1-Day Giant Panda & Chengdu Highlights Tour
Giant Panda Breeding and Research Center is a big center, so there are about 50 adult pandas and baby pandas, and some red pandas living in the base.
Taste Local Delicacy in Jinli Old Street, and visit Wenshu Yuan Monastery in downtown Chengdu.
Per person for 2 travelers
Contact us via WeChat
for any inquiry
Scan ChinaTravel QR Code
What To Expect
- See pandas in their natural habitat (not in a zoo or in the wild)
- Explore the highlights in Chengdu
- Try popular street food
- Visit Jinli Ancient Street and Wenshu Monastery
We will pick you at your hotel lobby at 7:30 a.m. and take you to Giant Panda Breeding and Research Center. It takes about 45 minutes’ for drive.
We suggest you arrive there earlier for two reasons
- Pandas are active before 9 a.m.
- You can see they are fed with breakfast.
- To avoid the crowds. More and more visitors arrive there after 10 a.m., because they need time for transport.
There are only 2,000+ pandas left in the world, about 400 in zoo and 1,800 in the wild.
The nature around is pretty and nice to walk around. You see them eating, sitting down or lying down, they are just adorable to watch, as they start eating their breakfast without caring about the big crowd gazing at them.
You can also have a chance to see baby pandas and red pandas in the center.
Lunch arrange in a famous local restaurant – Long Chao Shou Restaurant, you will be sample various of dishes, ranging from soups, dumplings, noodles and steamed buns.
Some dishes here are spicy, but your guide will assist you to order according to your needs.
After lunch, we will take you to Wenshu Yuan Monastery. You will see exquisite Buddhist architecture and soak in the peaceful atmosphere.
After that, take a walk along Jinli Ancient Street which is bustling with unusual food to eat. Taste if you are interested.
Your guide will take you to your hotel. If you need a transfer to the airport, Just tell us, an extra fee should be applied.
Price Per Person in US Dollars
* The price may change during some festivals including the Spring Festival, Tomb Sweeping Day, Labor Day (1st May), Mid Autumn Day and National Day (1st Oct.).
* The price is subject to change based on exchange rate.
- Entrance fees.
- Meals listed in the itinerary.
- Private transfers.
- Private English-speaking guide and driver.
- Hotels listed in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Taxes.
- China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers.
Extend Your Tour
If you want to join in panda keeper program to take care of them, we can arrange you to Dujiangyan Panda Base and make a reservation for you.
We have to apply for these activities at least one week in advance, because there is a daily quota of only 60 volunteers for panda keeper program.
Giant Panda Breeding and Research Center is just for visitors to see adult and baby pandas.
from US $ p/p