50-80 USD)
- Budget guesthouse (≤2 stars, 30-40 USD)
3. Sanlitun Area
Sanlitun & Worker’s Stadium area is the best choice for revelers, night owls and shopaholics. Sanlitun provides the best bars and clubs to enjoy a wonderful night out, and large contemporary shopping malls to go on a crazy shopping spree.
In addition, concerts and sporting events are held from time to time in the nearby Worker’s Stadium. Close to embassies, it is also an expat hub with lots of hotels.
Recommended Hotels in Sanlitun Area
- InterContinental Beijing Sanlitun (5-star, 130-250 USD)
- Atour Hotel Olympic Sports Center (3-4 stars, 70-100 USD)
- Budget guesthouse (≤2 stars, 50-70 USD)
4. CBD Area
For business travelers, the CBD area is the best location to stay. It is the most prosperous neighborhood in Beijing, where gathers the China World Trade Center (Guomao), Wanda Plaza, and the CMG Headquarters.
The transportation is very convenient here and you can find a lot of new high-end hotels and business hotels.
Recommended Hotels in the CBD Area
- Kerry Hotel, Beijing and Jianguo Hotel Beijing (5-star, 130-250 USD)
- Qiu Guo Hotel Huamao (3-4 stars, 70-100 USD)
- Budget guesthouse (≤2 stars, 50-70 USD)
5. Chaoyang Park
Chaoyang Park area is the best choice for families with children for the reason that being the largest park in Beijing, the place has miles of green space and kid-friendly surroundings- lakes, gardens, and a fairground with a roller coaster.
It is also a good choice for budget travelers. The weakness of staying here is that it is isolated from historic sights and you’ll need to spend more time in subway journeys.
Recommended Hotels near Chaoyang Park
- Four Seasons Hotel Beijing (5-star, 100-200 USD)
- Home Inn (3-4 stars, 60-90 USD)
- Budget guesthouse (≤2 stars, 40-60 USD)
6. Olympic Park
Beijing Olympic Park consists of the main venues of the 2008 Summer Olympics, which will be used again for the 2022 Winter Olympics. The large green space makes the place relaxing and full of fresh air.
Besides enjoying the best air quality in town, there are fabulous night views of the lit-up Bird's Nest and Water Cube. Therefore, it is another nice neighborhood for families to stay.
Recommended Hotels around Olympic Park
- Crowne Plaza Beijing Sun Palace (5-star, 90-300 USD)
- Holiday Inn Beijing (3-4 stars, 70-90 USD)
- Budget guesthouse (≤2 stars, 50 USD)
7. Zhonguancun Area
Zhongguancun is a recommended area to stay for families with kids and travelers on a budget. It is known as “China’s Silicon Valley” and Beijing’s university neighborhood. Many universities like Peking University and Tsinghua University are in here.
Its convenient transportation makes it easy to get to the nearby attractions like the Summer Palace and the Old Summer Palace.
Recommended Hotels in Zhongguancun Area
- Tylfull Hotel (5-star, 80-130 USD)
- Holiday Inn Beijing (3-4 stars, 50-70 USD)
- Budget guesthouse (≤2 stars, 30 USD)
8. Capital Airport Area
Beijing Capital International Airport is one of the most important points for foreign travelers to enter into China. It takes about 1 hour by taxi and 1.5 hours by the Airport Express Line to get to/from the downtown area.
To save time, it is the simplest solution for layover and transit visitors to stay at the airport.
Recommended Hotels in Capital Airport Area
- Cordis, Beijing Capital Airport (5-star, 145-190 USD)
- CITIC Hotel Beijing Airport (4-star, 70-100 USD)
- Ibis Styles Beijing Capital Airport (3-star, 50-70 USD)
9. Nearby the Railway Stations
Staying in the hotels near the railway stations in Beijing is the best solution for budget travelers and train travelers. It costs less in accommodation and is convenient for arriving or leaving by train.
- Beijing South Railway Station provides bullet trains traveling to eastern coastal areas like Tianjin, Shanghai and Hangzhou.
- Beijing Railway Station has international trains leading to North Korea, Mongolia and Russia.
- Beijing West Railway Station is better for travelers heading west to Tibet, Xi’an, Chengdu, and south to Guangzhou, Hong Kong.
Recommended Hotels nearby the Railway Stations
- Beijing South Railway Station: Jingjiang Inn Beijing Guang’anmen (budget hotel)
- Beijing Railway Station: Howard Johnson Paragon Hotel Beijing (3-4 stars)
- Beijing West Railway Station: Doubletree by Hilton Beijing (5-star)
10. Nearby the Great Wall
Simatai Great Wall at Night
Staying near the Great Wall is the best choice for experienced travelers who would like to travel off the beaten path. It helps you avoid the crowds and the hassle of getting there and you’ll get an opportunity to get the breathtaking night views of the subtly-lit Great Wall at Simatai!
Recommended Hotels near the Great Wall
- Simatai Great Wall: Beijing Water Town Hot Spring Resort (5-star)
- Mutianyu Great Wall: Brickyard Retreat at Mutianyu Great Wall (5-star)
- Badaling Great Wall: Commune by the Great Wall (5-star)
Experience Beijing with Us
We offer out-of-ordinary Beijing Tours. They are private: with no fixed itineraries, no big bus, no group. They are all-inclusive: including English-speaking tour guides, private driver, flexible tours, local dining, hotels and tickets.
Please feel free to create your Beijing tour with us. Or have a look at our newly designed sample tour packages in Beijing to get inspired: