1-Day Longji Rice Terraced Fields and Minority Villages Tour (Mini Group of 6 People)
This tour will get you in-depth explore the Guilin Minority group by visiting their village, learning how to make their traditional food, and a chance to talk to the Yao ladies, they will show their custom dresses and long hair.
Price for Per person
Contact us via WeChat
for any inquiry
Scan ChinaTravel QR Code
What To Expect
- Discover the mysterious Zhuang and Yao minorities in Longji.
- Find out how their wooden houses were built without nails.
- Learn how to make their daily food – roasted bamboo rice.
- Trekking through terraced rice fields from one village to another.
- Talk to Yao ladies in the village and they will show you their handmade dress and long hair.
Our guide will contact you the day before your trip for ensuring the exact pickup time, just make sure you leave us a valid contact number.
Your guide will pick you up in the hotel lobby at the appointment time and may head to collect other group members from other hotels.
Any emergency or the guide does not contact you in real-time, please call us at 86-13557335293.
Your tour itinerary will adjust due to the weather condition and any force majeure base on your agreement.
- Pick-up time depends on the distance to your hotel.
- Free hotel collection and drop-off areas are within the urban areas of Guilin and Yangshuo.
- If your hotel is outside downtown, you can take a taxi to the appointed hotel. Don't forget to leave us the details of the hotel where you will be staying.
- Your Provided Transportation is an air-conditioned van, equipped with spacious seats and seatbelts. You will have a licensed driver with over 5 years of driving experience.
After all members are met, first we will drive to Longjing Ancient Zhuang Village which takes 2 hours (108km) while taking 2 1/2 hours from Yangshuo (155km, additional cost of $10 may apply).
Visit less crowded part of the terraced field, 15-minute walking to visit the Ecological Museum and a local Zhuang people's house, wooden architecture built by The ethnic group, Baiyi Zhuang -White Clothes Zhuang. , and then take an eco-vehicle to the viewing point known as 'Slender Ditch'.
This is quite an easy hike that is mostly are the gentle path that takes around 1 hour (8 km) to Pingan village, along you can see locals working in paddy fields, sometimes working with their cattle.
- Today‘s tour requests a bit of physical challenge, comfortable walking shoes are required.
- We can provide alpenstocks if required, just tell your guide before the trip.
After an hour’s hike, we arrive at Ping’an Village, refreshing and enjoying a delicious meal at a local farmer’s restaurant; in the meanwhile, the household will teach you how to make roasted bamboo rice from a fresh bamboo stem, that’s quite a fun experience.
Stroll around after lunch and walk up to the highest point of the terraced field - Seven Stars with the Moon, I am sure you will amaze by the panoramic view of undulating rice terraces, this is also the best photography spot that is famous in the world’s top photographers, journalist, and filmmakers.
Meet Yao ladies in this area, they will show you their long hair and their handicraft, can you imagine ladies in this tribe only cutting their hair twice for their whole life? Your guide has an interesting story to tell.
- For showing respect to the ladies, your guide will give them some tips.
- It’s up to you if you are happy to give her an extra amount.
Continue to walk to another viewing point - Nine Dragons and Five Tigers, which has different slop shapes of Seven Stars with the Moon.
Today’s activities finish here, then Take an e-vehicle down the hill and get on your bus back to Guilin.
Price Per Person in US Dollars
* The price may change during some festivals including the Spring Festival, Tomb Sweeping Day, Labor Day (1st May), Mid Autumn Day, and National Day (1st Oct.).
* The price is subject to change based on the exchange rate.
- Entrance fees to scenic spots as listed in the itinerary
- Meal as specified in the itinerary
- Shared transfer between your hotel and scenic spots
- A shared English tour guide
- A licensed shared driver
- Service charges & government taxes
from US $ p/p