Yangtze River Cruises
"Hi, there! My name is Vivian Cen, the local expert on the Yangtze River Cruise.
Now I have been in charge of Yangtze cruise marketing for over 10 years, I opt to take cruises down to the Yangtze on different cruise lines every year, I am familiar with the character of each ship I recommend, try effort to distinguish them and find out their selling point for customer whose are look for inspiration. "
Popular Yangtze Cruise Companies
Add Our WeChat Account for a Quick Response
- Instant messaging & real-time response: always keeps you engaged, do not waste time waiting for responses.
- Efficient communication: Gives you an easy way to talk to a tour consultant, and keep those conversations private.
- Easy & safe booking: Request a tour via WeChat and make purchases in just a few clicks, then get a confirmation within 7 hours.
- Inspired by travel moment: We share lasted travel news or fun things to do in China on WeChat every week.
- Stay in touch: for any tour advice, ticket bookings, emergencies, and feedback.
FAQ About Yangtze Cruise
1. Differences between upstream and downstream
Downstream cruises are usually shorter than upstream cruises. Downstream sailings from Chongqing to Yichang or Shanghai take 4 days and 3 nights, while upstream means the opposite direction and normally takes 5 days and 4 nights.
The shore excursion of the whole cruise is the same but at different times of the day at the same destination.
How to choose an upstream and downstream trip depends on your transport from the departure point, and which disembark port is easy to access to your next destination.
2. Compare Victoria, Century, and President Cruises?
They are all luxury cruise companies. They have been operating for over 15 years and up, and ships have been ranked “A” class—the top class by the Yangtze navigation authority.
Different Cruise Companies have their own features:
Victoria Cruise: The only cruise series operated and managed by American companies on the Yangtze, with a high-quality service stander, Victoria Sabrina is now the best ship among seven vessels and the largest one.
New Century Cruise: The five-star cruise series built after 2003 on the Yangtze River, cooperates with Viking Cruise. The Century Victory and Century Glory are their newest and best ships so far.
President Cruises - cost-effective fleet on the Yangtze, President 7 and President 8 is their newest and best ship, recommended for families.
3. What is the average weather like on my sailing?
The Yangtze River weather features strong wind and humidity. The average temperature reaches 30 C (86F) in July and 10 C (50 F) in January. Spring and autumn are therefore the best seasons for taking river cruises.
In summers, dramatic thunderstorms and torrential rains often happen and heavy rainfalls cause the high water level between July and September (Which is usually coincided with the Flood Season on the cruising itineraries). Winters are freezing.
4. How shall I dress on the ship and how many formal nights are there on my sailing?
No special formal dress is required on the ship. Be sure to take clothes that are suitable for shore excursions or to enjoy the scenery from the ship deck. Clothes to protect you from the hot sun in summer and strong wind in winter are essential.
Usually, most ships will have two formal nights, the Captain's Welcome Cocktail Party and Dinner and the Captain's Farewell Dinner. Suggest that appropriate dress is: men coat and tie, and ladies a dress or pantsuit, but the decision is yours to make based on your baggage restrictions.