Top 7 Ski Resorts in China
Some believe the best way to experience winter is to go skiing. Can you go skiing in China? Yes of course! For ski lovers who visit China in winter, we’ve listed 7 recommended ski resorts and their travel information, including their address, highlights, tickets, transportation, and the best time for skiing.
1. Yabuli Ski Resort in Harbin
- Location: Yabuli Town, Shangzhi, Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province
- Features: China’s largest ski resort with the longest alpine ski slope in Asia
- Skiing time: 8:00-16:30 from November to March (best from Dec. to middle Feb.)
- Price: depending on your skiing hours, usually from CNY 180 (for 2 hours) to CNY 480 (for one day); the price will rise on weekends and holidays.
- Getting there: take the train from Harbin East (哈尔滨东) Railway Station to Yabuli South (亚布力南) Railway Station (for about 3 hours), and then take tourist bus within the resort.
- One-stop tour with us: Yabuli Skiing Tour
About two and a half hours’ drive from Harbin downtown, Yabuli (亚布力) Ski Resort is the largest ski resort in China, as well as China’s biggest comprehensive training center for snow activities. It consists of three mountains and boasts the longest alpine ski slope in Asia. Its 17 slopes can meet all kinds of travelers’ needs.
The snow days at Yabuli can last almost 6 months from November to April of the next year and visitors can go skiing from mid-November to late March. Snowmobile, sled, cable car, and ski gear rental are available in the resort. Restaurants, hotels, and aid centers are conveniently located in the area.
2. Xiling Ski Resort in Chengdu
- Location: Xiling Snow Mountain, Xiling Town, Dayi County, Chengdu City
- Features: beautiful views from Xiling Snow Mountain
- Skiing time: 9:00-17:30 from December to March
- Price: CNY 120 for entrance ticket and snow activities cost extra, usually CNY 120 per hour for skiing. The price will rise during weekends and holidays.
- Getting there: by bus: 1) Chengdu Jinsha Bus Station (金沙车站) to Dayi Passenger Station (大邑客运中心); 2) Dayi Passenger Station to Xiling Snow Mountain.
- One-stop tour with us: Customize your Xiling skiing and giant panda tour with us.
Chengdu Xiling Snow Mountain (西岭雪山) Ski Resort is the largest and the best alpine ski resort in South China. With an altitude between 2,200 and 2,400 meters, the resort owns an advanced snow-making system. It has 10 international-standard trails for ski lovers. Besides skiing, travelers can take part in a lot of entertainment programs such as snowmobile, hot air balloon, and snow hovercraft.
3. Wanlong Ski Resort in Hebei
- Location: Honghualiang, Chongli District, Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province
- Features: the most professional ski resort with the best facilities near Beijing
- Skiing time: 8:00-17:00 from November to 5th, April
- Price: depending on your skiing hours, usually from CNY 350 (for 2 hours) to CNY 850 (for one day). The price will rise during New Year’s Day and Spring Festival holidays.
- Getting there from Beijing: 1) Take the bus from Beijing North Suburb Coach Station (北郊长途汽车站) to Chongli Bus Station (崇礼汽车站); 2) Then get to Wanlong Ski Resort by taxi.
Wanlong (万龙) Ski Resort in Hebei Province is about a 4 hours coach journey from Beijing. It is one of the earliest ski resorts opening to the public in Asia. There are 32 trails including 4 for beginners, 6 for advanced, and 22 for experts, to meet the needs of all levels of skiers.
Wanlong Ski Resort has advanced skiing equipment imported from Canada and Japan. It is a training base for a lot of professional ski teams from China, Japan, and South Korea. Besides, the resort provides the best dining of all the ski resorts in the country.
4. Changbaishan Ski Resort in Jilin
- Location: White Mountain Resort, Songjianghe Town, Fusong County, Baishan City, Jilin Province
- Features: Designed by Winter Olympic company Ecosign
- Skiing time: 8:30-16:00 from November to middle April
- Price: If you stay overnight in the resort, your hotel will offer you a ski ticket for free.
