Shenzhen Railway Stations
As one of the most important railway hubs in China, Shenzhen has several train stations in service, they are Shenzhen Railway Station, Shenzhen North Railway Station, Futian Railway Station, Shenzhen East Railway Station and Shenzhen West Railway Station.
Shenzhen Railway Station
- Address: 1003 Jianshe Road, Luohu District, Shenzhen (Chinese: 深圳市罗湖区建设路1003号)
- Station size: 4 platforms, 8 tracks
- Metro: Metro Line 1 (Luobao Line)
Shenzhen Railway Station is located at the city center, just beside the Luohu Port that connects Hong Kong. It mainly serves intercity high-speed trains to Guangzhou and Dongguan and normal-speed ones to Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai, Changsha, Nanjing and other major cities. Shenzhen Railway Station is 18 kilometers (11 miles)) from Shenzhen North Railway Station, 5 miles and 25 40 kilometers (25 miles) from Bao'an International Airport.
Shenzhen Railway Station is made up of a three-storey terminal building and east and west two squares. The waiting room covers a total area of more than 12,000 square meters and can accommodate more than 10,000 passengers at the same time.
- 3F: Waiting Area, Ticket Office, Mother & Baby Waiting Room, Left Luggage Office
- 2F: Ticket Office, Passenger Information Center, Restaurant, Bank, Coffee Shop, Service Center
- 1F: Ticket Office, Supplementary Ticket Office, Exit, Luggage Consignment Office
- -1F: Police Desk, Ticket Office, Exit, Metro
- East and West Squares: Bus Stations, Taxi Stands, Luohu Coach Station
Shenzhen North Railway Station
- Address: 28, Zhiyuan Zhong Road, Minzhi Street, Longhua New Area, Shenzhen 深圳深圳市宝安区龙华新区民治街道致远中路28号市龙华新区民治街道
- Station size: 20 platforms
- Metro: Metro Lines 4, 5, and 6
High-speed trains from Shenzhen to Guangzhou and Hong Kong depart from Shenzhen North Station. It also serves long-distance bullet trains north towards Beijing, Wuhan, Changsha and other cities, and west to Guilin, Nanning, and Guiyang.
- 4F: Commercial area. Subway Line 4.
- 3F: On the east square plaza, there are taxi and city bus arrival areas. In the central station area, there are waiting rooms, ticket counters, ticket vending machines, restaurants, and bathrooms. On the west square plaza, there is an entry inspection area and the Shenzhen North Coach Station.
- 2F: The east square has Local bus and taxi departure areas. The central building has bullet train platforms. The west square plaza has taxi and automobile parking.
- 1F: The east square has local bus departure and taxi departure. The central building has the arrivals hall. The west square plaza has private vehicle parking.
- -1F: The east square area has Subway Line 5 (Huanzhong Line). The central building has tracks for the Pinghu-Nanshan Railway. It is a conventional railroad, and there are no platforms for it.
Futian Railway Station
Shenzhen Futian Railway Station is a major station on the Guangzhou–Shenzhen–Hong Kong Express Rail Link. It is the first underground railway station located in a central city area of China and the largest of its kind in Asia, second only to New York’s Grand Central Terminal in the world.
Futian Railway Station is the last station in mainland China before Hong Kong on the under construction Beijing–HK line. The opening and operation of Shenzhen Futian Railway Station marks Hong Kong’s integration into mainland China’s high-speed railway network.