Year of the Snake – the 6th Chinese Zodiac Animal
The Year of the Snake is sixth in the 12-year cycle of animal years of the Chinese zodiac. Snake years are …1929, 1941, 1953, 1965, 1977, 1989, 2001, 2013, 2025… If you were born in one of the years, then you are a Snake.
A myth says that the Jade Emperor held a competition and said the order of the 12-cycle animal signs would be decided by the order in which the zodiac animals arrived at his palace. The good-looking Dragon came fifth and the Jade Emperor said his son could be the sixth. But Dragon’s son didn’t come with him that day. Snake came forward and said Dragon was his godfather. So Snake ranked sixth.
Snake's Love Compatibility
Best Match with Snake: Ox, Dragon, or Rooster
Snake and Rooster make up the most compatible pair. They have similar personalities and hold the same goal in life.
Ox and Dragon fit well with Snake as well. They have different personalities from Snake and complement each other.
Worst Match with Snake: Tiger, Rabbit, Snake, Goat, or Pig
Tigers and Pigs are incompatible with Snakes. There won’t be much trust in a relationship but full of suspect and coldness.
It is hard for a Snake and Rabbit or Goat to sympathize and understand each other.
Snakes are materialistic, suspicious and jealous, which makes them incompatible with themselves. They’ll clash and it’s hard to maintain a peaceful relationship.
Snake's Prediction for 2020
Career — progress and changes
The people under the Snake sign face changes in their career development, so they should make full preparations to respond, to ensure an advantageous position in the stiff competition. Though there are some tough tasks confronting them, receiving help from others can be a shortcut to success.
They can easily grasp opportunities of being promoted, moving to a better office with pleasant settings or being engaged in a satisfactory job. They are advised to give thorough consideration to those changes, otherwise they may find themselves in trouble.
The people running their own business, particularly, should have a positive attitude towards extending their enterprises because there are unprecedentedly favorable conditions and significant opportunities.
However, to adapt to the new environment and to overcome the stressful task, they should remain patient and follow the following principles:
- Maintain high work efficiency. Doing physical exercise and reading new books can unearth inspiration and stimulate imagination, which are the keys to come up with outstanding proposals.
- Keep good interpersonal relationships. More communication is an effective way to solve disagreements with their colleagues.
- Concentrate on the career. It is better not to divert their attention to other things unrelated to work.
- Pay attention to the advice of their superiors. Their words may directly map their career path and aid them with their career goals.
- Suitable jobs: TV presenter, model, athlete and designer
Love and Relationships — sweet love life
Though there are ups and downs, Snake people can keep their relationships strong and establish a wider social network.
In the workplace, it is easy for them to have divergence and arguments with colleagues and be annoyed by the troublesome interpersonal relationships. This would largely affect their mood. At home, despite life’s hurried pace, they should spend more time with their families to avoid alienation with them.
For the single, the love story may start by chance. Their sexual attraction is so powerful that they can attract wooers. The people they meet are their ideal soul mates and they can build emotional connections. So, just pick Mr. Right and enjoy this romantic relationship.
To cope with complication and friction in interpersonal relationships, the following are some useful tips:
- Practice patience and appreciation. They should not force others to accept their views. Instead, they should be calm and explain patiently their opinions to others.
- Keep the novelty alive. This is extremely important for being in relationship with someone for a long period. Just try to make some changes to activate their relationship.
- Learn more about others’ inner world. They can have more talks with their team members and family members and get to know them better.
Health — be careful to the digestive system and mental problems
People born in the Year of the Snake need to pay more attention to their health condition. Tension and stress have become a part of their life, they have to deal with deadlines and responsibilities beyond their strength. Therefore, they are likely to be fatigued and suffer from insomnia.
More seriously, it may cause mental disease. Besides, the poor digestive system is due to the irregular diet and sedentary work and life style.
To minimize health-related problems, they should keep the following things in mind:
- Have more exercise and regular and well-balanced diet. They can participate in some aerobic activities and alter their dietary habits.
- Be sensitive to physical discomforts. They need to know clearly about their level of health. And when necessary, they have to go to the doctor in due time.
- Have regular work and rest time. Try to escape from the hustle and bustle of life to release stress and tension.
Finance — increase income and decrease expenditure
Great progress in work can boost Snake people’s salary. At the end of the year, apart from the stable income from work, some of them can be really lucky with wealth. For example, they may get benefits from stocks, owing to the correct decisions when making investments.
However, having good money management is what they cannot ignore because chances are high they may encounter great difficulties.
To spend and save money wisely, take the following measures:
- Make a detailed plan. The plan should include the records of income and expenditures. Also, draw up a practical investment plan.
- Set up an emergency fund. They should not squander money; otherwise they will not be able to cope with harsh economic situations.
- Ask for professional advice. They should consult financial advisors to increase the chance of making a wise investment.
People born in Snake years are intelligent, wise and materialistic. They have lucky and unlucky things. In 2020, Snake people will make progress and changes in career, have love life, suffer from digestive system and mental problems, and get increasing salary. All these predictions, however, serve for reference only, just like western astrology.