3-Day Classical Yellow Mountain and Hongcun Village Tour
Huangshan, aka Yellow Mountain as it is known, is popular for its spectacular four wonders: beautiful clouds, oddly shaped pines, majestic rocks, and imposing peaks.
Expect a natural landscape, there is a lot more to explore as Hongcun old village, which earns the reputation of Living Heritage by UNESCO.
Per person for 2 travelers
Contact us via WeChat
for any inquiry
Scan ChinaTravel QR Code
- Enjoy the natural beauty of Yellow Mountain
- Mark the monument of sunrise from the horizon
- Hike the west sea canyon
- Try mouth-watering local food
- Crowne Plaza Huangshan Yucheng (5-star) / Huangshan International Hotel(in the city) (4-star) / Xinan Country Villa Hotel(in the city) (3-star)
You will meet your tour guide outside the luggage claim area at the airport, holding your name signboard with the China Travel logo, and then the driver will escort you to your hotel. Your guide will help you check in.
Good to Know
- Since this is your first time in Huangshan, your Huangshan guide will tell you as much as possible about things to see, local culture and taboos, and how to avoid tourist traps.
- Safety: it is quite safe in Huangshan as the security is well organized, but like in other countries in the world, should take care of your belongs in crowded and dense areas.
- Breakfast and lunch
In the morning, you will be transferred from central Huangshan City to the foot of the Yellow Mountain. The ride takes about 1 hour.
Then you will take a shuttle bus (a round-trip included) to the scenic area for 20 minutes to get to Yungu Cable Car. It takes 10 minutes, ride uphill.
You will stay overnight on the top of the Yellow Mountain.
Beginners, children, and seniors' choice: After descending the cable car and walking for about 30 minutes mostly downstairs to the hotel, you will firstly have a buffet lunch. You will see Black Tiger Pine and Dream Flower Pine along the way.
The exploration of the West Sea Grand Canyon begins after a short break. You can decide how long you would like to walk for: reaching the 1st ring and returning takes about two hours, reaching the 2nd ring and returning takes about 2 hours, or taking a monorail down.
Enjoy the sunset at Cloud-dispelling Pavilion. Then take half an hour to go back to your hotel.
Energetic hikers' choice: Getting off the cable car and walking for about half an hour, you will arrive at the hotel to have a buffet lunch. The 30 minutes walk is mostly downstairs and on the way, you will see Umbrella Pine and Black Tiger Pine.
Explore the West Sea Grand Canyon after a short break. The exploration hiking takes about 3 hours. You can always use the shortcut to save time and energy.
If time and physical condition permit, you will see more when taking another 3 hours to further explore Flying-over Rock and watch the sunset at Bright Top. Getting back to the hotel from the Bright Top takes 1 hour.
- Breakfast and lunch
Get up early to see the sunrise of the Yellow Mountain and take photos.
After breakfast in the hotel, you will head to Beginning-to-Believe Peak, Dawn Pavillion, Black Tiger Pine, and Harp Pine. Then take the cable car down the mountain.
You will enjoy an authentic Hui-style lunch in a local restaurant.
Visit ancient Hongcun Village. This ancient village enjoys a history of 800 years and has also been featured in the "Crouching Tiger and Hidden Dragon" movie.
Next, transfer to Tunxi Ancient Street to enjoy a leisure walk and see ancient buildings.
You will then be transferred to the airport, bus station, or railway station for your departure.
- Entrance fees.
- Meals listed in the itinerary.
- Private transfers.
- Private English-speaking guide and driver.
- Hotels listed in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Taxes.
- China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers.
Good to Know
- For safety considerations, the hiking route to West Sea Grand Canyon, Celestial Capital Peak, and Lotus Peak is closed from 1st December to 31st March every year due to the snowy weather.
- As a Huangshan tour insider, we recommend a less-explored trail from Back Hill to Front Hill.
- Get a light pack and leave your not-needed luggage in your hotel in Huangshan city.
- Go to bed early and sleep tight if you'd like to catch the sunrise in the morning.
- Short cut: A monorail is available running between the main peak and the bottom of the West Sea Grand Canyon, stairs between which are very narrow and steep. It takes about only 5 minutes down to save you 1 hour and energy and costs about US$14 (100 yuan).
from US $ p/p