One Day Chongming Island Cycling Tour - Great Gateway from Shanghai
Chongming Island is the world’s largest alluvial island located at the east estuary of Yangtze River, just 1 1/2 hours from downtown Shanghai. The whole island is considered a "national geological park”.
There are many fun things to do including enjoying a ride around the island for clean air and tremendous wetlands. Many spices can be seen in autumn and winter, as renowned for a good spot for bird watching.
Ride with a professional bike leader through small villages, parks, plantations, and the beautiful wetlands, you will stop for many photogenic spots on the island. Fun for families and nature lovers.
- Departure point: Central Plaza Shanghai
- Distance:: 38km
- Difficulty: Easy to moderate
Price for per person
Contact us via WeChat
for any inquiry
Scan ChinaTravel QR Code
What To Expect
- Ride around less crowned path on Chongming Island
- Enjoy the tranquility and the beauty of nature
- See China's only wetland park and a migratory bird reserve
- Experience rural life in villages and get closer to the people
About The Tour
Meet in Shanghai Central Plaza (上海中环广场), and take a 2 1/2 hours drive to Chongming island. You will pass through Shanghai Yangtze River Tunnel and Bridge on the way.
Upon arrival on Chongming Island, the guide will do a trip briefing and bike fitting. Its 4-5 hours cycling tour spans a whopping 38 kilometers. Cycling along the riverside and leading you to the main sites of the island, wetlands, forest parks, and small villages. Stop for some great photos and have a simple lunch (sandwich) at noon for refreshment.
Back to Shanghai in the afternoon, the tour ends in Central Plaza Shanghai
Price Per Person in US Dollars
* The price may change during some national holidays including the Spring Festival, Labor Day (1st May), Mid Autumn Day, and National Day (1st-7th Oct.).
* The price is subject to change based on the exchange rate.
- English speaking tour guide
- Private Shanghai round-trip transportation
- Mountain Bicycle and helmet
- Entrance fees to the scenic spots
- Lunch (Sandwich) and Water
- Support vehicle
Good to Know
- Bike preparation: The bike will be prepared according to your height and weight, so tell your trip advisor while you book the tour
- Physical requirements: All cyclists need a good sense of balance, if you have a health problem in nature, please state your situation in the booking form
- Price inclusion: Tour price includes cycling rental fees, helmet, cuffs, a bottle of water, ferriage, round way ferry boat tickets (if going to Pudong), and a private English-speaking guide.
- Pickup time: Your guide will contact you the night before your tour to appoint the exact pick-up time.
from US $ p/p