Specially designed for student groups or layover travelers in Beijing stretching out to Shandong. Take high speed train and get on the top of Mountain Tai, get a sense of Confucian culture in Confucius' hometown: Qufu.
Easy arrangement with hotel land tour and traansportation
Tiananmen Square, The Forbidden City, Guozijian(Imperial College), Confucian Mansion, Hutong Tour in Dongcheng District, Pearl Store
- Tiananmen Square (40 minutes): Tian'anmen Square is the largest city square in the centre of Beijing, named after the Tiananmen (literally, Gate of Heavenly Peace) which sits to its north, separating it from the Forbidden City. It has great cultural significance as it was the site of several key events in Chinese history. As the world's largest city square and enduring symbol of China's national pride, it is surrounded by many imposing buildings including the Heavenly Gate (entry to the Forbidden City), Museums, government buildings and Chairman Mao's Mausoleum.
- The Forbidden City (2.5 hours): The Forbidden City was home to 24 emperors between 1368 and 1911.This "city within a city" is a World Heritage Site, and is the largest and the best preserved ancient imperial architecture complex in the world, with great square, halls and gates contrast with intricate halls, gardens, courtyards and quarters. The exhibitions, both permanent and temporary, are all important treasures of ancient China.
- Guozijian(Imperial College) (30 minutes): The Guozijian - "School of the Sons of State" was also called the "Imperial Academy" and was the national central institute of learning after the Sui (581-618 AD). This school was the highest place of learning in China's traditional educational system and an integral part of the Confucian system of education for government officials. Originally founded as far back as 3 CE, when a standard nationwide school system was established during the reign of Emperor Ping of Han (9 BC – AD 6), it was called the Taixue. The central schools of Taixue were disbanded during the 1898 reform of the Qing Dynasty, the Guozijian was replaced by the Imperial Capital Academy which later became Peking University.
- Confucian Mansion (50 minutes): It lies at the No. 15 Guozijian Street (called Chenxian Road in the past), An Ding Men Nei Da Jie, Dongcheng District. The Guozijian or Kuo Tzu Chien, the "School of the Sons of State" sometimes called the "Imperial Academy", "Imperial College", "Imperial School" , "Imperial University" or "Imperial Central University", was the national central institute of learning in Chinese dynasties after the Sui. It was the highest institute of learning in China's traditional educational system.
- Hutong Tour in Dongcheng District: Hutong is a maze of historic alleyways with old single storey traditional courtyard houses, which are now fast disappearing. In this one hour tour, you can hop on a rickshaw to ride through the narrow alleys as well as visit a local family and find out about the different thresholds of the courtyards.
- Bai Shi Da Restaurant : Bai Shi Da Restaurant is very popular among local people. It mainly serves authentic food of Northeast China style and also some dishes of Sichuan Cuisine.
Temple of Heaven, The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car), Shahe Cloisonne Factory
As your Beijing tour guide walks your way to the site, you can see many local folks take the holy site Temple of Heaven as an open-air playground for Taichi, Yangko and sword dancing.
Next stop for today is the Great Wall at Mutianyu Section. A one-way cable car ride and one-way slide-way is included in our trip. Later, stop by to see how the cloisonne ware comes out at a cloisonne factory before heading back.
Later at night, your Beijing tour guide will escort you to the train station and an onward train will take you to Xi'an.
- Smart Tips:
Sliding down the Great Wall would count as an excitment, however, you can request to change to one-way cable car ride if you prefer.
Ease your body with a traditional Chinese massage after the visit to the Great Wall. Find more info on our tag about ISpa, one of the high-notch massage and spa centers in Beijing.
Beijing to Taian by Train No. G111 (Beijing Nan (south) Railway Station - Taian Railway Station) Dep 08:43 - Arr 10:35
Hotel to Train station Transfer (Beijing), Train station Transfer (Taian), Mount Tai Tourist Attraction, Cable Car(round trip), Dai Temple, Vehicle to the Top of the Mountain, Our guide and driver will escort you from Taian to Qufu
Early in the morning, you will take a high speed train to Tai'an.
After a short break, you will get on the top of Mountain Tai and visit Dai Temple. Have lunch in a local restaurant before we drive to Qufu.
Check in upon arrival and have some free time around the city.
- Smart Tips:
It takes about 1 hour to drive to Qufu from Tai'an.
Our recommendation for your dinner in Qufu: Harmony Little Bean Restaurant, a good place to eat like a locals. More info can be found on our tag.
Taian to Beijing by Train No. G144 (Taian Railway Station - Beijing Nan (south) Railway Station) Dep 18:09 - Arr 20:00
Confucius Temple, Confucian Mansion, Confucian family graveyard, Our guide and driver will escort you from Qufu to Taian, Train station Transfer (Taian)
You may haven't heard of Qufu, but you must hear of Confucius, who is a great educationalist and philosopher having profound impact in Chinese culture.
After lunch and some free time, you will be on the way to Tai'an. Taking a high speed train to Beijing. Our service ends here.
- Smart Tips:
Your China holiday shouldn't end here, book extended tours with us and discover more of China!
If you want to go to the airport or hotel in Beijing, please request an airport transfer instead of the transfer to hotel.
What's Included & Excluded
Meals listed in the itinerary.
Private English-speaking guide and driver.
Hotels listed in the itinerary.
Service Charge & Taxes.
China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
China Entry Visa Fees.
Excess Baggage Charges.
Any meals that are not mentioned in the tour itinerary.
Single Room Supplement.
Mao Live House
As the capital's premier music venue, Mao Live House takes the advantage of Mao's name and makes it a loud and trendy place for local artists and international bands to play off.(Address:111 Gulou Dongdajie, Dongcheng District, Beijing)
Peking Duck Dinner at Hua's Restaurant
Hua's Restaurant, or Huajia Yiyuan, offers a special dining experience in a royal mansion with authentic royal court food. Peking Duck is also their best specialty.Near Wangfujing Street, you can take an easy after-dinner walk or explore the nearby Hutongs.
Massage / Spa in Beijing
After a day of touring, you must feel tired. A traditional Chinese massage will rejuvenate you in a breezy Beijing night.
I Spa: offering oil massage, Thai massage, Chinese massage, foot massage and spa. (6F, Kaiyuan Mingdu Hotel, Caishikou Street, Xicheng District, Beijing.Tel: +86-010-63527157)
Harmony Little Bean Restaurant
Harmony Little Bean Restaurant is a family restaurant to sample traditional Shandong food including pancakes, noodles, tofu and other delicacies. Home-made soybean milk is on the house.(Address:Chunqiu Xi Road, Qufu)
Our local experts are always ready to create you a hassle-free tour. Get an authentic experience by contacting one of our travel advisors.