Zhangjiajie Hehua International Airport
Zhangjiajie Hehua International Airport, airport code DYG, is the only airport in Zhangjiajie. It is only 5 kilometers (3 miles) from Zhangjiajie downtown and 37 kilometers (23 miles) from Wulingyuan. Read more to learn about the flights to Zhangjiajie and other ways to get to and around Zhangjiajie.
Zhangjiajie Hehua International Airport
Which Airlines Offer Flights to Zhangjiajie?
Most flights from and to Zhangjiajie are operated by one of the following airlines:
China Southern Airlines, China Eastern Airlines, Shanghai Airlines, Air China, Juneyao Air, Joy Air, Sichuan Airlines, Air Guilin, China Express, Qingdao Airlines, Loong Air, Capital Airlines, Spring Airlines.
Direct Flights to/from Zhangjiajie
There are direct flights to Zhangjiajie airport from China’s major cities every day, such as Beijing, Changsha, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, and Chengdu. See the information about direct flights to/from Zhangjiajie from the map below:
Beijing/Guangzhou/Shanghai/Xi’an to Zhangjiajie Flight
Zhangjiajie is a small city so direct flights are very limited, both domestically and internationally. The flight routes from Zhangjiajie airport directly fly into Bangkok, Seoul, Busan, and dozens of major cities in China such as Changsha, Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, and Xi’an.
- Beijing to Zhangjiajie Flight: There is only one direct flight from Beijing (PEK airport code) to Zhangjiajie every day. It takes around 3 hours and costs vary from 880 to 1480 CNY.
- Guangzhou to Zhangjiajie Flight: China Southern Airlines provides two direct flights from Guangzhou (CAN) to Zhangjiajie daily. The flight takes less than 2 hours and costs about 980 CNY one way.
- Shanghai to Zhangjiajie Flight: Three direct flights are available from Shanghai (PVG) to Zhangjiajie. The journey takes less than 3 hours and costs around 1300 CNY one way.
- Xi’an to Zhangjiajie Flight: There are one or two non-stop flights from Xi’an (XIY) to Zhangjiajie every day. The trip takes one and a half hours and costs about 750 CNY one way.
Book your flight tickets from/to Zhangjiajie Hehua Airport.
Changsha to Zhangjiajie Flight
Changsha is 321 kilometers (200 miles) from Zhangjiajie. It is an important city connecting to Zhangjiajie. The direct flight from Changsha to Zhangjiajie takes 70 minutes and costs about 750 CNY one way. If you can’t get a non-stop ticket from your city to Zhangjiajie, you would have to change in Changsha and get to Zhangjiajie by air or high-speed train.
A high-speed train is actually the most recommended way to get from Changsha to Zhangjiajie, which takes 3 hours and costs only 138 CNY, with more than 20 departures per day. Click China Train Ticket Service to book tickets early!
Zhangjiajie Airport to Downtown
Zhangjiajie downtown is only 5 km from Zhangjiajie airport. The simplest way is to take a taxi to get there.
Taking a taxi in Zhangjiajie charges 6 CNY for the first 1.6km and usually, 20 CNY is enough from the airport to your hotel downtown. Taxis are available 24/7, which will of course cost extra at night, during 22:00-06:00.
- Departures: every hour from 9:00-24:00
- Pick-up Point: outside the Arrival Hall, F1, T2
- Stops: Post Office Building, Zhangjiajie International Hotel
- Price: free for passengers who hold a boarding card or air ticket
Take bus no. 4 to get from Zhangjiajie airport to downtown. The bus runs every 15 minutes between 05:50 and 19:00, it takes 30 minutes and costs 2 CNY.
Zhangjiajie Airport to Wulingyuan
Wulingyuan is 37 kilometers (23 miles) from Zhangjiajie airport and needs 50 minutes of driving. Wulingyuan is a district covering Zhangjiajie’s important attractions, like Zhangjiajie National Forest Park. There’s no direct bus from Zhangjiajie airport to Wulingyuan and the best way is to book a private car with a private transfer service.
By Private Transfer
We provide private transfer service.
It would be easier to travel around Zhangjiajie with private pick-up and transfer service. We can arrange a private car and driver to take you to the forest park or your Wulingyuan hotel and back. They will wait for you when your flight is scheduled to land in Zhangjiajie in the late evening or when you need to catch an early flight to leave Zhangjiajie.
- Feel free contact us and book your private transfer service!
Take a cab/bus no. 4 from airport to Zhangjiajie Central Bus Station (张家界中心汽车站) and then catch a through bus from the bus station to Wulingyuan at a cost of around 20 CNY. The last bus departs at 7 pm.
The price of getting to Wulingyuan from Zhangjiajie by taxi might vary from 100 to 300 CNY. It is the least- recommended way if you are not good at bargaining.
Do the hotels in Zhangjiajie arrange transportation service from the airport?
Yes, most star-rated hotels in Zhangjiajie provide pick-up service, for example, Best Western Grand Hotel downtown, Zhangjiajie Pullman Hotel, and Crowne Plaza Zhangjiajie in Wulingyuan. It is advised to double-check with the hotel before booking.
Zhangjiajie Airport Tips
Zhangjiajie Hehua International Airport is quite small but considered one of the most beautiful airports in China – from which you can see the famous Tianmen Mountain and Tianmen Cave in the distance.
Try not to travel to Zhangjiajie during China’s public holidays: Labor Day, and National Day (October 1-7) – otherwise your trip will end up with overwhelming queues and expensive flights and hotels.
Traveling to Zhangjiajie With Us
Zhangjiajie is really a once-in-a-lifetime destination for Avatar movie fans as well as natural beauty lovers. We’ve got all kinds of Zhangjiajie tours depending on your time budget, and energy. Check the sample itineraries below and don’t hesitate to tell us your travel ideas!
- 1-Day World’s Longest Glass Bridge Tour in Zhangjiajie
- Zhangjiajie Essence Scenery Tour - Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, Tianzi Mountain, Baofeng Lake, Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon, Tianmen Mountain Cable Car
- Zhangjiajie Pandora Tour from Shanghai - Shanghai, Zhangjiajie, Fenghuang