1. When is the best time travel to Guilin?
Spring, summer and autumn from March to October is the best time to Guilin, since the weather is comparable comfortable, and the scenery is quite different in these seasons.
The annual average temperature in Guilin is 18.9℃（66.02℉）. The highest temperature falls in July and August, with the monthly average temperature of 28.3℃（82.94℉）. The coldest month is January, with the monthly average temperature of 15.6℃（60.08℉）.
The Chinese golden holidays are Chinese Spring Festival from late January and early February, lunar days are different every year. National Labors Day from May 1 to May 3, and Chinese National Holiday from Oct.1 to Oct.7. the visitors especially Chinese tourists are more crowded than the usual time, and price of hotels higher cause the number of visitors are three or four times higher and the demand exceeds supply.
March to May is the rainy season in Guilin, you will see the classical scene of misty and clouds above the river and mountains really like land of surreal.
2. How to get to Guilin?
Guilin is a popular tour destinations in China that set up with one international airports and three high-speed railway stations, it is quite convenience to get to Guilin by flights or trains from most of the cities like Beijing, Xi’an, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Chengdu and etc.
- Beijing: Everyday, 3 hours
- Shanghai: Everyday, 2 1/2hours
- Xi’an: Everyday, 1 1/2hours
- Hangzhou : Everyday 2hrs15mins
- Guangzhou: 1 hour
- Shenzhen: 1hrs50mins
By High-speed Trains:
- Beijing: 11 hours
- Shanghai: 9 hours
- Xi’an: 9hrs30mins
- Guangzhou: 3 hours
- Shenzhen: 3hrs15mins
There are direct flights go between Guilin and Hong Kong every day, and only takes 1 1/2hours.
Take a city subway from Hong Kong to Shenzhen, and then take a high-speed train to Guilin (3 hours).
4. How to take a Li River cruise?
Boat cruise is highly recommended for visiting Li River and it’s becoming an indispensable itinerary for visitors. Li River gives life to the whole of Guilin, with a post-monsoon stretch of some impressive greenery that hugs the entire trail of the river. Along the river you can see magnificent karst hills, bamboo groves, countryside scenery, crystal water with rocks and plants and rocky shoals. Highlights along the way include Nine Horses Fresco Hill, Yellow Cloth Reflection, 20-Yuan Bill Hill, and Xingping Ancient Village.
- Departure Point: Zhujiang Pier or Mopan Pier 19km from downtown (45 minutes drive)
- Transports: Join in a tour or go by yourself by TAXI (CNY100 is required)
- Type of Boat and Price: 3-star boat CNY300 per person, 4-star boat CNY380-CNY450
- How to purchase the ticket: you can purchase ticket in the cruise pier, but it cannot promise the tickets available the day you departs. The tour agents do not provide ticket booking independently, only Li River Cruise package tour available includes pier transfers, cruise tickets and tour guide.