What is the luggage allowance of China train
China Train Ticket Booking
Just like taking a flight, there is a baggage allowance to adhere to when taking a train. Please read on to see how many bags you can take on a train in China, and where to place them.
Easy communication and urgent tickets booking via WeChat
Scan ChinaTravel Business Team QR Code
Weight and Size Limits
The maximum weight and size for free carry-on baggage for each passenger is as follows. All items exceeding this should be consigned to a rail freight car or mailed separately.
Free Baggage Allowance
- Child (including those with a free ticket): 10 kg (22 lbs)
- Adult: 20 kg (44 lbs)
- Diplomat: 35 kg (77 lbs)
For normal trains:
- The total of the three dimensions (length + width + height) of each item must not exceed 160 cm (63 in). For example 70cm x 40cm x 50 cm would be just withing the limit.
- The exception is a rod-shaped item (like a fishing rod in its case, or a tube containing a painting), which must not exceed 200 cm (79 in). Width restrictions are not specified, but presumably "rod-shaped items" must be less than about 10 cm (4 in) in diameter.
For high-speed trains (C, D, and G trains):
- The total of the three dimensions cannot exceed 130 cm (51 in).
- A rod-shaped item cannot exceed 130 cm (51 in).
Things You Can't Bring on a China Train
The items listed below are not permitted on a train or in a train station:
- Dangerous items: any weapons, such as knives and guns, and offensive items, including imitation guns, and any type of bullets
- Explosives: items with an explosive quality, such as firecrackers
- Compressed gases: petroleum gas, coal gas, oxygen, hydrogen, etc.
- Flammable liquids: alcohol, adhesives, thinners, spray paint, gasoline and other fuel oils, etc.
- Highly-flammable solids: camphor, hexamine and other solid fuels, etc.
- Poisons: arsenic trioxide and all types of "toxins", pesticide powder, termite powder, pesticide spray, etc.
- Live animals (except guide dogs) and foul smelling items
- Things that interfere with the train's signal
Limited Quantity Items
You can take the following items on a train in limited quantities:
- Nail polish, delusterant, or hair dye (up to 20 ml)
- Aerosol spray cans/bottles (up to 120 ml): mousse, hairspray, air freshener, etc.
- Two small boxes of safety matches
- Two ordinary lighters