Chinese food is widely known for its variety and abundance with about 8,000 renowned ancient and modern dishes, 600 types of ingredients, and over 48 basic ways of cooking.
Want to feel on top of the world? Go and taste some mouth-watering Chinese food!
Most Popular Chinese Food Dishes
Symbolic Foods Eaten During Festivals
There are many Chinese dishes that have symbolic meanings. Special foods with auspicious meanings are often associated with certain festivals.
How to Eat Properly in China - China's Dining Etiquette
China has developed a relatively sophisticated system of eating etiquette. Chinese people believe that dining is an important way of socializing. So you need to behave properly during dining.
China’s 8 Great Regional Cuisine Styles
China is vast with complex geographical features. Thus it has various regional cuisine. The most famous cooking styles in China are the Eight Great Cuisines, but there is more than that.
From the Ming (1368-1644) to the Qing (1616-1911) dynasties, there emerged eight great cuisines. Every cuisine is distinct from the others and the differences in their formation have much to do with the geography, climate, natural resources, and eating habits of the specific area.
- Cantonese Cuisine: Sweet and Refreshing
- Sichuan Cuisine: Spicy and Numbing
- Jiangsu Cuisine: Freshwater Seafood
- Hunan Cuisine: Spicy and Sour
- China's Other Regional Cuisines
Taste Chinese Food Your Way!
Our Customers Tasting Chinese Food
No one who loves food will say “no” to the delicacies of China, especially after admiring natural and cultural beauties – how would a perfect journey be without delicious food? Below are three sample tours we hand-pick for your inspiration:
- 8-Day China Experience Trip (Beijing, Xi’an, Shanghai)
- 11-Day Glories of China (Beijing, Xi’an, Guilin, Yangshuo, Shanghai)
- 11-Day China Impression Journey (Beijing, Xi’an, Yangtze River, Chongqing, Shanghai)