- Getting there: There is a shuttle bus between Changbaishan Airport and Changbai Resort.
- One-stop tour with us: Contact us to create your Changbaishan skiing tour.
Among the original forest of Changbaishan Mountains Nature Reserve, Wanda Changbaishan (长白山) International Ski Resort is a great place to go skiing with beautiful natural scenery. It has great snow quality which is close to that of France and North Italy.
The ski resort is designed by Ecosign, a company that has designed ski resorts for the 5 Olympic Winter Games. It has 43 snow trails, including 9 high-level, 14 intermediate, and 20 primaries. In addition, it is a great pleasure to enjoy a hot spring after skiing. Taking an excursion to Changbaishan Mountains, Tianchi Lake, and Erdaobai River is also a good idea.
5. Beidahu Ski Resort in Jilin
- Location: Beidahu Development District, Jilin City, Jilin Province
- Features: ski slopes with international standards, rime
- Skiing time: 8:30-16:30 from November to April
- Price: depending on your skiing hours, usually from CNY 190 (for 4 hours) to CNY 230 (for one day). The price will rise during weekends and holidays.
- Getting there: There’s a shuttle bus running between Jilin Railway Station (吉林站) and Beidahu Ski Resort.
Only 33 miles away from the downtown of Jilin City, Beidahu (北大壶) Ski Resort is an important skiing center for both sportsmen and ski lovers. It has 19 professional trails, which meet the international standards of alpine skiing, cross-country skiing, ski jumping, freeskiing, and more. There were several international and national sports events hosted in Beidahu, for example, the 2007 Winter Asia Games and the 2016-17 FIS Freestyle Ski World Cup.
6. Nanshan Ski Resort in Beijing
- Location: Shengshuitou Village, Henanzhai Town, Miyun District, Beijing
- Features: complete facilities, good for beginners and kids
- Skiing time: 8:30-16:30 and 18:00-21:30 from December to February
- Price: CNY 20 for the entrance ticket. The skiing price varies depending on your skiing hours, usually from CNY 260 (for 2 hours) to CNY 470 (for one day). The price will rise during weekends and holidays.
- Getting there: There’s a shuttle bus from Wudaokou 五道口 (100 meters away from Wudaokou subway station) to Nanshan ski resort. It leaves at 8:30 and goes back from Nanshan at 17:30 every day, with payment via WeChat on the phone only.
- One-stop tour with us: Add snow activities to your private Beijing experience tour.
Located in the south of Miyun District, Nanshan (南山) Ski Resort is the most popular ski resort in Beijing (so it is recommended to go there on weekdays to avoid crowds). The resort has 25 trails, 180 skiing instructors, and a snowboarding theme Park, making it a great place for beginners and children.
7. Silk Road Ski Resort in Urumqi
- Location: Silk Road Resort, Xigou Town, Urumqi, Xinjiang
- Features: one of the best ski resorts in China
- Opening time: 10:30-18:30 and 19:30-23:00 from middle November to February
- Price: depending on your skiing hours, usually from CNY 80 (for 2 hours) to CNY 140 (for one day) on weekdays. The price will greatly rise during weekends and holidays.
- Getting there: by shuttle bus from the north square of Urumqi Railway Station or Xinjiang International Grand Bazaar to the Silk Road Resort.
- One-stop tour with us: Golden Silk Road Experience Journey
Located on the Tianshan mountain range at 1,800 to 2,500 meters above sea level, Silk Road Ski Resort is the largest ski resort in northwest China. There are 12 snow trails and 5 of them are long alpine slopes (open after mid-December each year) for advanced skiers. In addition to skiing, travelers can take a cable car ride or hike to the virgin forests of the Tianshan Mountains and enjoy the stunning snow-covered views.