Silk Road Adventure
The Silk Road was a passage for the transportation of silk in ancient times. Lots of relics on the road can still be seen now. From the relics, tourists can see the outline of the ancient metropolitan areas along the road.
Hot Silk Road Adventure Tours
Add Our WeChat Account to Get Travel Advice
- Instant messaging & real-time response: always keeps you engaged, do not waste time waiting for responses.
- Efficient communication: gives you an easy way to talk to our tour consultant, and keep those conversations private.
- Easy & safe booking: request a tour via WeChat and make purchases in just a few clicks, then get a confirmation within 7 hours.
- Inspired by "Wechat Moments": we share lasted travel news and fun things to do in China on WeChat every week.
- Stay in touch: for any tour advice, ticket bookings, emergencies, and feedback.
Shangri-La Express on the Silk Road
China Orient Express, also known as Shangri-La Express, is at present the most modern and comfortable luxury hotel train in China. It far exceeds China's other trains in terms of luxury and service.
China Orient Express is a privately owned hotel train traveling the route of the caravans of the ancient Silk Road. Commencing 1985 the former Shangri-La Express provides the first leg – Beijing to Urumqi. Ever since then, the train runs several routes including Xi'an - Urumqi, Xi'an - Tibet, Lanzhou - Urumqi, and more.
The Shangri-La Express offers comfortable living with a choice of en-suite, double bed accommodation, or traditional-style cabins, with a shared toilet and shower facility in each carriage and a twin bed arrangement.
FAQ About Silk Road Travel
1. How to plan my Silk Road tour?
Silk Road is a long route that covers several provinces and regions in China, from Xi’an in the east to Gansu province and Xinjiang region in the west. If this is your first China trip, we suggested you could spend at least ten days visiting Beijing, Xian, Dunhuang, Urumqi, and Kashgar. You could get a history of china and experience colorful sceneries along Silk Road.
If you are an experienced traveler who wants to deeper explore china, you are recommended to travel to Dunhuang, Zhangye, Jiayuguan, Turpan, Kashgar, and Urumqi to follow the footprint of Marco Polo. This route may spend about 15 days. If you only have a one-week holiday, choose the three most famous cities that will be fit for you.
2. When is the best time to visit Silk Road?
Along the Silk Road route, Xi’an and Gansu province is suitable to visit all year round. May to October is the best time to visit Xinjiang region because the weather is mild.