Get to Know the Year of the Dragon
- Chinese: 龙 (lóng)
- Personality: confident, positive, emotional and arrogant
- Dragon years: …1916, 1928, 1940, 1952, 1964, 1976, 1988, 2000, 2012, 2024…
Different from the western idea, the dragon is thought to be a divine mythical creature in China, thus the people who were born in the year of the dragon are regarded to be the lucky ones.
The Dragon is the fifth animal sign of the 12-year cycle related to the Chinese calendar. Below, we list some forecasts for the Dragon in 2018.
Personality -- Brave and Active
- Positive: As the mightiest animal in the Chinese zodiac, Dragons prefer to be a leader of groups and live by their own rules. Being active and brave, they are not afraid of challenges and always do the utmost of their own. Therefore, many Dragons are successful in their domains.
Moreover, Dragons are truly popular with people around them, because they are always considerate and their talents always make them become a star in the crowd.
- Negative: Though Dragons are passionate in their efforts to fulfill their dreams, this kind of enthusiasm would often exhaust when they lose interest in what they originally planned to do.
And since they like to be a leader of the group, Dragons are often said to be fond of the limelight. What’s more, their preference of being alone may sometimes be understood as arrogance or conceitedness.
The Most Famous Dragon
Born in late 1893 in Hunan, Mao Zedong, commonly known as Chairman Mao, was a Chinese Communist leader and founder of the People’s Republic of China. His theories about political policies, military strategies and development are collectively known as Maoism, which is generally considered as the development of Marxism-Leninism in China.
Regarded as one of the most important figures in the history of modern world, Mao was chosen by Time as one of the 100 most influential people in the 20th century.
- In 1921, Mao became a founder member of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) and set up a branch in Hunan.
- In 1934, Mao led his followers on the 'Long March', a 7,767-mile-journey from the Yangtze River to northwest China to establish a new base.
- After eight years of war with Japan (1937-1945) and four years of civil war with Kuomintang (1945-1949), Mao proclaimed the founding of the People's Republic of China (PRC) on October 1, 1949, which he ruled as the Chairman of the Communist Party of China until his death in 1976.
- From 1947, Mao implemented extensive land reforms with emphasis on equal distribution of land for the peasants and the eventual persecution of some of the rich and powerful landlords.
Although Mao Zedong made a serious mistake in his later years –the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution from 1966 to 1976, his indisputable merits on the revolution in China have far outweighed his negligence. He is still revered by Chinese people.
Forecasts for the Dragon in 2018
Career - Probably get promoted
In 2018, Dragons are predicted to meet more obstacles in their jobs than usual. But luckily, those problems will not be difficult to solve if properly handled. Besides, people born in a year of the dragon will be likely to come across the right person who is able to help them get promoted, but only if they discipline themselves:
- to be patient and modest.
- to get on well with their colleagues.
Ideal jobs for Dragons: lawyer, artist, inventor, manager, computer analyst, engineer, architect, broker, and sales person.
Finance - Making a fortune through investment
Predictions in 2018 for the Dragon foretell that due to the advent of numerous opportunities for investment, it is a time for them to make a packet. And the optimal seasons to do this will be spring and winter.
However, Dragons should evaluate their own economic strength and fully analyze the actual situation of the market before taking further steps.
Health - A little unfavorable
Ailments may sometimes occur, but keeping early bed-time and staying away from alcohol and tobacco will help them remain healthy. And Dragons should pay attention to personal hygiene in order to avoid several infectious diseases, especially in the spring and summer when germs breed easily.
Relationships - Favorable
Dragons are going to lead a smooth romantic life in 2018. Single Dragons are very likely to find their better halves via introductions from their friends and relatives, while married couples will enjoy a stable state of their relationship.
Love Compatibility with Other Chinese Zodiac Signs
The Dragons are usually ambitious in career, and otherwise generous and honest which attracts the attention of many wooers. Therefore, the one who finally wins the hearts of them must be charming and intellectual.
When they fall in love, the Dragons will put their heart and soul into their better halves but are not demanding, which fully demonstrates that they are an ideal marriage partner for many people.
- Best with Rooster, Rat and Monkey
- Worst with Dog, Rabbit and Dragon
- Male Dragons in Love - Passive, Sensitive, Responsible
Male Dragons often behave very sensitive and nervous in the interaction process with the opposite sex because they are afraid that their behavior might hurt their partners. For this reason, it is easy for them to generate misunderstandings and become disgruntled. However, male Dragons are still much of a family man, who is an ideal model of a husband.
- Female Dragons in Love - Devoted, Prudent, Considerate
Female Dragons prefer to spend a long time observing their partner to see whether they match each other. Once they decide to give their heart to someone, female Dragons will be entirely devoted to this relationship and try hard to make a difference in dressing to please their partner. Of course, they are eager to receive corresponding feedback from the man they love.