This two day hike of 25 kilometers will allow you to experience one of the world’s great gorges. Walk 5 hours each day over steep but beautiful terrain to reach the Tiger Leaping Gorge. The backdrop is the beautiful scenery of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain.
Highlights: Hike along the Tiger Leaping Gorge to see its beautiful natural scenery
Experience vivid night life in Lijiang Ancient Town
Airport Transfer (Lijiang), Lijiang Ancient Town, Wangu Tower
Destinations & activities: Airport Transfer (Lijiang), Lijiang Ancient Town, Wangu Tower
- Lijiang Ancient Town (2 hours): Located in the center of the county, this town has beautiful scenes, great culture and long history. It is a very well preserved ancient minority city with an active atmosphere. - Wangu Tower (1 hour): Located on top of the Lion Hill, this tower is the ancient town’s landmark. It is a pure wood building that overlooks on Lijiang and the mountains in the distance.
- No.8 Lv Xue Zhai Restaurant: Serving Naxi cuisine and other Chinese dishes, this beautiful restaurant is decorated in the Naxi region courtyard style.
Baisha Murals at Baisha Village, The Jade Dragon Mountain (with Large Cable Car from Ganhaizi)
Baisha Murals at Baisha Village: These murals had been painted more than 1000 years ago and they combine the cultures of Naxi, Tibetan and Han people to display the stories of Tibet Buddhism, Taoism and Confucian. The Jade Dragon Mountain (with Large Cable Car from Ganhaizi): This beautiful snow capped mountain has 13 different peaks. The meadow and mountain views against rivers and snow create a beautiful picture. A cable car can be taken to reach the top of the mountain.
Hiking from Qiaotou to Halfway Hostel, Tiger Leaping Gorge
A 2.5 hour drive will take you to Qiaotou town’s Changsheng village. This is where the hike for tiger leaping gorge starts. We will hike for around 7 hours for 17 km to reach the guest house. We first hike for two hours before we stop for lunch at a local guest house. We then continue on for 2 hours to enjoy remarkable views. The guest house has beautiful views of the Yulong Snow Mountain and Jinsha River Valley.
Please only carry the minimum essential and leave the rest of the luggage in Lijian.
Hiking from Halfway Hostel to Tina's, Hiking from Tina's to middle part of Tiger Leaping Gorge, Xincun village Pier to lower Tiger leaping Gorge(Daju Pier)
We begin early morning and hike down for 2 hours through canyons and the Guanyin waterfall before we have lunch at Tina’s Guest House. We then continue down a steep cliff to the middle tiger leaping gorge and Jinsha River. We reach the narrowest part of the gorge and then walk back to Tina’s. We will then drive to reach the pier of the Xincun Village for a ferry to the Daju Pier.
1. Wear suitable clothes and walking shoes for outdoor activities.
2. Please carry a cap, sun glasses, sunscreen and water.
3. The best time for hiking are autumn and spring when humidity and temperatures are lower.
Hotel to airport Transfer (Lijiang)
Our guide will transfer you to airport for your departure.
What's Included & Excluded
Meals listed in the itinerary.
Private English-speaking guide and driver.
Hotels listed in the itinerary.
Service Charge & Taxes.
China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
China Entry Visa Fees.
Excess Baggage Charges.
Any meals that are not mentioned in the tour itinerary.
Single Room Supplement.
Our local experts are always ready to create you a hassle-free tour. Get an authentic experience by contacting one of our travel advisors.