Our guide and driver will escort you from Tianjin to Beijing, The Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square
Your tour guide will wait for you at Gate 3 around 06:45. It's better for you to exit from the ship between 07:00-08:00 so that you can have rich time for exploring Beijing.
It will take about 2.5 hours from the cruise port to Beijing city. After checking in your hotel you'll start the visit. Today you'll visit:
- The Forbidden City (2.5 hours): The Forbidden City, aka Imperial City – and sometimes referred to as the Palace Museum, for the museum that it houses (and often referred to by visitors from all over the world in more common parlance as "the imperial palace") – was built during the Ming (CE 1368-1644) Dynasty, is the largest and the best preserved ancient imperial architecture complex in the world.
- Tiananmen Square (50 minutes): Measuring 440, 000 square meters, Tiananmen Square is the largest open-air square in the world. It can hold about one million people for public celebration or gatherings.
- Lunch at Free As A Bird Restaurant: It is a nice local Chinese restaurant featured in traditional Sichuan food - a little bit spicy.
The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car), Summer Palace with boat ride and the Garden of Virtue and Harmony
After breakfast at hotel today we will visit:
- The Mutianyu Great Wall (with round-way cable car, 2 hours): Mutianyu Great Wall is located in Huairou County, about 80 kilometers northeast of Beijing. As one of the best-preserved sections of the Great Wall, Mutianyu Great Wall stretches from Juyongguan Pass in the west to Gubeikou Gateway in the east.
- Summer Palace (with boat Ride and the Garden of Virtue and Harmony, 2 hours): The Summer Palace, in the Haidian District, northwest of central Beijing, is said to be the best preserved imperial garden in the world, and the largest of its kind still in existence in modern China.
- Lunch at Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant: A restaurant near Mutianyu Great wall, featured in rainbow trout, sturgeon and salmon.
Temple of Heaven, Our guide and driver will escort you from Beijing to Tianjin
Todaty we will come back to Tianjin Cruise port to continue the cruise line however we still have several hours to explore Beijing, you will visit:
- Temple of Heaven (1.5 hours): Situated about three kilometers from the city center, the Temple of Heaven was built in 1420 when the city of Beijing was designated as the capital of the Ming Empire and a full range of palaces were therefore constructed. With an area of 273 hectares, four times the size as the Forbidden City, the Temple of Heaven is the largest group of temple architecture in China and also the largest heaven- worshipping building in the world.
- Lunch at local family in Hutong: Taste the traditional Beijinger's lifestyle and food in a Chinese family, absolutely unforgettable!
- Transfer back to Tianjin Cruise port: You will be transferred to Tianjin Port Cruise at 16:00 for the Celebrity Millennium which departs at 18:00.
What's Included & Excluded
Meals listed in the itinerary.
Private English-speaking guide and driver.
Hotels listed in the itinerary.
Service Charge & Taxes.
China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
China Entry Visa Fees.
Excess Baggage Charges.
Any meals that are not mentioned in the tour itinerary.
Single Room Supplement.
Our local experts are always ready to create you a hassle-free tour. Get an authentic experience by contacting one of our travel advisors.