Guilin North Railway Stations: Transportation, Train Routes and Tips
There are two railway stations in Guilin: Guilin Railway Station ( also called Guilin South Railway Station) and Guilin North Railway Station. Among the two, Guilin North Railway Station is smaller and less used by travelers.
Compared to Guilin Railway Station (South Railway Station), Guilin North Railway Station is more quite with fewer passengers. The reason for the unpopularity of the station is that few trains stopping at this station.
Transportation to Guilin North Railway Station
1. To/from Guilin North Railway Station (桂林北站): 1, 32, 100, 302
2. To/from Guilin Liangjiang International Airport (桂林两江国际机场): take Bus No.32 or 100 to the Aviation Hotel (民航大厦) and take Airport Shuttle Bus
To Guilin Railway Station (桂林站)
Guilin Railway Station is located in Xiangshan District. To get there, you can take Bus No.99 or 100 to Guilin North Railway Station (桂林北站). The whole journey will take about 50 minutes.
Read more about Guilin Train Transportation.
Guilin North Railway Station (桂林北站) is the high speed railway station of the city and an important joint in the southwest China railway network. For common trains, there are trains bounding Liuzhou, Changsha, Shenzhen, Nanning, Nanchang and Shanghai etc. High speed trains include trains to Guangzhou, Guiyang, Nanning and Shenzhen.
- D-trains: to Guangzhou, Guiyang, Nanning and Shenzhen.
- G-trains: to Guangzhou, Guiyang, Nanning and Shenzhen.
- K-trains: to Liuzhou, Nanning, Changsha, Shenzhen, Nanchang, Kunming, Jiujiang, Chengdu, Hefei, Nanjing, Beijing, Ningbo, Xi’an, Hangzhou, Zhanjiang, Xuzhou, Harbin, Qingdao, Xingyi, Changchun and Fuzhou etc.
- T-trains: to Shanghai, Nanning and Kunming
- Z-trains: to Beijing
- Numbered-trains: to Hezhou, Maoming and Pingxiang.
Before you enter the station building, you will have an X-ray screen run over your body, while ID card or passport will be checked. Afterwards, your luggage will be screened on a machine and your tickets and ID will be checked again. Things that are not allowed to take in:
- firearms (guns, knives, ammunition of any caliber in any quantity etc)
- explosives (including fireworks and pyrotechnics)
- imitation explosives or devices
- items containing incapacitating gases, liquids or other substances (including CS gas sprays)
- inflammable substances except in minimal quantities (eg. lighters)
- butane gas
- any items that are prohibited or limited by the government
- live animals and insects and anything that can do harm to other passengers and public hygiene
- Luggage that exceeds the limitation of the regulation shall not be brought onto train either
The maximum carry-on baggage allowance for each adult passenger is 20 kg and 10 kg for each child. The total length of each item can not exceed 160 cm. The above limitation is not applicable to wheelchair, which can be brought onto the train for free. Baggage space is limited and must be stored in your car so it is advised to travel lightly.
Read more about the baggage allowance on China trains.
Ticket office is at the left side of the station building, with over 15 counters selling tickets of trains that pass or depart Guilin. And trains of other origins can be sold, too. The working hours is from 7:00AM to 11:00PM daily, with some counters at break during noon time. Automatic ticketing machines are at the southwest corner and at the entrance of CRH, but only available for Chinese-ID-card holders. You can pick up, change or cancel train tickets at any counter. Tickets of trains that do not depart from Guilin can also be cancelled or endorsed at this station with a certain amount of cost depending on the day of action. Numbers of the counters for ticket cancellation and endorse can be changed. Use the following sentences to find the right place:
- 请问去哪个窗口退票？ (Which counter can I cancel my tickets, please?)
- 请问去哪个窗口改签？ (Which counter can I endorse my tickets, please?)
At the exit to each platform of the waiting room, there will be both manual ticket check and automatic ticket check machines. You don’t have to show your travel documents until you get on the train. The checking stops 5 minutes before the departure time. Make sure you are in the line and don’t miss it.
On the ground floor, there will be a common waiting room and a fee-extra business waiting room. Another two waiting rooms on the second floor. You should follow your tickets or the big LED screen to find your own waiting section.
At the right side of the entrance on the ground floor, there is a Luggage Carrier Service (行李包裹承运处). If you carry luggage that is beyond 20kg, you should have your luggage carried to your destination at this counter. For luggage deposit, you can either use the auto locker in the waiting hall or luggage deposit shops at the entrance. The station crew in red caps can carry your luggage onto the train at a starting price of 10RMB/piece.