What is the luggage allowance of China train
Just like taking a flight, there is a baggage allowance to adhere to when taking a train. Please read on to see how many bags you can take on a train in China, and where to place them.
Weight and Size Limits
The maximum weight and size for free carry-on baggage for each passenger is as follows. All items exceeding this should be consigned to a rail freight car or mailed separately.
Free Baggage Allowance
- Child (including those with a free ticket): 10 kg (22 lbs)
- Adult: 20 kg (44 lbs)
- Diplomat: 35 kg (77 lbs)
For normal trains:
- The total of the three dimensions (length + width + height) of each item must not exceed 160 cm (63 in). For example 70cm x 40cm x 50 cm would be just withing the limit.
- The exception is a rod-shaped item (like a fishing rod in its case, or a tube containing a painting), which must not exceed 200 cm (79 in). Width restrictions are not specified, but presumably "rod-shaped items" must be less than about 10 cm (4 in) in diameter.
For high-speed trains (C, D, and G trains):
- The total of the three dimensions cannot exceed 130 cm (51 in).
- A rod-shaped item cannot exceed 130 cm (51 in).
Things You Can't Bring on a China Train
The items listed below are not permitted on a train or in a train station:
- Dangerous items: any weapons, such as knives and guns, and offensive items, including imitation guns, and any type of bullets
- Explosives: items with an explosive quality, such as firecrackers
- Compressed gases: petroleum gas, coal gas, oxygen, hydrogen, etc.
- Flammable liquids: alcohol, adhesives, thinners, spray paint, gasoline and other fuel oils, etc.
- Highly-flammable solids: camphor, hexamine and other solid fuels, etc.
- Poisons: arsenic trioxide and all types of "toxins", pesticide powder, termite powder, pesticide spray, etc.
- Live animals (except guide dogs) and foul smelling items
- Things that interfere with the train's signal
Limited Quantity Items
You can take the following items on a train in limited quantities:
- Nail polish, delusterant, or hair dye (up to 20 ml)
- Aerosol spray cans/bottles (up to 120 ml): mousse, hairspray, air freshener, etc.
- Two small boxes of safety matches
- Two ordinary lighters