China F Visa (Visitor Visa)
China F Visa, also known as the China Visitor Visa, is issued to individuals visiting China for various purposes such as study, inspections, lectures, technology and cultural exchanges, and short-term training.
This visa is valid for a maximum duration of six months. It allows for single or double entry, with each visit typically allowing a stay of 30 to 90 days.
Documents Required for a China Visitor Visa (F Visa)
1. A Valid Passport
Original signed passport with at least six months validity and blank visa pages, and a copy of the passport's data page and the photo page if it is separate.
2. A Completed Visa Application Form
The China visa application form can be downloaded from the China embassy website of your country or our website. You need to complete it by computer, print and sign it.
3. A Recent Passport-Style Photograph
You need to prepare a recently-taken color photo (bare-head, full face) against a light background of the size of 48mm×33mm.
4. Proof of Legal Entry or Residence Status (applicable to applicants who apply for visas outside their country of nationality)
If you are not applying for the China visa in the country of your citizenship, you need to provide proof of legal stay, residence, work, or study in your current location, as well as a copy of the document.
5. Original Chinese Passport or China Visa (applicable to former Chinese citizens who have acquired foreign nationality)
If you are applying for a China visa for the first time, you need to provide the original Chinese passport and a copy of the passport's personal information page.
If you have obtained a China visa before and are now applying with a new foreign passport, you need to provide a copy of the foreign passport's personal information page and the previously obtained China visa (if the name on the new passport is different from that on the original passport, you also need to provide an official document proving the name change).
6. Additional Supporting Documents for an F Visa
In addition to the general documents mentioned above, applicants for the F visa are required to provide an invitation letter issued by a Chinese entity or individual.
The invitation letter should include the following information:
- Personal Information of the Invitee: Name, gender, date of birth, passport number, etc.
- Information about the Invitee's Visit to China: Purpose of visit, dates of arrival and departure, location of the visit, relationship with the inviting organization or individual, source of funding, etc.
- Information about the Inviting Entity: Name of the inviting entity, address, contact telephone number, official seal of the entity, the signature of the legal representative or inviting person from the entity, date, etc.
All relevant information should be included in the body of the invitation letter.