This tour will get you in-depth explore Guilin Minority group by visiting their village, learn how to make their traditional food, and chance to talk to the Yao ladies, they will show their custom dress and long hair.
Available at every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
Highlights of the trip:
- Discover the mysterious Zhuang and Yao minorities in Longji.
- Find out how their wooden houses build without nail.
- Learn how to make their daily food – roasted bamboo rice.
- Trekking through terraced rice fields from one village to another.
- Talk to Yao ladies in the village and they will show you their handmade dress and long hair.
Day by Day Itinerary:
8:00 – 8:30: Pick up from your hotel in Guilin or in Yangshuo
Our guide will contact you before 9:30pm for ensure the exact pick up time, just make sure you leave us a valid contact number.
Any emergency or the guide do not contact you in the real time, please call us at 86-13557335293.
You tour itinerary will adjust due to the weather condition and any force majeure base on your agreement.
8:30 – 10:30: Transfer to Longji Ancient Zhuang Village
Your guide will pick you up in the hotel lobby at appointment time, and and may head to collect other group members from other hotel.
After all members are met, first we will drive to Longjing Ancient Zhuang Village which takes 2 hours (108km) while takes 2 1/2 hours from Yangshuo (155km, additional cost of
$10 may apply).
- 1. The pickup time is subject to the distance of the hotel
- 2. The free hotel collection and drop-off areas will be within the urban areas of Guilin, addtional cost of $10 per person may apply if pick up from Yangshuo. If the hotel you stay outside downtown, can take a taxi to the appointed hotel. So leave us the detail of your hotel is necessary.
- 3. The transportation we provide is air-conditioning van, space seat with seat-belt, and our driver is licensed with over 5 year driving experience.
10:30 – 12:00: Visit the Ancient Zhuang Village
Itinerary for your reference: Visit less crowded part of terraced field, 15-minute walking to visit the Ecological Museum and a local Zhuang people's house, wooden architecture build by The ethnic group, Baiyi Zhuang -White Clothes Zhuang. , and then take an eco-vehicle to the viewing point known as 'Slender Ditch';
12:00 – 13:00: Hike from Longji Ancient Zhuang Village to Ping'an Village
This is quite easy hike that mostly are gentle path that takes around 1 hour (8 km) to Pingan village, along you can see locals working in paddy fields, sometimes working with their cattle.
Notes: today‘s tour request a bit physical challenge, a comfortable walking shoes are required.
We can provide alpenstocks if required, just tell your guide before the trip.
13:00 – 14:00: Have lunch at a local farmer's family restaurant at Ping'an Village
After an hour’s hike, we arrive at Ping’an Village, refreshing yourself and enjoy a delicious meal at a local farmer’s restaurant; in the meanwhile, the house hold will teach you how to make roasted bamboo rice from a fresh bamboo stem, that’s quite a fun experience.
14:00 – 15:00: Visit the 'Seven Stars with the Moon' Viewing Point
Stroll around after lunch and walk up to the highest point of terraced field - Seven Stars with the Moon, I am sure you will amazed by the panoramic view of undulating rice terraces, this also a best photography spot that famous among world’s top photographers, journalist and film makers .
Meet Yao ladies in this area, they will show you their long hair and their handicraft, can you image ladies in this tribe only cut their hair twice for their whole life? Your guide have interesting story to tell.
Notes: for showing respect to the ladies, your guide will give them some tips; it’s up to you if you are happy to give her an extra amount.
15:00 – 16:00: Visit the Nine Dragons and Five Tigers Viewing Point;
Continue to walk to another viewing point - Nine Dragons and Five Tigers, which has difference slop shape of Seven Stars with the Moon.
16:30 – 18:00: Drive Back to Guilin or Yangshuo;
Today’s activities finish here, then Take an e-vehicle down the hill and get on your bus back to Guilin.